PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Throwing Knife As A Weapon

loinssss
01-06-2013, 04:44 AM
I think there should be a mod or something that takes out the throwing knife from the little mini-game and allows players to use them in-game to kill people. Its such a cool idea and it's something new that none of the others Far crys had. You would be able to control the power of how you throw it and aim of course. Im not sure if its a simple task to do but if you could do it, anyone please make a mod. Thanks for your cooperation and your time for reading my opinion.

~Lionssss

RAPXTOR
01-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Hi, we have good programmer here, I dont know if the Editor can handle that, but if he can, sure is a great idea, if not maybe Ubisoft are willing to do that.

medavroog
01-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Hi, we have good programmer here, I dont know if the Editor can handle that, but if he can, sure is a great idea, if not maybe Ubisoft are willing to do that.

How'bout a "modified shotgun" that blasts those "throwing knives" in sets of five per shot?...shall the "modified shotgun" be "gas-powered" or "air-powered"...it can be nearly silent.

RaZoRFINNISH
01-06-2013, 11:00 AM
How'bout a "modified shotgun" that blasts those "throwing knives" in sets of five per shot?...shall the "modified shotgun" be "gas-powered" or "air-powered"...it can be nearly silent.

Given the fact the arrows are actually physical projectiles, that is possible.

I ain't going to do it, though, as I've got some much higher priority stuff to work on.

medavroog
01-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Given the fact the arrows are actually physical projectiles, that is possible.

I ain't going to do it, though, as I've got some much higher priority stuff to work on.

Can you publish your mods on STEAM...the STEAM's Far Cry 3 modding community is...well, there isn't a modding community.

loinssss
01-06-2013, 06:28 PM
I dont think Ubi Would add it in. Though I didn't want it to come out of a shotgun I would rather it as you throwing it in your hand, that gives off a much cooler aspect of the idea.

medavroog
01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I dont think Ubi Would add it in. Though I didn't want it to come out of a shotgun I would rather it as you throwing it in your hand, that gives off a much cooler aspect of the idea.

I also believe the dev team is not likely to bother themselves with this, this is the reason of why I suggested a "shotgun version" because that would be easier for modders to make...maybe some modders will take-up this idea and make a mod...as for the dev team, we can hope for it...but not likely.