PDA

View Full Version : POSS SPOILERS: SProbably already mentioned but..

BenXFD
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
First off, I apologise if this has been mentioned a million times and again I apologise if my facts are off.

I'm a big fan of the AC series, though only 1, 2 and 3, I never liked Brotherhood or Revelations, however I watched the cutscenes of those games on YouTube so to keep up with the main story.

Now this could be a wild conspiracy theory but at the end Revelations when that whole Animus purgatory place starts crumbling down, Subject 16(Clay) grabs Desmond and he's all like "What are you doing!?" and Clay says "I'M SAVING YOU!!" all the while Desmond's right arm has a weird animus-type effect going through it.

Fast forward to Assassin's Creed 3's ending and it's his right hand that he uses to touch the orb to 'sacrifice himself'. That arm seems to be visibly burnt but nothing else is.

Anyone else think Clay somehow transferred a part of himself into Desmond's arm, knowing what would happen, and has therefore saved him?

Assassin_M
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Nope. don't think so

POP1Fan
01-09-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't think so either, but there is one line that doesn't make me 100% sure of this stance:
"I have seen what has been, what WILL BE".
Maybe Clay saw what would happen in the end and by "saving the idiot" he actually saved him from death in the Temple. Sure, there is nothing that points towards it, but Assassin's Creed has always been open for debate/disscusion. I may also like to think this since Clay is my favourite modern-day character and after being very hyped up, he wasn't what I expected and his part hasn't been as huge as it seemed at first...

BenXFD
01-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah i'm not overly convinced but it just seems to make sense to me. Otherwise 16 was greatly underutilise and if he didn't transfer himself into Desmond then what on earth was that strange hug all about as he was being deleted, and why did Desmond right arm start glowing when he was out of the animus right at the end of Revelations?

There's also a point in 3 where I think Rebecca is talking and she mentions "Subject 16" and Desmond just snaps and says "HIS NAME WAS CLAY!". I don't recall him ever particularly caring about this before, so just another little hint that Clay's presence is inside Desmond (so to speak!).

It's just a theory of course, but I buy into this one more than any of the others, personally.

POP1Fan
01-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah i'm not overly convinced but it just seems to make sense to me. Otherwise 16 was greatly underutilise and if he didn't transfer himself into Desmond then what on earth was that strange hug all about as he was being deleted, and why did Desmond right arm start glowing when he was out of the animus right at the end of Revelations?

There's also a point in 3 where I think Rebecca is talking and she mentions "Subject 16" and Desmond just snaps and says "HIS NAME WAS CLAY!". I don't recall him ever particularly caring about this before, so just another little hint that Clay's presence is inside Desmond (so to speak!).

It's just a theory of course, but I buy into this one more than any of the others, personally.

Yeah, I don't think it is, but it can make sense if it comes up into play.

GoldyTart
01-10-2013, 12:27 AM
So combining all of these posts together... It seems that we are in the opinion that when Clay hugged Desmond, it wasn't because Clay was going to miss him, it was because he needed a physical touch to do something we have no idea what. In revelations he also asked Desmond for another body so that Clay could escape... Desmond declined but it was intriguing when Clay asked a weird question. In TLA, he has seen what will be.... so he in theory knew what to expect. In ACR's ending, Desmond has a weird glow in his right arm, the same arm glowed when Clay hugged him. In AC3 well..... you guys complete the rest

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-10-2013, 03:19 AM
Yes this has been said, there's actually a whole theory on this on Youtube. Could be because I don't wan't want to get disappointed in further installments by Ubisoft.
Anyway, I believe and HOPE that this is at least partially true. I still have some faith in Ubi and the rather anticlimactic AC3 doesn't really seem their style (with Desmond's death and all).
Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKhXbTFKE8&list=LLzhIqssN7dcBMAc4MrS-ZgQ
Credits to fmirza95

ToughGuy31
01-10-2013, 03:45 AM
First off, I apologise if this has been mentioned a million times and again I apologise if my facts are off.

I'm a big fan of the AC series, though only 1, 2 and 3, I never liked Brotherhood or Revelations, however I watched the cutscenes of those games on YouTube so to keep up with the main story.

Now this could be a wild conspiracy theory but at the end Revelations when that whole Animus purgatory place starts crumbling down, Subject 16(Clay) grabs Desmond and he's all like "What are you doing!?" and Clay says "I'M SAVING YOU!!" all the while Desmond's right arm has a weird animus-type effect going through it.

Fast forward to Assassin's Creed 3's ending and it's his right hand that he uses to touch the orb to 'sacrifice himself'. That arm seems to be visibly burnt but nothing else is.

Anyone else think Clay somehow transferred a part of himself into Desmond's arm, knowing what would happen, and has therefore saved him?
Yes, but alot of other people don't, even tho that would be awesome. Also, how could you say you don't like a game you never played?

Also the fact that Rebecca stated that Desmond was more stable to the bleeding effect after Revelations. It really seems Clay saved Desmond, and it was shown that Desmond was different after words.

BenXFD
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes, but alot of other people don't, even tho that would be awesome. Also, how could you say you don't like a game you never played?

I own all 5 PS3 AC games. I just hated Brotherhood so I never finished it and I couldn't get into Revelations because of the real time strategy aspect, hate them, ruined Brutal Legend for me!
So yeah I've played them and decided I didn't like them.

HisSpiritLives
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
All i know is that Ubisoft said we will not play Desmond in next game,but that theory is interesting.

