PDA

View Full Version : Simple Deathmatch missing weathers, NY Brewery and night maps?

Localist2012
01-08-2013, 12:48 AM
How come all other modes have the above yet simple deathmatch does not?

I've noticed it a while ago, but never bothered making a thread until now.

Also, you can play NY Brewery on simple deathmatch via private. How random.

DudeTD388
01-08-2013, 01:57 AM
Also, you can play NY Brewery on simple deathmatch via private. How random.

This...so much this.

I would love SDM on this map as its my absolute favourite for DM and the I feel to be the most balanced as there is no pefect spot and few roofing spots.

true_gamer316
01-08-2013, 02:14 AM
the real problem: You are playing deathmatch.

actually no you are playing simple deathmatch, which is even more broken, and terrible.

oh you deathmatch, the worst idea besides nearly everything in ACR.

DudeTD388
01-08-2013, 02:54 AM
the real problem: You are playing deathmatch.

actually no you are playing simple deathmatch, which is even more broken, and terrible.

oh you deathmatch, the worst idea besides nearly everything in ACR.

Worst gamemode? Hardly.

Most balanced with experienced players? Not as much.

What makes fun (for me at least) is the smaller map sizes, means less time traveling to your targets area and also the lack of a compass. Without a compass its a bit easier to lose yor pursuers as the LoS indicators doesn't show general location.

As I said before it does have some glaring flaws when you watch smart players play it (those that know how to abuse those flaws). You can also learn how to counter those players a bit more simply because just running away doesn't always work. A player is less likely to run away because usually their own target is in their LoS in DM (unlike in Wanted for example where I can run to the other side of the map away from my target and just worry about my pursuers).

It's a bit worse in SDM simply because of the ability to abuse roofs a bit more (lack of abilities means MUCH better flanking skills are needed)...but this is where I miss SDM New York Brewery. It simply just the best possible DM map:

No true roof (there is 2 floors yes...but easier to intercept those above/below you)
One of the smallest DM maps means your almost always in LoS
(opinion) it seems like more NPCs populate this map than usual
Almost every square inch of map can be approached by a moving blend group with giving yourself away early
numerous ways to flank a fleeing target
EXTREMELY easy to get a grab
etc.

However everything above is just opinion...not fact obviously (to each their own)

true_gamer316
01-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Worst gamemode? Hardly.

Most balanced with experienced players? Not as much.

What makes fun (for me at least) is the smaller map sizes, means less time traveling to your targets area and also the lack of a compass. Without a compass its a bit easier to lose yor pursuers as the LoS indicators doesn't show general location.

As I said before it does have some glaring flaws when you watch smart players play it (those that know how to abuse those flaws). You can also learn how to counter those players a bit more simply because just running away doesn't always work. A player is less likely to run away because usually their own target is in their LoS in DM (unlike in Wanted for example where I can run to the other side of the map away from my target and just worry about my pursuers).

It's a bit worse in SDM simply because of the ability to abuse roofs a bit more (lack of abilities means MUCH better flanking skills are needed)...but this is where I miss SDM New York Brewery. It simply just the best possible DM map:

No true roof (there is 2 floors yes...but easier to intercept those above/below you)
One of the smallest DM maps means your almost always in LoS
(opinion) it seems like more NPCs populate this map than usual
Almost every square inch of map can be approached by a moving blend group with giving yourself away early
numerous ways to flank a fleeing target
EXTREMELY easy to get a grab
etc.

However everything above is just opinion...not fact obviously (to each their own)

my statement was more sarcastic, but I do find deathmatch ******ed.

personally though, running takes a lot of skill in this game and I believe making a mode that restricts that isn't right.

further more if you are ignoring your targets in wanted, you have failed at wanted.

my second wanted game on AC3 I got 9k by actively hunting, also no defense because of default sets. Except knives of course.

so I enjoy running, it takes a lot of talent, and can be very effective if done right, You can see why dm ain't my thing lol.

DM i find too restrictive, and abusable in so many ways. hell you can just abuse moving bend groups the whole game (a bit of a little known secret a friend of mine discovered in ACB and remained true in all AC games) essentially it's a little knowledge a moving blend group ALWAYS heads in the direction to your target, hence why when you lose your target, or have none the blend group your in sometimes freaks the hell out.

and I hate maps that restrict running, most of them anyways fort wollcot on assassinate is fantastic in my opinion but whatever lol.

but I do like your respectable response, even if I wasn't being fully serious with that post.

but ACR was god **** terrible, don't even get me started on my rant on that.

DudeTD388
01-08-2013, 03:57 AM
my statement was more sarcastic, but I do find deathmatch ******ed.

personally though, running takes a lot of skill in this game and I believe making a mode that restricts that isn't right.

further more if you are ignoring your targets in wanted, you have failed at wanted.

my second wanted game on AC3 I got 9k by actively hunting, also no defense because of default sets. Except knives of course.

so I enjoy running, it takes a lot of talent, and can be very effective if done right, You can see why dm ain't my thing lol.

DM i find too restrictive, and abusable in so many ways. hell you can just abuse moving bend groups the whole game (a bit of a little known secret a friend of mine discovered in ACB and remained true in all AC games) essentially it's a little knowledge a moving blend group ALWAYS heads in the direction to your target, hence why when you lose your target, or have none the blend group your in sometimes freaks the hell out.

and I hate maps that restrict running, most of them anyways fort wollcot on assassinate is fantastic in my opinion but whatever lol.

but I do like your respectable response, even if I wasn't being fully serious with that post.

but ACR was god **** terrible, don't even get me started on my rant on that.

Well I guess this is one of those times that two people just have to agree to disagree...except on AC:R, that much I feel your pain on ;)

swiftavenger212
01-08-2013, 04:33 AM
i play deathmatch when i dont feel like running around and just playing lazy...