PDA

View Full Version : All high level games are based on prison ban tactic

sentorio
12-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Whenever I play for position under 200 in tournament other party is using prison ban tactic. Without proper counters it's really irritating and we don't have any proper counters.

Is there any fix coming for this, it's just stupid and boring.

hydramarine
12-29-2012, 10:26 AM
If you ask me, it is pretty lame there is no spell like Town Portal that also works on non-creatures. Lazy design? I dunno, I am sure we will get one of those in the next expansion.

It shouldnt be this hard to bounce non-creatures (ie. fortunes) in a card game. I mean you get nothing for bouncing Prison (no resources are refunded), but it would disasuade the fortune decks quite a lot.

keadlash
12-29-2012, 01:17 PM
You can come with us here. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/741146-Ban-prison

The prison deck actually is the big problem of the balance in the game, if you don't play prison you don't win.

FastPlayPlease
12-29-2012, 01:40 PM
You can come with us here. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/741146-Ban-prison

The prison deck actually is the big problem of the balance in the game, if you don't play prison you don't win.

play inferno, it can beat prison with his discards

Gobl1nlord
12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I may be just lucky but I didn't see a lot of prisons decks in the last days and I think the real problem is that u can get 100 resources in one turn. Just change crystal caverns that you can play only one per turn.

Thanisse
12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
I may be just lucky but I didn't see a lot of prisons decks in the last days and I think the real problem is that u can get 100 resources in one turn. Just change crystal caverns that you can play only one per turn.

another excelent idea :)
same would go for some other annoying cards

WalkingHawking
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Prison needs to be nerfed BADLY, stop looking for other solutions, that card is utterly stupid the way it is atm.
There's no counter and the worst thing is that there's no fun for any of the players, so... we, the players who like to have fun while playing, would like to get a fix asap.

zzfab2012
12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Stupid design
so boring

leonid1995927
12-31-2012, 05:02 AM
we, the players who like to have fun while playing, would like to get a fix asap.

Get off your high horse.

You don't know sh*t.

WalkingHawking
01-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Edit Aza: If you can't be polite, please do not participate in the conversation.
Thank you!
Aza

cucu99
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
cosmic realigment, inheritance, wastelands, pillage, wasteland, prison, week of taxes, garant's purge, maws of chaos, twist of fate, pit of hate against prison. Really no counter?
Day of fortune or and hero ability against tower of obilivion if you are locked.
Try to make a good counter deck it's not impossible.

Ipwnfour
01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
cosmic realigment, inheritance, wastelands, pillage, wasteland, prison, week of taxes, garant's purge, maws of chaos, twist of fate, pit of hate against prison. Really no counter?
Day of fortune or and hero ability against tower of obilivion if you are locked.
Try to make a good counter deck it's not impossible.

The point is not that it's hard to figure out how to build a counter deck against Prison/Throne/Tower. The point is that you need several counter cards in your deck in order to stand any chance (and it's still not guaranteed success, because these decks can win at turn 5-6 if they're lucky).

r3tsa
01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Don't waste your time writing about obvious things. ^^

WalkingHawking
01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
cosmic realignment = luck based, nothing guaranteed
pillage = can't be used with 0 mana
wastelands = can't be used with 0 mana
wastelands again = again can't be used with 0 mana
prison = are you serious?
week of taxes = now all the cards you've mentioned are more expensive xD
garant's purge, maws of chaos, twist of fate, pit of hate = inferno
And you obviously are recommending a Prison counter dedicated deck to win against Prison, so... nuff said ;)

P.S: Aza, is Leonid your brother? Cause he was the first one not being polite, and he is doing that in EVERY single thread and i didn't see you moderating him. You don't need to answer, thank you.

Keabard
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
You comment nearly all the cards considering that you already have 0 Mana. You could also consider the whole game with a Hero with an HP pool of 0, it would be the same, of course you'd lose every single game...

But the Throne/Prison thing takes some time (not much), to deploy, and that's when Sieg/Cass is stalling waiting for his/her combo to be deployed that you have to strike. He/She has 4 in Destiny and it's your turn to play ? Play your Wastelands with Fortune and gain one turn. He/She is stalling you with ~10 HP left waiting for his/her combo ? Finish him/her with your own Tower of Oblivion !

There ARE options, not much, and definitely not the ones everyone would want to play, but you can win relatively often against a Sieg/Cass OTK, considering you are playing some anti-meta cards.

Btw, trolling and being rude then whining at your CM by pointing someone else is SO childish... how old are you ?

r3tsa
01-04-2013, 06:08 PM
That's just more ways of tossing a coin against tossed coin of your opponent, when he tosses it again. -.-

WalkingHawking
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
@Keabard:
"Nearly all the cards" = 2? But, okay, i'll give you the answer you want.
Pillage = You depend on your opponent's mistakes.
Wastelands = Screwing a deck just to win ONE turn against that deck? .....

Trying to answer your other questions i'll tell you that i was "attacked" by that guy when i was trying to participate in the topic.
I know it seems so childish and i should just have kept the calm and ignore him, but why the hell do i have to let him insult me and stay quiet? And then my comment was removed? Moderating should work in both ways imo. Anyway, it's over, i've seen how this works already. I'm 28 btw.

C4r-n4ge
01-07-2013, 12:08 AM
WalkingHawking....

Leonid is our forum juju... I would be very carefull with starting a fight with him :p

leonid1995927
01-08-2013, 06:48 AM
WalkingHawking....

Leonid is our forum juju... I would be very carefull with starting a fight with him :p

Yar har har har.

;)

FirstAbacadabra
01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
Disgusting.