PDA

View Full Version : Online performance 1 to 10

BigUrn
01-08-2013, 09:48 PM
If you had to rate the online performance of AC3 from a scale of 1 to 10 ( 10 being highest 1 being the lowest) what would you rate it? For this purpose the online performance of the game is based on technical aspects such as lag stability and overall network integrity not abilities and or the use of them. Please include a short description explaining your rating if you wish. Thank you

DEADLYxASSAS51N
01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
to be honest... 3 our of 10... I really hope they will fix it one day... I don't even count how many times ACR and AC3 multiplayer froze my xbox, and the lag is sometimes really bad... And I didn't even mention all the glitches, the "limited mode" bug,etc...

pablo2977
01-08-2013, 09:56 PM

BigUrn
01-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I too would give it a 3/10 as well. As it stands right now all the combined factors ( the lag, freezing, limited mode ect) is just getting to be more of a game breaker than just a annoyance. The fact nothing is being done about it though may take the 3 down to a 1 before to long.

true_gamer316
01-08-2013, 10:04 PM
depends for me, sometimes I give it an 8 others like a 2. It's really inconsistent for me. It kinda has a mind of it's own when it wants to lag me hard.

CerealAssassin
01-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Right now its about 3/10

BigUrn
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
The reason I made this thread was not to start another complaint thread but to get a better estimate of what's going on throughout the community. I myself often wonder if it's just me and small percentage of people suffering problems or a larger chunck having the same problems. If the percentage is quite large than maybe it will be fixed but if it's just a small isolated problem than nothing will probably ever be done

ThaFazz
01-09-2013, 12:27 AM
On average 4/10. On a really, REALLY good day 6/10. It's pretty sad actually.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 12:31 AM
4 / 10 at the most . Stability is a joke , i'm only on a 10mb connection , but the online is just too hit & miss.

in most games - mine & everyone elses NAT indicator is like a Traffic light ..........Green , amber , red , Green .....................

Rankiz93
01-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Very good 9. I live in Europe, maybe I don't get matched up against players across the pond? Never experienced lag and disconnected maybe 1 or 2 times in total.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Very good 9. I live in Europe, maybe I don't get matched up against players across the pond? Never experienced lag and disconnected maybe 1 or 2 times in total.

How long you been playing this ??

SquirrelInDaSky
01-09-2013, 01:12 AM
on xbox 1/10 (invisible players, no games, cant connect to friends)
on pc 10/10 (static ip fixes everything, 0 lags, find games in no time)

Carbiner
01-09-2013, 01:28 AM
7 or so, think ACB was slightly better lagwise and ACR was slightly worse; of course ACB had 10 minutes between matches so I'll tolerate a mild increase in lag. The way the game works it is next to impossible for lag not to cause at least some issues so my tolerance for lag is higher than in your average game.

Face.Ache
01-09-2013, 01:41 AM
9. I never experience any lag, sometimes I get disconnected but that rarely happens.

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 02:13 AM
To bad a static ip won't fix it on psn. Someone told me once the closer you are to ubis servers the better experience you will have..any truth to this?

montagemik
01-09-2013, 02:30 AM
To bad a static ip won't fix it on psn. Someone told me once the closer you are to ubis servers the better experience you will have..any truth to this?

I've more than doubled my internet connection speed & gone from wi-fi to wired , from broadband to fibre optic broadband since the days of AC-B & AC-R .............If anything disconnects / freezing / Lag is worse in AC-3 than AC-B ever was .

The bigger the playerbase - the worse the online stability seems to get.

I've heard if you're on wi-fi in the ubisoft headquarters you get flawless connection - Could just be an urban myth mind you .

DeanOMiite
01-09-2013, 02:45 AM
I give it a 6. I don't get as much lag in it as I did in ACR, not even close. And actually usually I don't have a lot of lag at all, which is great when you consider how we often play against people who are overseas. But when the lag is bad, it's REAL bad, so...it's almost there but not quite.

Quirky Jezza
01-09-2013, 03:09 AM

dogtobycars
01-09-2013, 03:14 AM
7/10
The lag seems to handle me well, but for some reason the bar always says orange, with that being said I thought I would get disconected from games very often considering all the talk I hear. But in reality I only really suffer from horrible lag once every 2 weeks or so and I don't get disconected very often either. Although it can be very unpredictable considering one day I disconected 3 times and one week I never had a problem.

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Yeah I don't understand those bars one bit I mean how fast of a connection do you need to get green bars lol? I have 30Mbps/3Mbps and if that ain't up to ubis standards that's just to **** bad.

StUbbZ24
01-09-2013, 03:24 AM
9/10
I don't really have much issues at all when it comes to lag, and any bugs that I do happen to come across don't bother me much.