MRNMRSPACER
01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Yes this has been said, there's actually a whole theory on this on Youtube. Could be because I don't wan't want to get disappointed in further installments by Ubisoft.
Anyway, I believe and HOPE that this is at least partially true. I still have some faith in Ubi and the rather anticlimactic AC3 doesn't really seem their style (with Desmond's death and all).
Here's the video:

Credits to fmirza95
this makes perfect sense...ima go with this xD

SkiesSeven
01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I'll never understand why people like characters like 'Clay'. Only in the strictest canon do such characters even have a purpose.

ToughGuy31
01-10-2013, 09:18 PM
I'll never understand why people like characters like 'Clay'. Only in the strictest canon do such characters even have a purpose.
How dare you not like Clay!

pacmanate
01-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Here's the video:

Credits to fmirza95

THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. Desmond is alive.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 10:00 PM
THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. Desmond is alive.
It does ? It sounded like so much Bull ****, I thought my 10 year old brother was the one who made that video...

BenXFD
01-10-2013, 11:39 PM
It does ? It sounded like so much Bull ****, I thought my 10 year old brother was the one who made that video...

Not being rude or anything, i'm new to the forums so have missed a lot of the discussion, but what is so out of the realms of possibility about this theory?

FilipinoNinja67
01-10-2013, 11:40 PM

So you're definitly not insulting the maker of the video right? And you insult your own brother? Have you no respect?

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
So you're definitly not insulting the maker of the video right? And you insult your own brother? Have you no respect?
None of your business:)

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Not being rude or anything, i'm new to the forums so have missed a lot of the discussion, but what is so out of the realms of possibility about this theory?
Everything. right down to the very fact that Ubisoft said that this is Desmond`s story wrap up

BenXFD
01-10-2013, 11:46 PM
I suppose that depends on what classes as 'Desmond's story'. To me 'Desmond's story' was to try and save the World which was always going to have to wrap up in AC3 as they'd tied it in with the whole Mayan apocalypse nonsense. Ending 'Desmond's story' and ending 'Desmond's character' are not necessarily exclusive.

If the whatever happens next is 'Juno's story' for example, that doesn't mean Desmond can't feature even if only in a minor role. The whole way he died after training him to be an Assassin just makes very little sense. Extremely anticlimactic and leaves a ton of loose ends. If nothing else it's terrible storytelling.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
I suppose that depends on what classes as 'Desmond's story'. To me 'Desmond's story' was to try and save the World which was always going to have to wrap up in AC3 as they'd tied it in with the whole Mayan apocalypse nonsense. Ending 'Desmond's story' and ending 'Desmond's character' are not necessarily exclusive.

If the whatever happens next is 'Juno's story' for example, that doesn't mean Desmond can't feature even if only in a minor role. The whole way he died after training him to be an Assassin just makes very little sense. Extremely anticlimactic and leaves a ton of loose ends. If nothing else it's terrible storytelling.
And yet, CLEARLY his theory puts Desmond as the Central Character along with "Eva". Corey stated that Desmond is taking his place among the Legends of the past after AC III. Face it he`s done.

Also, that`s your opinion if it`s terrible story telling...

ToughGuy31
01-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Everything. right down to the very fact that Ubisoft said that this is Desmond`s story wrap up
But ubisoft does there best to please the fans, usually. They did say it was the end and everybody hated it. It's not far fetched that they would go back to Desmond one more time.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 11:56 PM
But ubisoft does there best to please the fans, usually. They did say it was the end and everybody hated it. It's not far fetched that they would go back to Desmond one more time.
Not to change their Story. If they wanted to please the fans, they would`v released an extended ending. like what happened with Mass Effect. Pleasing fans and changing their Story are 2 different things..

BenXFD
01-10-2013, 11:58 PM
That's a fair point, it would do. I'm just not going to rule it out. It makes a decent bit of sense to me at least and i'm never going to put too much weight into what company spokesmen or writers say about a game's content before it's released. It could be to fool us all.

Writer: This game is the end of Desmond's story
AC3: Desmond dies
Player: Oh well, we kinda knew that would happen.
AC4: Desmond turns up
Player: OMG!

That's a fairly simple ploy. Not saying that's what happened, but as other people have mentioned Ubisoft like to swerve us and by outright telling us months before a game that it's the end of the main character that's doing the exact opposite.

You're right, it's my opinion, there's way too many unanswered questions for my liking. If this is the end of his story then I want some answers and satisfying conclusions to storylines that have been building for five years, but enough has been said about that ending to fill the Leveson inquiry.

As far as the theory goes, we'll just have to agree to disagree, but whatever the next game brings, Desmond or no Desmond, i'm sure we'll both enjoy it. :)

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 12:00 AM
You're right, it's my opinion, there's way too many unanswered questions for my liking. If this is the end of his story then I want some answers and satisfying conclusions to storylines that have been building for five years, but enough has been said about that ending to fill the Leveson inquiry.

As far as the theory goes, we'll just have to agree to disagree, but whatever the next game brings, Desmond or no Desmond, i'm sure we'll both enjoy it. :)
Sure. I just said I think it`s BS. you wanna continue believing it, go ahead

Megas_Doux
01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!

Lots of complicated theories explaining the red footprints in monteriggioni came up and....It was nothing!!!!!!
Many more from nov 2010 to even oct 2012 in regards of how lucy could be alive..........She remained dead!!!!!!!
I am sure that the same will occur with Desmond being alive. The rest???? I will leave it up to you........