PDA

View Full Version : Battle Hardened DLC

P3rf3ctNBetw33n
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Featuring 3 new maps and 3 new characters.
Great and all, something new, fresh. The downside, however, is that it appears to be unavailable for Season Pass holders.
Myself and my friends have been trying both discs (as we play on Xbox), checking the Additional Content menu every time, to absolutely no avail. I was wondering if any one else has access to the free download with their Season Pass, or are having the same problems as we are. Cheers :D

NOTE: Charlotte Dubois (Twitter: @Noctalya) has been notified of this issue, also)

BLineDesigns
01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
It appears to be the same for Playstation users as well. Season Pass holders across all consoles are being denied access. We've all essentially paid Ubisoft for the privilege of being sloppy seconds.

Murd3r Claws
01-08-2013, 02:21 PM
its almost like anyone with a SP is a PC player now...ubisoft says FUDGE PC

Quirky Jezza
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Well they know but since when do they take action?

Bline PS3 get it tomorrow

BLineDesigns
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
At this point the community should be collaborating to create an extensive, researched list of all the crap Ubisoft has put us through so we can deliver it to an editor at any one of the gaming news sources on a silver platter. It's about the only thing we could possibly do to force Ubisoft to sit up and take notice of how upset their own customer base is. Bad PR is really the only way to force companies like Ubisoft to respond to blatant customer abuse and piss poor decisions.

Quirky Jezza
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Haha Im up for that ^

sharkdrutt
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
At this point the community should be collaborating to create an extensive, researched list of all the crap Ubisoft has put us through so we can deliver it to an editor at any one of the gaming news sources on a silver platter. It's about the only thing we could possibly do to force Ubisoft to sit up and take notice of how upset their own customer base is. Bad PR is really the only way to force companies like Ubisoft to respond to blatant customer abuse and piss poor decisions.

Now you feel how we PC players feel...(No patch, no champion packs, no loyalty unlock, no DLC)

I hope you console players will win this conflict between customers and ubisoft...Maybe you have more impact than us simple PC mortals :(.

DeanOMiite
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm experiencing this same issue. But before everybody starts flipping out on Ubi, this is actually Microsoft's issue. I had the season pass for Gears of War 3 and this same exact thing happened when DLC for that game started coming out. I forget exactly what it was, but I remember it was Microsoft who dropped the ball, not Epic. So it's the same thing here I'm sure.

Still f*ckin stupid though. I paid for the privilege of getting this content at a discount, so give me the eff-ing content! So frustrating...

BLineDesigns
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I've been here since the Brotherhood beta and watched Ubisoft make the most god-awful decisions. They completely ruined Brotherhood after the infamous spring patch and refused to fix it, letting it die completely in favor of focusing on Revelations. Once Revelations came out, they decided willingly to split the playerbase AGAIN with another ill-implimented DLC map pack, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Anyone without so much as a business degree can see the horrible, misguided and borderline abusive actions they've taken with the Assassin's Creed multiplayer.

The most frustrating part of all of this is that Brotherhood started out as a BRILLIANT new multiplayer experience, and all Ubisoft has done since then is drive it further into the ground with poor decisions, bad marketing and even worse customer relations.

CobwebbyFir
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
i can't find it in both disks ?????????

DeanOMiite
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM
I've been here since the Brotherhood beta and watched Ubisoft make the most god-awful decisions. They completely ruined Brotherhood after the infamous spring patch and refused to fix it, letting it die completely in favor of focusing on Revelations. Once Revelations came out, they decided willingly to split the playerbase AGAIN with another ill-implimented DLC map pack, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Anyone without so much as a business degree can see the horrible, misguided and borderline abusive actions they've taken with the Assassin's Creed multiplayer.

The most frustrating part of all of this is that Brotherhood started out as a BRILLIANT new multiplayer experience, and all Ubisoft has done since then is drive it further into the ground with poor decisions, bad marketing and even worse customer relations.

I tend to be kind of an apologist but you're right, ACB updates were like the single biggest screw up I've ever seen a company make. The fact that you had to SELECT WHICH DLC you wanted to play (meaning you couldn't get matched up with people playing with the other DLC) was so beyond foolish I don't even know how to describe it. And the spring update that basically killed chest capture was such a needless nail-in-the-coffin thing. It really went straight downhill once they started releasing updates and they certainly haven't gotten much better at it.

But...as far as THIS stupidity with the season pass goes...this is on Microsoft, not UBI.