Moonfoxz
01-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Hmm.. 4/10 takes longer than it should to find games and I get laggy match ups every now and then. Getting disconnections quite randomly too. I honestly do not know why I still play this. Guess It's just me hoping it will improve but nothing looks that way since release.

Lethalla
01-09-2013, 03:38 AM
Lag is frustrating but since I haven't played any other MP before ACB I can't really rate AC3 or any other AC MP against anything else. It seems to be about on par with Halo 4 and Uncharted 3 MPs, from what my son has said, though.

dogtobycars
01-09-2013, 03:48 AM
From what I'm reading people's experiences really vary. Some have great connection, play time, etc. While others can't seem to make a break.

avi0013
01-09-2013, 04:25 AM
No higher than 3. Plenty of lag, kills that "disappear" due to said lag, and of course, the magical disappearing ladder points. I'm rather frustrated.

ACB and ACR had much better online performance.

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Well it does seem that more than just a few are experiencing bad online quality so ubi really should pay attention to threads like these and at least acknowledge the problem. I still haven't seen a answer to the whole the closer you are to the ubi servers the better your online quality will be and for that matter where are their servers even located? I know AC3 was made in canada so Iam guessing maybe somewhere around there. The thing that bothers me is I never see any devs or anything on here addressing problems or anything. Take dcuo when a major or sometimes minor problem occurs the devs actually respond on the forums at least giving people some kind of information it just seems they do not care.

WyvernKnight27
01-09-2013, 07:08 AM
6/10. Recently things have been a bit choppy but overall it's pretty smooth. Random D/Cs after games sometimes occur.

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 07:50 AM
That limited mode is making me mad to because it deletes all my **** character customizations. At this point Iam not buying the dlc unless they start trying to fix crap.

Demon.King.
01-09-2013, 10:31 AM
3/10 from me

with the game ,every time I try to play in a group, constantly getting stuck in leader selection or kicking someone or everyone, or failing to find a match of the selected type and force us into another mode without consent...or the game freezing/hanging/getting stuck anywhere in the menu or at end match, forcing me to force close the game, losing all xp and Abstergo Ladder points.

The game has got stuck/froze/hanged/crashed more times in a month than ACR did in a year...that should speak for itself...

And the bugs...just ridiculous...the list is so long I don't even remember them...like the contract loss after killing a target in AA, or someone not becoming a target in domination and can't capture territories, then all of a sudden he gets a contract and the enemy team suddenly has instant domination because the areas he couldn't capture had now been captured by him automatically...the camera freaking out in DM after a kill, bodyguard not working half the time, 3 turns Manhunt, target shooting their pursuer...etc...

Basically, take most of the bugs in ACR, remove a few, then take the remaining bugs, see how much larger of an issue they are with the new system, and add the new bugs that where added by the new game mechanics...you have more than double the amount of bugs ACR had...

Also, people seem to have the misconception that AC3 MP has a new game engine, this is completely FALSE. Only the SP has a new game engine, the MP has a completely recycled ACR engine, with most of its bugs and more...

About lag, I do experience lag quite often, not extreme lag, but it happens quite often that kills or stuns fail because of lag, or someone getting 2 consecutive stuns because one of the pursuers couldn't kill him while or after he was stunning the first one.
Most extreme laggy matches happen due to Russian players...hell, one player who had reached the top 10 in AL on PC had so much lag that you could basically never kill her unless you lock on and start mashing kill button from miles away.

As for disconnects, I rarely get disconnected, it does happen occasionally but not too often.

As it stands, buying AC4 does not even cross my mind at this point. Seeing that Ubisoft are completely ignoring serious bugs, and "fixing" bugs which no one knows existed, I can't in any sanity buy another Ubisoft game...

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I to think it might be time to just move on from this franchise. I believe the way ubi sees it AC is a single player game first and a multiplayer game second. People buy the games for the story and the multiplayer is just a nice little addon that I think they care little about. Some games seem to be completely built around multiplayer this franchise however seems to be all about single player which is probably why they won't spend money on things like dedicated servers and fixing bugs. I have never had a problem with the story mode but multiplayer is alot of fun and I think alot of people like it more than story mode which saddens me that we believe more in the multiplayer than ubisoft does

cjdavies
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
7/10 - no problem with lag/bugs but the contract system.

KazikZOstrody
01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
3/10 - sory to say that because the concept of AC MP is really great compering other games - but implementation ... no comment.
On xbox it is only game I played ever which hangs up minimum one time per week.

PantherophisG
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM

I'm pretty sure this is a myth. If anyone cares to really look at the ports being used for AC3, they are the same ports being used for PSN/XBL. I don't think proximity to the Ubiservers matters as much as proximity to other players in terms of lag.

