PDA

View Full Version : New controls for AC + Quiz

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I designed a new control layout for AC (yeah I'm weird like that). Main benefits being a bit more interactivity in the freerunning and less menus to deal with. Downside being that it's a little trickier to learn for unexperienced gamers.

In terms of functionality I tried to keep it as similar to AC3 as possible, but I added a couple of ideas. Dog ofc! Changed poison dart for bolas, which I think would have a more distinct set of features. Crouch, lay down. Freerunning more player controlled. Free aim for bow+pistols with slow-motion. Other than that I kept it pretty similar in terms of functionality (I have a lot of other, more crazy ideas!).

Anyway now to the QUIZ!!! For this control layout I have stolen ideas from FIVE of my favourite games. Can you figure out which ones :cool:?

Basic movement:

Hold RT to run/activate high profile.
B while running to slide. Can be used freely. Must be timed correctly (but fairly forgiving) to slide under low objects. Slide over the edge of a building will move Connor to a hanging position.
While climbing tap B to let go.
B controls crouching position when standing still/moving slowly:

Tap B to crouch. Hold B to lie on the ground.
When crouching, tap B to stand, hold to lie down
When lying down, tap to crouch, hold to stand up.

Tap ‘A’ to jump, must be timed but again forgiving. Both longer unsafe jumps, but also over low objects like fences.
Hold ‘A’ to run up walls (this will prevent you from doing this accidently, which is infuriating).
‘Y’ to interact.
Hold ‘X’ to assassinate enemies in your way.
Basic combat controls (armed):

‘X’ to attack.
‘Y’ to counter (tap as many times as enemies attacks).
Tap ‘A’ to jump in place and avoid low attacks. Tap ‘A’ twice to roll. Tap ‘A’ twice in the direction of an enemy to vault over him (like Ezio could in Revelations).
Tap B to kick (break defense). Tap B twice and hold to grab (can be used for meatshield, but also to follow up with other attacks).
Tap LB to quickfire bow. Hold to freely aim bow, release to shoot.
Tap RB to quickfire pistols. Hold to aim, release to shoot.
While aiming a weapon (LB or RB) tap right stick to enter slow-motion.
LB+facebuttons for tools:

‘X’ Bolas (used to trip man or beast).
‘Y’ ropedart
‘A’ sticky bombs, (hold to place mine)
‘B’ Snare, (hold to place trap).

Dog (replaces recruits :o):

Handled by LT
LT+

‘X’ Grab and hold guard
‘Y’ Lure away
‘A’ Stand at spot and bark
‘B’ Sit (or follow if he is sitting)!

Hold LT to make him run away (or come back if his gone).
D-pad:

Left to switch main weapon (tomahawk, hidden blade, unarmed).
Up to attract horse (whistle)
Right to attract humans (throw money)
Down to attract animals (throw bait)

Kestrel_OvO
12-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Batman: Arkham City
Call of Duty?
Dishonored

Those are the only ones I could 'recognize'. You forgot about Eagle Sense by the way.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Batman: Arkham City
Call of Duty?
Dishonored

Those are the only ones I could 'recognize'. You forgot about Eagle Sense by the way.

Arkham City is correct and that is my favourite game of all times :D! The other two were not what I was thinking about. So still four more games to find.

Eagle sense is tap left stick as usual, but you are correct I forgot to mention that.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Arkham City is correct and that is my favourite game of all times :D! The other two were not what I was thinking about. So still four more games to find.

Eagle sense is tap left stick as usual, but you are correct I forgot to mention that.

I remember a game... very dark atmosphere, based around you being a cop with a.... vampire dog or something?