PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Prologue Video (SPOILERS)

GoldyTart
12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Its S17 again and there is something strange that I noticed in the video (that's blatantly obvious)(never seen it discussed in the forums before. Or has it?)

http://i.imgur.com/znDaC.png

http://i.imgur.com/x1Zm4.jpg

So why do the numbers morph into these symbols? And what do these symbols mean?

Ancient Attero
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Well the first two symbols are the Eye of Hornus and the Omega. Eye of Hornus means "healing or protection", and Omega means "great". I'm not sure what the last symbol is, looked Egyptian, but i can't find any similarities. It could though just though translate to "protection against great destruction. Which would go with the 12/21/12.

POP1Fan
12-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Well the first two symbols are the Eye of Hornus and the Omega. Eye of Hornus means "healing or protection", and Omega means "great". I'm not sure what the last symbol is, looked Egyptian, but i can't find any similarities. It could though just though translate to "protection against great destruction. Which would go with the 12/21/12.

I think the third one looks more Asian like... I think they in someway represent Juno, Minerva and Tinia.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 08:57 PM
The first 2 Symbols were used by Clay in his Glyphs. The Eye of Horus is a Symbol of Protection, as stated. The Omega is reference to Revelation 22:13 in the Bible "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

The last one; however, was not used by clay, but it looks to be Chinese or Japanese..I`m not sure. I may have a look

GoldyTart
12-28-2012, 12:26 AM
The first 2 Symbols were used by Clay in his Glyphs. The Eye of Horus is a Symbol of Protection, as stated. The Omega is reference to Revelation 22:13 in the Bible "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

The last one; however, was not used by clay, but it looks to be Chinese or Japanese..I`m not sure. I may have a look

The second one cannot be the Omega symbol because it has a dot in the center.

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 12:27 AM
The second one cannot be the Omega symbol because it has a dot in the center.
Then it`s the Omega Symbol with a dot in the centre:p

GoldyTart
12-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Then it`s the Omega Symbol with a dot in the centre:p

Can't deny that logic but...............
Seriously, the omega symbol doesn't have a dot in the center. This must represent something else.

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Can't deny that logic but...............
Seriously, the omega symbol doesn't have a dot in the center. This must represent something else.
Like ??

I`m going with the Omega Symbol with a dot in the center xD

GoldyTart
12-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Like ??

I`m going with the Omega Symbol with a dot in the center xD

Thanks for the help M. Very appreciated. Can someone solve the third symbol? Google goggles fails to identify it.

GoldyTart
12-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Okay, the last one is Torii (credit:Reddit). Atleast i think it is

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Ahh Yes..It`s a Japanese gateway that signifies the ascendance to sacredness or Holiness..I can`t remember if it`s Chinese or Japanese..Probably the latter

Ayush_S92
12-28-2012, 03:46 AM
And here I was thinking the last symbol is a Pi with a strikethrough. o_O

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 03:49 AM
And here I was thinking the last symbol is a Pi with a strikethrough. o_O
An Omega with a dot and a pi with a strike through...HA xD

Ancient Attero
12-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Could be the Torii symbol, but the definition marks it as simply a gateway to a Shinto temple. You can take it after from the context and try to mold it into meaning "the gateway". Which would put the meaning of the symbols something like "protection from the great disaster lies through the gateway". May mean the temple that Desmond and crew are in. Its a bit of a stretch though.

Ahh Yes..It`s a Japanese gateway that signifies the ascendance to sacredness or Holiness..I can`t remember if it`s Chinese or Japanese..Probably the latter

Japanese.

Aphex_Tim
12-28-2012, 09:26 PM
This might be kinda unrelated but this reminded me of it:
At the end of AC:B when Desmond & Crew reach the Apple it projects a number of symbols as well.
Then Shaun talks about two symbols coming together in only one place but just as he's about to explain, time stops, Desmond stabs Lucy and the credits roll.
Was it ever explained what Shaun meant?

LoyalACFan
12-29-2012, 12:16 AM
This might be kinda unrelated but this reminded me of it:
At the end of AC:B when Desmond & Crew reach the Apple it projects a number of symbols as well.
Then Shaun talks about two symbols coming together in only one place but just as he's about to explain, time stops, Desmond stabs Lucy and the credits roll.
Was it ever explained what Shaun meant?

It was never explained, but I speculated about it like a madman before AC 3 was announced :p The two specific symbols Shaun was talking about were the Masonic Eye and the Phrygian Cap, which only come together in one place; the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citize n_in_1789.jpg/455px-Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citize n_in_1789.jpg

Masonic Eye is at the very top in the center, and the Phrygian cap is the red thing on the point of the arrow directly below it. Now, this document, being a critical part of the French Revolution, obviously pointed in that direction for the next AC game, but ultimately it never amounted to anything. But who knows, there's still speculation that Connor could hop over to France in the next game, so they might still work it in.

Aphex_Tim
12-29-2012, 11:22 AM
That's actually very interesting, let's hope they don't completely drop this!

DELTA Kristian
12-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Remember that when you launch the game after 12/12/12 there is the message database down and a assassin logo for upcoming events? Thumps up for AC4 in 2013!