PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have a problem with pivots?

CRYPTO196
12-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Just want to see how many since Ubisoft didn't do anything about it.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Nope. I know that some people had pivots inside run-through spots, wonder if that got fixed.

thekarlone
12-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Some people, if they have more than 50 friends on PSN, the pivots doesn't appear (and the stats and leaderboards don't sync).

andreja110s
12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I have a problem with a pivot in the northern part of the frontier- thereīs the symbol showing it, but I canīt see it.

prince162010
12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
i don't have any problem with pivots .... i've gathered all of them :cool: easy to find

Wakener
01-01-2013, 05:24 PM
I have the problem with the one inside the run-through house in NYC. I can look, but not touch.

CartopBALTO
01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Not at all

TheSpong
01-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Technically, I didn't have a problem. But I still voted yes because expecting people to be online in order to take part in it was a ridiculous idea. Don't do it again Ubi.

montagemik
01-01-2013, 11:18 PM
I have a problem with a pivot in the northern part of the frontier- thereīs the symbol showing it, but I canīt see it.

Have you tried looking for it near the symbol with Eagle vision turned on - It lights up like a christmas tree.

Or check in the cave where the Peg-leg trinket was hidden (i'm only guessing , cause without a screenshot of your map = The NORTH of the frontier covers a big area. )

exkrima
01-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Technically, I didn't have a problem. But I still voted yes because expecting people to be online in order to take part in it was a ridiculous idea. Don't do it again Ubi.

^this, does that mean i cannot get this offline? I happen to see one, just pure accident though like, "what is this icon? ...click on it, wow! I unlocked a cheat." something like that. i don't even know if that is online, since i always go offline/disconnected upon logging in ubisoft server.

montagemik
01-02-2013, 02:28 AM
^this, does that mean i cannot get this offline? I happen to see one, just pure accident though like, "what is this icon? ...click on it, wow! I unlocked a cheat." something like that. i don't even know if that is online, since i always go offline/disconnected upon logging in ubisoft server.

Supposedly - PIVOTS you collect are placed in the world by other online players - So you HAVE to be online to collect & sync your full 12 pivots . Then it syncs your profile with the Animus cloud.

You can't collect pivots Offline at all.

TheSpong
01-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Supposedly - PIVOTS you collect are placed in the world by other online players - So you HAVE to be online to collect & sync your full 12 pivots.

That's my biggest bugbear behind the whole idea. What does it matter that the pivots are supposedly placed by real people? The game can do that just as effectively without the need to be connected to the net. I reckon it was a feeble attempt by Ubi to primarily crowbar in some online functionality to the single player side of the game, and along the way they probably thought it would make people try and be a bit clever with their placement of pivots. But I don't think anyone really cares because the pivots aren't worth anything, it's nothing but a massive hassle to unlock a few (arguably unnecessary) cheats.

montagemik
01-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Well we know they're considering potential CO-OP for a future AC game .

Pivots may have been a simple way to test some online connection functionality between players within single player mode for all we know .

TheBlackWaffle
01-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi everyone, i just finished completing the story and i need help with the pivots. I've already done the tutorial for the pivots or whatever, but when i try to log in to scan the find the first pivot thing and connect the pivot map it says "The Ubisoft server is not available at the time, please try again later" this has been happening for several hours now and the funny thing is that i can log in and play multiplayer.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Only with the frontier :/ Anyone have a link to a video where some pivots spawn (I know they spawn in different locations, I havent found any so any help is appreciated).

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't understand what you can do and how pivots work. Can someone give me a good explenation?

madclown1
04-25-2013, 02:12 AM
i'm kinda struggling with them myself.i just completed my 2nd playthrough but it says there's 0 pivots to plant or find which is the same as what happened in my 1st playthrough & it's really bugging me now so i don't know if i've missed something to make them spawn or the games just glitched & screwed me over for the trophy.any help or advice would be appreciated.

Bastiaen
04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
It took me a while to figure out since they didn't have a good tutorial, but I loved them. If I delete all my saves, will the pivots come back on my next play through?