PDA

View Full Version : A game element that needs to get changed

Aleys.
12-28-2012, 08:01 AM
So I just played through the game and consider playing through it again. There is only one thing that really sets me off. It's the fact that you always start with the exact same character model, the bold guy that looks a little bit like Ben from TWD. I hate that. I don't want to be forced to kill myself just to play as someone else next time. I thought the whole concept was that the player feels connected to his character and I just love coming up with backgroundstories for my characters with the information that is provided. The order in which you play which survivor is also determined. I created a savefile in which I intentionally died around 15 times just to test if there is anything randomed except the proffesion, name and age. The character models are always given to the player in the same order. Was it so difficult to just random everything from the start? If I want to complete a game in survival mode I have to play it with that bald guy. Or at least give players the option to start a new game + after they already finished the game where they can now chose what character model they start with. I just don't see the point of applying that restriction and basically forcing players who want to play through the game again and now be a different person to kill themselves a couple of times till they can play someone they prefer. I am not arguing about that whole "random" thing, it doesn't need to be RPG style where you can chose. But why not actually make it random and give the player a random character model at the start.

SuitableWriter
12-28-2012, 02:40 PM
You should also be able to drop your starting pistol, as the silenced one is better.

Oh, also you should be able to COMPLETE THE GAME AS IT IS STILL BROKEN.

Aleys.
12-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Well completing the game was no issue for me. I never encountered any of the game breaking bugs but that might have to do with the fact that I only played 4 survivors in total, my first one died outside of a mission, my second one died intentionally because I didn't like to play him, the third one almost completed the game and accidently blew himself up with a mine that was placed by himself and the fourth one survived. I think most of the bugs are encountered when the player dies very often or during missions and at places where the developers oversaw that the player could potentially die here.