PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III Expansion Possibly Confirmed? (Endgame Spoilers)

LegendaryNoCon
12-26-2012, 09:59 PM
So I dunno if everyone knows but there was that Ubisoft survey that went out awhile back asking how people would feel about a Brotherhood-type release for Assassin's Creed III, with more Connor and more Desmond.

Now, I know what you all are thinking. It's likely just a rumor or an idea throwing around, probably not real.

But I was replaying Assassin's Creed III and got to the end, where Connor speaks with Juno. And a quote of hers caught my attention.

"Still, you have made a difference. And you will do so again."

"And you will do so again" she couldn't have been referring to him later burying the amulet since that was literally about to happen and wouldn't be worth mentioning in such a way.

That quote, along with the survey, has got me thinking that the next title will be an expansion for AC3. But the survey says Desmond. Which means he might not be dead after all.

So let's discuss the possibilities. And, if an expansion were to come, what would you like to see? I'd like to see Connor travel to London and take down Reginald Birch. It's a big enough city, and I know a lot of people have been wanting an AC title set in England.

FirestarLuva
12-26-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope to see Connor in the French Revolution, with London and Paris being the two major cities. I would really love if Connor visits Haytham's home in England. In Forsaken, Haytham lost his sister when he was 8, I think, maybe Connor finds her. Or maybe he finds out he has a half-sister/brother? Haytham left America for 14 years, something could've happened? :3

pacmanate
12-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Well why would they just throw Connor away anyway...

LegendaryNoCon
12-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I think it'd be cool to be in the French Revolution too since everyone and their mother suggested that time period instead of the American Revolution after the game was announced. I'd side with London over Paris though. Mainly because I don't like French accents and London would feel more personal with Connor

LegendaryNoCon
12-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Well why would they just throw Connor away anyway...

They threw Altair away until surprise Revelations. Though Ubisoft has specifically stated on the matter that Connor will not have his own trilogy. Though it would be cool to see 56 year old Connor in the War of 1812.

LegendaryNoCon
12-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Gonna be gone for an hour but I'll be back to discuss it with you all right after.

pacmanate
12-26-2012, 10:20 PM
They threw Altair away until surprise Revelations. Though Ubisoft has specifically stated on the matter that Connor will not have his own trilogy. Though it would be cool to see 56 year old Connor in the War of 1812.

Altair started the franchise and they wanted a trilogy. Number 2 had a new protagonist, makes sense. They made number 2 into a trilogy because it sold so well. Same happened with AC3. It won't be a trilogy but Connor will probably have another game. It also means they have an extra year to design a new character for AC4.

LegendaryNoCon
12-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah exactly. I have a feeling the premise for the next inevitable trilogy will be Assassins and Templars uniting to take down Juno, since unity was such a focus in the latter half of Connor's story.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 12:13 AM
While i`m sure there is a Connor game next year, I just want to clarify, when Juno says "You`ll do so again" she literally meant him burying the Amulet. Second is the story with Birch, I don't want to spoil anything, but with what happens in the forsaken novel, I`m afraid that wont be possible.

With that out of the way, I would like Connor in the French Revolution. In ACR I loved how Ezio was travelling to a foreign country and was looking forward to some...you know..Culture and Language lessons from Yusuf or Sofia, but before he even gets off the boat, he can magically speak to everyone. So I`d love to see Connor in a new culture.

LegendaryNoCon
12-27-2012, 12:18 AM
While i`m sure there is a Connor game next year, I just want to clarify, when Juno says "You`ll do so again" she literally meant him burying the Amulet. Second is the story with Birch, I don't want to spoil anything, but with what happens in the forsaken novel, I`m afraid that wont be possible.

With that out of the way, I would like Connor in the French Revolution. In ACR I loved how Ezio was travelling to a foreign country and was looking forward to some...you know..Culture and Language lessons from Yusuf or Sofia, but before he even gets off the boat, he can magically speak to everyone. So I`d love to see Connor in a new culture.

I just read up on what happens to Reginald, and am sad that Connor won't be able to take him down. Secondly, I'm wondering how exactly you know Juno was referring to him burying the amulet.

And I agree on the Ezio thing. It did bug me how anything Turkish that Yusuf said, Ezio didn't go "what?"

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm wondering how exactly you know Juno was referring to him burying the amulet.
Just for the sake of not derailing your thread, I`ll not speak of this as fact.

"Still you`v made a difference and you`ll do so again"
"Remember.You must hide the amulet where none might find it"

These are exactly (or roughly) Juno`s final words to Connor. The first followed by the second is what makes me sure that she meant hiding it, because what other difference could be important to her that she`ll tell Connor about it ?? Only that. She does not give a crap about Connor she blatantly admitted lying and that him and his people are nothing compared to the grand scheme of things.

It does not really matter, really as I`m sure that Connor is not over yet and agree with you..