BLineDesigns
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I tend to be kind of an apologist but you're right, ACB updates were like the single biggest screw up I've ever seen a company make. The fact that you had to SELECT WHICH DLC you wanted to play (meaning you couldn't get matched up with people playing with the other DLC) was so beyond foolish I don't even know how to describe it. And the spring update that basically killed chest capture was such a needless nail-in-the-coffin thing. It really went straight downhill once they started releasing updates and they certainly haven't gotten much better at it.

But...as far as THIS stupidity with the season pass goes...this is on Microsoft, not UBI.

I'm on PS3 not Xbox, and we're suffering the same issues as you guys, not to mention the poor PC players. It isn't just Microsoft here, Ubisoft has some pretty massive issues with logistics. Either that or they literally just do not care about their customers AT ALL. Probably a bit of both.

Quirky Jezza
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Ubinoobs forgot to add it for us :/

montagemik
01-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Nahhhhh UBISOFT HAVE ADDED IT TO THE SERVERS - You just have to wait 24-48 hours for the LAG to catch up , that's all.

DeanOMiite
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm on PS3 not Xbox, and we're suffering the same issues as you guys, not to mention the poor PC players. It isn't just Microsoft here, Ubisoft has some pretty massive issues with logistics. Either that or they literally just do not care about their customers AT ALL. Probably a bit of both.

hmmm...that's...actually a pretty good point. I mean, I certainly don't mean to take all the blame off of Ubi, they certainly deserve some BUT...I guess I'm so conditioned by these forums to know that pretty much everything that happens, no matter what it is, aside from just simply re-releasing ACB, people will say that "Ubi has just done the worst thing to its customers that any company ever has, ever" so I'm quick to point out that there are other things at play. And I do remember this happening with Gears of War 3, and at that time it was an issue where Microsoft had dropped the ball so I'm assuming it's the same thing now...except whoever runs PSN (Sony?) is probably also dropping the ball...but if both of those companies have screwed up then it's probably safe to say that part of that comes back to Ubi.

CR4CKnH34Dz
01-08-2013, 03:49 PM
The hidden secrets pack didnt take 24 to 48 hrs. I bet they want to release it at the same time on xbox as they do on playstation. and since dlc packs release in the playstation market on wednesdays, they are making xbox users wait too. even though it can be downloaded on the xbox dashboard now, for 800 ms points.

Murd3r Claws
01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
The current time as I write this sentence is 9:43 a.m. EST....at exactly 5 this morning I checked the XBL Marketplace and saw that the Battle Hardened DLC was there, available for purchase for 800 MS pts. Now I am curious as to why, 4 hours and 46 minutes later, the creators of the game have yet to release it for anyone with a Season Pass. I am also curious as to why I could not get this DLC a week ago. How about some answers for the clearly loyal customers you have. I no longer consider myself one. First week of release hardly anyone could play the MP. We are sick of this and I will not be getting the next AC game.

Murd3r Claws
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
It is currently 9:58. I am checking every half hour for an update. If we don't get it today I am sure a class-action lawsuit will be filed. The false advertisement is ridiculous.

Just Krispy
01-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I have a season pass and no DLC either

Just Krispy
01-08-2013, 04:04 PM
OK this is totally ridiculous. ts available for purchase on XBL marketplace but not an option in the game Extra content. It even says I have purchased and installed the Season Pass.

Just Krispy
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
The release date was today so it SHOULD be available on the XBL marketplace...my issue is I have a season pass so I should be able to down load it free from the In game menu for free..its not available.

P3rf3ctNBetw33n
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I have already made a thread for this topic and discussed this with Noctalya. Something is being done about it. I just hope it isn't too late (particularly as it's now 2:07am for me, 9th January)

P3rf3ctNBetw33n
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
The release date was today so it SHOULD be available on the XBL marketplace...my issue is I have a season pass so I should be able to down load it free from the In game menu for free..its not available.

It's not available for ANYONE with a Season Pass across ALL PLATFORMS... so PS3 and 360 because Ubi hates PC players and... lol, WiiU

Murd3r Claws
Yep. What I don't get is they update for Champion Packs and events etc. from Midnight to about 7 in the morning. I am growing weary of checking my Single Player disc every half hour. Despite the fact there is a Sticky about the DLC, no news in regards to when it will be available for Season Pass holders has been released.

TheNewdist
Chill out man. It's not the end of the world. We did get the dlc for the hidden pack a week early. They never promised that every single dlc would be a full week early. Ac is still a great franchise, although their matchmaking is terrible

guitargod33
01-08-2013, 04:10 PM
These days I liken Ubisoft to the DMV. They don't do the stupid crap they do because they CAN'T get it right. I believe they actually ENJOY watching people squirm.

