PDA

View Full Version : saitek 'config file' ?

deanpesticcio
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi
Im having probs geting my Saitek AVAR-02 joystick to work with Ciffs of Dover, PC version.
Years ago I had IL2 and he joystick worked straight away,... that PC and joystick have long since expired.
Ive been into what I think is control settings and had a poke about but I dont really know what Im doing.
I have been advised to ask about for a 'config file' ?
Help anyone...

Don_X
01-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Check in Printers and Devices (W9n7), or Control Panel/ Joysticks. tocheck your device is recognised and R click for control panel to test. Also check that other devices (eg memory stick , mouse etc work from the same port)

deanpesticcio
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks. Made some progress. Cant suss how to get the main trigger/fire button working, its coming up as z axis and I cand find an option to change it.

Tully__
02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks. Made some progress. Cant suss how to get the main trigger/fire button working, its coming up as z axis and I cand find an option to change it.
Probably because you're moving the stick when you press the button. It can be fiddly at times to get the button to register first.

Bearcat99
02-28-2013, 04:45 PM
I really suggest that you use the profiling SW.. Given the stick doing it that way will work since there arent a boatload of options on it.. but from my experience the profiling SW is always your best bet. When you say stick config file.. do you mean the file from the Saitek SST SW or the file in the sim where the settings are stored? The sim settings are stored in the main IL2 folder --> Users/YOUR PILOT NAME/settings. The SST config file can be found by doing a search on your PC for Saitek SD6 Profiles