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 12:40 AM
The most likely scenario imo is a final Connor game in 2013 and then they move on to a new protagonist next gen. I doubt very much it will be the French revolution for a couple of reasons. Two revolutions in a row, Connor would be an odd character there, not enough naval, not enough wilderness. It's also one of the most important events, so I would assume they want to make a main game about it. I think Brazil is a lot more likely.

LegendaryNoCon
12-27-2012, 12:41 AM
I can see why it'd make you think that, but the reason I think it is why else would she say "You'll do so again" when she could have left it at "You've made a difference. Now remember, hide the amulet where none may find it" her saying "You'll do so again" sounds alot to me like "Hey man your journey isn't over, so don't think you're done."

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 12:43 AM
I can see why it'd make you think that, but the reason I think it is why else would she say "You'll do so again" when she could have left it at "You've made a difference. Now remember, hide the amulet where none may find it" her saying "You'll do so again" sounds alot to me like "Hey man your journey isn't over, so don't think you're done."
Exactly..Why would Juno tell him that ?? She does not care about anyone but herself...Lets drop this, though..I don't want this to be derailed, you`ll see some very good ideas coming, it`d be a shame to have all the great(Or terribly bad) ideas lost to this..;)

Avagantamoz
12-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Honestly, I could care less about where and when the next Assassins Creed games takes place. All I want is a story that makes sense and for melee to be the primary combat method. That Desmond part of the game when he was at the Abstergo facility was just plain silly. Why would security guards in a place such as Abstergo be running around with sticks? A place like London or Brazil could be nice due to the free running potential. I would also like better sized buildings. Kinda getting tired of running across a dozen normal houses sized buildings with the occasional tall structure spotted here and there. I want to free run and leap from building to building where falling would mean death, not just losing half of my health.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Honestly, I could care less about where and when the next Assassins Creed games takes place. All I want is a story that makes sense and for melee to be the primary combat method. That Desmond part of the game when he was at the Abstergo facility was just plain silly. Why would security guards in a place such as Abstergo be running around with sticks? A place like London or Brazil could be nice due to the free running potential. I would also like better sized buildings. Kinda getting tired of running across a dozen normal houses sized buildings with the occasional tall structure spotted here and there. I want to free run and leap from building to building where falling would mean death, not just losing half of my health.
ALLLL these conditions and at the start "I couldn't care less about when and where the next AC takes place" How Ironic xD

Dosenwabe
12-27-2012, 03:14 AM
French Revolution is most likely, it's the same time period as the American Rev. Connor possibly visiting France was already mentioned in AC3 when talking with Lafayette. They talked about Paris and it's problems and that Connor should visit it at time. I hope they give the French Revolution all the space it deserves, it was the most important event in western history ever. But I would love every **** setting, HISTORY FTW!

LoyalACFan
12-27-2012, 07:35 AM
The French Revolution is one of my favorite periods in history, and I want more Connor, but I'm not sure I want the two to mix. On one hand, they've set it up perfectly with Lafayette and everything, but on the other, I kind of want the setting to get the same attention and atmosphere built up with a new protagonist and a numbered sequel, just like Ezio and the Renaissance. Maybe they could compromise and send Connor to England to get some more of the tall buildings people have been asking for (and still have a wilderness area, of course), and save France for a new protagonist (who I'm tentatively calling Jean-Pierre Levolune ;))

TrueAssassin77
12-27-2012, 07:38 AM
If connor is not in the next game... i will seriously consider not buying it............ yes, im crazy as hell

Extrarium_v1
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM

She meant "You'll do so again" as in the burying of the amulet will make a change in the future when Desmon finds it. The first change was his role in the War, the second change will be how Desmond finds his amulet and she (spoiler) awakens to probably enslave the world.

dewgel
12-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd love to see more Connor, and London & Paris as the two major cities.

I'm not sure they'll have time to do a good job with London or Paris though. It's too difficult for them. I mean, they could probably get one of them done within a year. If they follow the pattern of ACB or ACR then they will have started development before ACIII came out.

Also, Connor's development, the investment / time spent making him who he is would be too much for them to waste. They will bring him back. They don't have time to create a new Assassin

Felix-Vivo
12-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Yesss Connor has to go to London. I feel like he has at least some ties there that could be explored. And I really want to see a London-style Assassin outfit. And climb Big Ben's tower. And the houses of parliament.

I wouldn't mind Brazil, though.

ACfan443
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Yesss Connor has to go to London. I feel like he has at least some ties there that could be explored. And I really want to see a London-style Assassin outfit. And climb Big Ben's tower. And the houses of parliament.

I wouldn't mind Brazil, though.

I think they should save London for a new Assassin and a whole new time period of its own. That's if they decide to anyway.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I think they should save London for a new Assassin and a whole new time period of its own. That's if they decide to anyway.

I agree. Connor should go to a forest focused place (like Brazil ;) )