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I think your right. I even put my ps3 in DMZ static ip no change at all. I think the bars ( green orange red) are like you mentioned a group thing based not on your individual connection but as a whole. I know the bars are a crock cause get this I know you can't name and shame on this forum( I don't believe this even applies here) there is a player I have known and played against since ACB many of you probably remember the name ( I think it was jet something lol) anyway this dude has always lagged so bad in every game but yet in AC3 it says he has a green bar. I almost fell of my seat when I saw that.

lawliet250
01-09-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KipksTrC3zk

BigUrn
01-09-2013, 10:16 PM
What exactly is the point of that video?

dogtobycars
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
I have no idea. It kinda looked like a noob lobby to me though. seeing as how she had 16k at 3 mins left and she was simply running upto them pulling some simple things like that. Or maybe she was OSB stun and poison combo. Dunno

SSDoomtrooper94
01-10-2013, 01:30 AM
I have no idea what these sad sacks are even doing... a 3? 4? I give it a 9 every day, I'm 2nd Prestige with absolutely NO complaints, spend my free time playing this.

OmegaRomik
01-10-2013, 01:38 AM
FROM THE USA!!!! 9/10! there are some pop ups of network problems when killing or stunning a certain guy or once the whole match on everyone. But also a note ( this is how the game was made prob not lag)This one time a guy with a mic (this explains my pistol problem) that i was sure that i aimed at him for 3 seconds but for him he just heard the warning sound.

MissTigerJojo
01-10-2013, 01:44 AM
6/10.

Lag, bugs, glitches + poor match making system

lawliet250
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
the video just showed what happens in asa when everybody has green nat.the lock is processing slow,and you wouldve think green nat is the best and in other modes the game lags and you are receiving msgs with network cnction problems if most players in the lobby have green nat

ps.: cant you guys even read a title? he clearly mentioned on the title what that video was all about LOl

Ultima Powers 7
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Really? Maybe like Rankiz93 said, it might be a N. America thing as my connection in Europe (played on 3 different internet connections in UK) and all have been at least an 8 or 9. I mean, that is compared to the horrendous lag of Bro'ho and Rev. Don't get me wrong, I've had the occasional issue but it feels more reliable and functional than the previous games.

Emvidasch
01-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Depends on how many people are using the internet in the dorm. If it's a few, I'd say an 8/10. If there's a lot of people using it, it's a 4 or 5. Internet connections in my country are great, just very expensive and most of them with some stupid limits.

SinError
01-10-2013, 05:56 PM
3/10
The online is extremely poor, the lag is worst than ACR and ACB. frequent connection loss and I'm playing with 20mb connection that I only use to play on the PS3, not extra netwroks.

BigUrn
01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Same here I got 30Mbps/3Mbps no network or anything a 0 packet loss ping was like 40ms or so last time I checked no excuse for this. My online experience got worse after that stupid patch was released. Tried playing some manhunt got dc a few times then my game froze and said f it. As for the not reading the title comment I did read it on my playstation it said "That glorious moment when your game..." the title was cut off so that's all I saw. I hate p2p gaming it don't really make sense to me why they use it maybe it's just really cheap or something. I think I have found out why the online sucks so bad... because ubi don't care much about the multi. I think for them it's strictly a Story mode game. They spend probably all of the budget on the story. It appears we like the multi more than they do

bolz87
01-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Mmhmh 4-5/10 i think, too many problems for me

guitargod33
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
A solid 2. About once every two weeks, I'll get a game or two that I have NO problems and destroy the competition (which likely means everyone else is getting screwed by lag), but the rest of the time...yo-yo kills. Incredible teleporting/invisible people (no, I'm not talking about the abilities). Slide kills. Ninja dodges. Abilities failing to deploy. Performing ground finishes in the defensive round of manhunt. Having my teammate get killed, in our own circle, by the person carrying our artifact. Being shot/knifed through walls. Watching knives pass right through the player you're throwing them at, no effect at all. Disconnects. Can't join sessions that only are half full. Limited mode. Ridiculous uplay pass validation times.

Stability? Reliability? Puh-lease.

Anykeyer
01-10-2013, 08:39 PM
I feel like I need to give it 2 rates
Compared to other players: 9
Compared to other games: 2

Collinwood01
01-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Like Lethalla said, I dont really have any other online games to compare to but I can, Like GuitarGod said, compare from session to session. I might have 2 games a week where everything works but that must mean that Im lagging on my opponents screen, I think. Ill give it a rating of 2. I play as little as possible now. Its just more aggravating than fun.

montagemik
01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I Almost guarantee NOBODY has any connection problem in the FEW minutes it would take to BUY ERUDITO credits from UBI for Cash .
Never bought Any - But i feel confident that element of online is probably FLAWLESS .