PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, are we going to eventually get the proper Ta performance?

dadada1
08-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Over the last couple of days I've been trying to acheive the Ta's maximum speed. Using the Crimea map the best I could get was a maximum speed I could get was 740kmh in level flight(not easy to do at this altitude), about 12kmh short of what it should be. I used 75% prop pitch for these runs because when I used auto pitch the limit (for me anyway) seemed to be about 712kmh. At the point I acheived 740kmh the engine started to splutter and it was about to become toast. This would be okay if you could get closer to the 752kmh limit but I just can't.

Also the high altitude manouvering and stall characteristics still appear to require just a little adjustment as the Spit is superior in this respect, which strikes me as odd. I realise that the Ta has improved from tha last patch but in the wrong (low altitude) area. Are we going to see changes one the 152C is introduced ?

dadada1
08-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Over the last couple of days I've been trying to acheive the Ta's maximum speed. Using the Crimea map the best I could get was a maximum speed I could get was 740kmh in level flight(not easy to do at this altitude), about 12kmh short of what it should be. I used 75% prop pitch for these runs because when I used auto pitch the limit (for me anyway) seemed to be about 712kmh. At the point I acheived 740kmh the engine started to splutter and it was about to become toast. This would be okay if you could get closer to the 752kmh limit but I just can't.

Also the high altitude manouvering and stall characteristics still appear to require just a little adjustment as the Spit is superior in this respect, which strikes me as odd. I realise that the Ta has improved from tha last patch but in the wrong (low altitude) area. Are we going to see changes one the 152C is introduced ?

robban75
08-21-2004, 07:59 AM
I agree, at low altitude it actually outclimbs the Fw 190D-9, with a full fuel load! The Ta 152 should at best be equal to the D-9 in climb at the lower level, and that is with similar weight. Right now the Ta 152 reaches almost 24m/sec when fully fueled.
It's also somewhat too fast at SL, but not by much.
At 10,000m it is easily defeated with a Spitfire MkIXc.

Here's a climb comparison.

Ta 152H

3000 - start timer
4000 - :44 - (22.7)
5000 - 1:33 - (20.4)
6000 - 2:31 - (17.2) Overheat warning
7000 - 3:43 - (13.9)
8000 - 5:48 - (13.3)
9000 - 6:22 - (11.9)
9800 - 8:01 - (8.1) engine toast after 5 minutes and 30 seconds from OH warning.

Spitfire MkIXc

3000 - start timer
4000 - :40 - (25)
5000 - 1:29 - (20.4)
6000 - 2:16 - (21.3)
7000 - 3:06 - (20)
8000 - 4:05 - (17)
9000 - 5:19 - (13.5)
10000 - 7:02 -(10.8)

(No overheat on the Spitfire)

Also, the overheating as it is modelled prevents it from reaching its topspeeds without damaging its engine. Although I'm able to reach 765km/h as low as 9500m. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

http://members.chello.se/unni/D-9.JPG

Oberleutnant Oskar-Walter Romm thoughts on his aircraft.

"I found the Fw 190D-9 to be greatly superior to those of my opponents. During dogfights at altitudes of between about 10,000 and 24,000ft, usual when meeting the Russians, I found that I could pull the D-9 into a tight turn and still retain my speed advantage. In the descent the Dora-9 picked up speed much more rapidly than the A type; in the dive it could leave the Russian Yak-3 and Yak-9 fighters standing."

VW-IceFire
08-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Excuse me for being a bit off the mark if I am...but 12 kph isn't a big deal when you are already at over 700 kph.

The maximum speed of any plane is achieved with alot of time spend flying in a very straight line attempting to achieve the maximum that the power of the engine and the design of the airframe can achieve.

Whats important to most people is combat speed.

Are there other elements of the Ta-152's performance that are off because this seems like a very very minor area to go after...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RAF No 92 Squadron
"Either fight or die"

NN_EnigmuS
08-21-2004, 09:39 AM
lol Ta152h should outclimb a spit at high altitude with ease it not

and don't forget this damn stall,this plane must turn with almost everything in reality but in this game the plane stall in turn at near 300km/h lol and with combat flap it porvide stall more quicly

http://www.nnavirex.com/public/enigmus.gif

dadada1
08-21-2004, 11:23 AM
No IceFire thats a fair enough point, but the maximum speed I've had from the Ta is acheivable only by toasting the engine. Whilst I understand what you're getting at, and agree with the statement about combat speed, would you feel the same if the coming Tempest V was say 7-8kmh slower than stated performance figures and that to acheive it's maximum speed your no longer had a functioning engine? Speed is the one asset the Ta has in spades, and also the one Ta fact w can be certain of, I did also mention it's altitude manouvering by the way.

VW-IceFire
08-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Now I understand your point. Right...you shouldn't have to toast the engine.

High altitude climb rates for the La-7, the Spitfire, and many other fighters are definately off. Its a problem thats not limited to just one or two types of aircraft. Something withn the physics isn't quite right at all.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RAF No 92 Squadron
"Either fight or die"

dadada1
08-21-2004, 01:38 PM
A review of AC performance across the board would be good and I think genuinely appreciated, particularly at higher altitudes. It may encourage people to fly their planes correctly. P 51, P47 should own the La 7 up high but I doubt that they do.

The Ta seems to be tailored to please those that fly in dogfight servers. It's SL speed is too good as stated by robban as well as it's climb. This makes me beleive it's a mix of the Ta 152C and the H-1 flight models.

All I really want to know is if this will change when the C-1 arrives, then people can choose to fly high or medium with the corresponding type advantages/disadvantages.