Murd3r Claws
01-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Also if you look into it the Season Pass can be a total rip-off. Each DLC is 800 apiece right? That is 4000 Microsoft Points. But if you wait until Xbox Live Marketplace has the discount days, which cuts the prices in half, you spent 5 dollars more on the Season Pass. It was 30 dollars. On discount days you only have to spend about 25.

TheNewdist
01-08-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm also figuring out that this is a Microsoft problem and not ubi's.

Just Krispy
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
This is such crap.....I want my money back.

Murd3r Claws
01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Um how is this Microsoft's problem? They have released the DLC. Ubisoft has not. They have to update their servers, not Microsoft.

CR4CKnH34Dz
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I stand corrected. Its up now. You may have to re-launch the game to see it

Just Krispy
01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Um how is this Microsoft's problem? They have released the DLC. Ubisoft has not. They have to update their servers, not Microsoft.

Thats right..its not Microsoft's fault....Ubisoft needs to get their act together

montagemik
01-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I stand corrected. Its up now. You may have to re-launch the game to see it

There you go - tantrum & panic over ..............enjoy .

Like i said - it's added to the Ubisoft servers - you just have to allow for the LAG .

DeanOMiite
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
the whole thing really is stupid, no matter whose fault it is. I've never had any luck with season passes honestly. I mentioned a couple times already that I had it for GoW3 and...while the content was worth it (Epic is actually AWESOME when it comes to DLC), SP holders actually had to wait like two days in one instance before getting the content.

SweetBlackMagic
01-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I still don't see it...which disc did you use to download it? Single or Multi?

** EDIT **

It's on the Mulitplayer Disc under "Extra Content" at the bottom.

** EDIT #2 **

Can see it, but it has read "Pending" as a download for over 15 minutes now. Awesome, Ubi!

montagemik
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
TOP MOVE UBI - Releasing to everyone on diff days on the same format across the globe - You've begun splitting the playerbase up already , Thanks so much .

Any chance you could see your way to screwing up the King george DLC release in some way too, I'd hate it if that release went smoothly for everyone - I Hate change.

we all know it's possible to have sony & microsoft add content to their stores / servers before the usual weekly update schedule - If devs bother to ask or push for it.
We don't have to wait for set days of the week for patch updates on most games do we ?
Guess ubi couldn't be bothered .

Ubi-Cali
01-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Guys,

For those of you who are playing on Xbox and hold Season Passes, if you can't access the DLC, please answer this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/745764-The-Battle-Hardened-Pack-for-AC3-Multiplayer-Emerges?p=8858311&viewfull=1#post8858311. This way we can keep feedback better organized and work on a resolution quicker.

(Please note we merged several threads about the same issue to keep everybody updated.)

SweetBlackMagic
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
It's available now on the MP disc under "Extra Content" at the bottom. However, my download has been "pending" for almost 30 minutes now without starting. Awesome!

ShardofTruth
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
It's hard to believe that they pulled this stunt a second time, Ubisoft never ceases to surprise me.

Bloodredtyrant
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
So, I'm trying my darnest to get into the multiplayer, just to find that I'm stuck in Limited mode. WTF Ubisoft, I was just playing! I saw a guy playing as the Coyote man, so I quickly quit and tried to find the DLC. I went to 1st disc and back, just to be stuck out of multiplayer mode altogether. I have work in less than two hours, I wanna get some game-time in!

montagemik
01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
It's hard to believe that they pulled this stunt a second time, Ubisoft never ceases to surprise me.

No it isn't - If you're honest you expected it

TERMIN4TOR1000
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
OMG what a bunch of whiners, each and every one of you

montagemik
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
OMG what a bunch of whiners, each and every one of you

Are you agreeing or complaining ?? :rolleyes: too much irony in your diet is bad for you .

TERMIN4TOR1000
01-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Are you agreeing or complaining ?? :rolleyes: too much irony in your diet is bad for you .
neither. I just accept it as it is, cause any of my or ur whining is gonna change anything. But you for some reason hope ur whining and crying will make it better. It wont, havent you learned on ACB ad ACR? But i guess whiners stay whiners lol

montagemik
01-09-2013, 12:22 AM
neither. I just accept it as it is, cause any of my or ur whining is gonna change anything. But you for some reason hope ur whining and crying will make it better. It wont, havent you learned on ACB ad ACR? But i guess whiners stay whiners lol

Care to show me the post where i say i'm downloading or using this crap ??

More irony - you've p*ssed, moaned & complained at any complaint on this subject in multiple threads - TOP MOVE. & way to confirm your own statement.