PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft I Don't Want Uplay Let me play my games in peace

DarthVirc
12-28-2012, 02:23 AM
Ubisoft I Don't Want Uplay, Let me play my games in peace. I spent $230 on a GTX 660 knowing that I would get AC3. now your taking it away from me I'm not Installing your **** software. You just made me not want to get FarCry 3 For the PC, Just because you Make me have Some ******** Uplay Bloatware.
I DON'T WANT UPLAY!
I JUST WANT TO PLAY!

Ecokrazy
12-28-2012, 03:28 AM
I bought the same card. It's great. Just install the bloatware and when you're done with the game uninstall. EZPZ

UbiHawk1ns
12-28-2012, 04:37 AM
I am sorry to hear you are having issues. Were you able to redeem the promo code and receive your game? If you need help getting it running I will be happy to see what I can do. The Uplay launcher has a friends list, achievement tracking, and rewards which I think all players can benefit from.

DisturbedJim83
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having issues. Were you able to redeem the promo code and receive your game? If you need help getting it running I will be happy to see what I can do. The Uplay launcher has a friends list, achievement tracking, and rewards which I think all players can benefit from.

Hawkins u just dont get it do you we dont care about friends lists or achievement tracking we are PC players those pointless things are for children with consoles and quite frankly the Rewards are not very good as I have them. The OP has a valid point he has paid for a game but in order to even play the game he has paid for he has to install your UPLAY software and he does not want it on his computer I will happily translate to some archaic language like FRENCH if your having trouble understanding plain and simple ENGLISH.and next time one of you high and mighty Support staff bothers to grace us with a response maybe you should actually read what the OP says then maybe you would be able to answer the actual point he made.

Sushiglutton
12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah Uplay is garbage. However not playing the game because of it is an overreaction, it's a pretty minor inconvenience.

kingshtcook
12-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Minor inconvenience or complete fail? Been trying to log into my account from the launcher all morning to activate anno 2070 on steam and guess what? The launcher just crashes the moment I hit "log in" SCREW UPLAY TRASH. IT IS DIGGING YOUR COMPANIES GRAVE FOR THE PC.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 02:58 PM
...and a message Failed to sychronize your achievements is stuck there forever.

anidais
12-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I also got the game for free. I was told the game activated on Steam but that's not true. It does not. I really wanted it on Steam even though Uplay is necessary. Haven't had any problems with Uplay yet. Anyway, I guess there is no way to activate my game on Steam?

Daravitas
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM
I agree, I have FC3 and am not interested in having more than the necessary software on my pc so uninstalling uplay and fc3

YazX_
02-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Are you kidding me?! UPlay is awesome.

P.S: Just kidding.

Ok seriously, UPlay has gone a long way, i agree it was crap but it got alot better, it groups all of your Ubi games, friends, achievements,... into one place, the idea is awesome, but the implementation is bad -getting better-, but seriously, you are overreacting, just activate the game once and set it to work offline and it will act like never existed.

So games like Driver SF use always online DRM, this is utter garbage and not related to UPlay, its just how the game is designed and you should stay away from these games if you dont want the hassle.

However, whether you like it or not, UPlay is made to stay, it will not be removed now nor anytime soon, all Ubisoft games depend on it as its the main game launcher, updater and syncronizer , and they wont just dump it that easily especially all PC users are pirates.

AntiChrist7
02-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Lol registered in 2009, and two posts.

Grow some balls, uplay is just like steam, stop whining about it. If you want real crap try Origin from EA

spectatorx
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Personally i do not like any of services of digital distribution and their software, i do not like digital distribution at all.

@AntiChrist7, i wouldn't agree with you, origin is pretty nice software, uplay is sucky thing. With uplay you can not insert your digital code, if you download the game via uplay it may not include your language even if game is available in your language, copy/paste in chat sucks, links in uplay chat are inactive, sending/receiving may not work because of various reasons. With origin everything what i listed in here works flawlessly. The only positive of uplay is cloud storage of savegames.

Ferrith
02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh, please. I don't want to hear anything about EAtards and their Origin CRAP!

Uplay has problems, let's admit it. Like recently, after the latest patch, and while trying to access AC:II single player last Tuesday, I was asked to go online. WHY? I wanted to play offline, but NO! The bloody thing wouldn't let me. Guess what? Because there was a problem with my ISP server I had to stay without an internet connection for two days, and in the meantime I couldn't access any AC single-player game either. That's shameful, Ubisoft! Shameful!

andreja110s
02-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Thatīs why I like James Cameronīs Avatar: The game- no f***ing UPlay! Where is the point in having it, if it doesnīt work? Sometimes I open it in game to see if any of my friends is online, and guess what? The background just got darker, nothing else. The chat sistem? Itīs s***, sometimes I donīt get the messages while playing the game( thank god Ubisoft ˝fixed˝ the problem while playing AC MP, but it still doesnīt work properly).

L_Alejo
02-07-2013, 09:03 PM
So games like Driver SF use always online DRM, this is utter garbage and not related to UPlay, its just how the game is designed and you should stay away from these games if you dont want the hassle.

It doesn't, actually, Uplay titles were the only games I could play whenever my internet went down and I didn't close Steam propperly (That's been fixed, but still, Uplay and Indie titles were the only working ones back when that happened) and even now, whenever there's no internet, I just launch my Uplay games, and it sets itself to Offline automaticly.

The thing about Uplay is that when it works, it works pretty good, when it doesn't work, it screws legit users all over the place.

Daravitas
02-07-2013, 10:48 PM
The problem I face is that although my laptop is an i7 it is a 2 year old gen 1 i7 and when trying to play what would have to be the slowest game for DX11 ever I want ALL other applications closed otherwise the jittery moments are intolerable, not sure how I will approach multi player but I think I have to accept that to play FC3 I will have to buy a copy for my x-box as this seems to be the only platform I have that can handle FC3 and uplay AND make the game playable..

GalakFyarr
02-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Minor inconvenience or complete fail? Been trying to log into my account from the launcher all morning to activate anno 2070 on steam and guess what? The launcher just crashes the moment I hit "log in" SCREW UPLAY TRASH. IT IS DIGGING YOUR COMPANIES GRAVE FOR THE PC.

see? That's a whole different story from OP. You are having TROUBLE with Uplay, and it's ruining your experience. Yes, you have a valid reason to complain about it.

However, all OP said is that he won't play the game because he NEEDS to install Uplay. He doesn't say anything about problems he might have during the installation, no, he just doesn't want to install it.

Well, too bad for him.

YazX_
02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
LOL. this thread took another direction which is

Origin vs Uplay

which one is sh*****?

Black_Widow9
02-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Uplay is the service we use. I'm sorry if you are having issues but if that is the case you need to contact Support directly or create a Topic asking for help.

Since this has veered off topic, I am closing it.