PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Game of the Franchise?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I was listening to part of the AC2 soundtrack when I began to ponder my favorite game of the franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaRHlo4B0Y

Having listened to that song, I think AC2 is my favorite, followed by ACB, ACR, then AC3 and the original. How about you folks?

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 09:15 PM
AC III
ACR
AC I
ACB
AC II

This does not mean I necessarily that I "Hate" any of them...I love them all

Poodle_of_Doom
12-26-2012, 02:33 AM
I don't hate any of them either. It's just that I ranked them in terms of my preference to them. Why did you rank them that way?

CFC_Hero
12-26-2012, 02:41 AM
AC3 - For Game play
AC2 - For Story
AC:B - Making my favorite story longer C:
AC:R - Ending my favorite story
AC1: Didn't enjoy the game play but the story was alright.

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 03:12 AM
I don't hate any of them either. It's just that I ranked them in terms of my preference to them. Why did you rank them that way?
I`m sure no one hates any of the games. just some gripes here and there. I just stated this, because some people like to jump to conclusions, especially how I`m ranking AC II last (Which is the majorly accepted as the pinnacle of the series)

I recently started a Marathon (AGAIN) and played ALL AC games in order from AC I till AC III.

AC III is my favorite game of the entire series. The Story has finally returned to it`s grey areas between the 2 warring factions and gave me a great Character, it had so many things to do and discover and it was just so big. The Naval battles, Hunting, Homestead, Clubs, forts..so many things it kept occupied for weeks. The Combat is at it`s best for me in this one just needs more Intelligence, though seeing the whining about combat being hard makes this more of a fantasy. Contrary to others, I had absolute freedom during the first sequences (First game in the series to actually encourage exploration in the very early sequences) It was great.

Sure it had Bugs and glitches, but nothing game breaking for me, it had some ridiculous side missions like the delivery requests, VERY disapointing cuts like the random quests and Canoes, some poorly presented story set pieces and some let downs in design choices, but in the end the positives managed to stand out more for me. So much to do, huge world, variety in gameplay, Minigames, Magnificent NPCs. It was awesome (Apart from the lack of Background music which was SORELY missed when I was replaying the Ezio trilogy)

ACR: My Love for ACR lies in the Setting, Music and Story. Most of the Gameplay elements we knew and loved were already there and unchanged apart from a few new systems. Constantinople brought me back to Damascus (My favorite city in the series) It was so colorful and vivid. the markets, the alleys, the sun rays on closed souks..GOD I loved that. combine that with Jesper`s AWESOME soundtrack and you have a wonderful city to roam in. I loved the Den defense yet loathed it`s context, because I always like to think...you know "We work in the dark" Yo and all that, but..eh I enjoyed it so much and I kept leaving that one den unguarded :p I also loved the Desmond memories. The artistic yet simple presentation of the recollection of a memory was so fascinating even it was just walk and jump in first person. it was a nice change of pace and ACR made me actually like Desmond. The Story also brought back that vague feeling of "Am I right ?" but just a little..nothing like AC I or AC III. And even though Altair`s missions were very short, I enjoyed Altair so much that I appreciated the 30 minutes I was given as him.

The game also had more bugs, but nothing was game breaking for me and it had less things to do than Brotherhood, but it was still a fascinating experience to play the send off of Atair and Ezio.

ACB: ACB is what AC II should`v been. The Combat was Awesome (Not the best, but paying AC II`s combat was horrible that I immensely liked the new change) The Story was why this is my second least favorite. It`s basically a crazy power hungry brat trying to usurp everything. Cesare was not a even a Templar Per Se, after Rodrigo`s death we NEVER hear the word Templar again, at least Rodrigo fought in their name, but Cesare was just mad and I hated this, because historically Cesare was a very Intelligent General, sure he was not above anger, but come on...The Jewel of ACB is the amount of Content and beginning..It started out so well and I truly felt like I`m building a Brotherhood on my own. Assassination contracts, Lairs of Romulous, Faction assignments and Borgia towers all provided great distractions. Rome was not the best city for me. I`v seen the Country side AND city in AC II before so It was just dull for me..least favorite city.

ACB had the least amount of bugs and a great graphics update, the story was not the best written piece of literature ever, but it was great to see Ezio grow into a legend and his Younger years as a Teen in between AC II`s events. Great game.

AC II: The start of Ezio was weird for me, because I loved Altair. he was the complete opposite. Great setting, music and Story, but it was repetitive to an extent. Meet faction leader, go rescue his men, kill traitors and then begin Assassination. I hated the pacing, but loved Ezio`s growth and because I was fresh out from a very grey war in AC I, I was dumbfounded by the black/white in AC II. Great Side missions and not so great side missions like beating husbands up..that was just so weird. I mean..a lady sees a random man and tells him "Husband is Cheating. beat him up" The secret locations were bloody awesome definitely my favorite thing about AC II along with the Glyphs.

AC II did many things right, but it removed A LOT of what I loved from AC I and that me bitter at it.

AC I: It`s what started all of this. The world, music and war. it`s the best atmosphere I`v ever experienced in a game. Mystery and cryptic words. it was all so awesome. If I never liked this, I would`v never continued the series. Altair was a badass...we see him fall and redeem himself, it may not have been an epic adventure over the course of years, but it was enough to see the drastic change in character. The freedom this game provided too it felt so good planning my Assassination before starting and scouting the area carefully, I truly felt like an Assassin and I never felt like it was repetitive. the Investigations were great and I managed to remove that feeling of repetitiveness by doing different sets of Investigations each time.

A questionable quest and true Assassin gameplay..AC I was a damm awesome start to a great series..

Poodle_of_Doom
12-26-2012, 05:58 AM
I`m sure no one hates any of the games. just some gripes here and there. I just stated this, because some people like to jump to conclusions, especially how I`m ranking AC II last (Which is the majorly accepted as the pinnacle of the series)

I recently started a Marathon (AGAIN) and played ALL AC games in order from AC I till AC III.

AC III is my favorite game of the entire series. The Story has finally returned to it`s grey areas between the 2 warring factions and gave me a great Character, it had so many things to do and discover and it was just so big. The Naval battles, Hunting, Homestead, Clubs, forts..so many things it kept occupied for weeks. The Combat is at it`s best for me in this one just needs more Intelligence, though seeing the whining about combat being hard makes this more of a fantasy. Contrary to others, I had absolute freedom during the first sequences (First game in the series to actually encourage exploration in the very early sequences) It was great.

Sure it had Bugs and glitches, but nothing game breaking for me, it had some ridiculous side missions like the delivery requests, VERY disapointing cuts like the random quests and Canoes, some poorly presented story set pieces and some let downs in design choices, but in the end the positives managed to stand out more for me. So much to do, huge world, variety in gameplay, Minigames, Magnificent NPCs. It was awesome (Apart from the lack of Background music which was SORELY missed when I was replaying the Ezio trilogy)

ACR: My Love for ACR lies in the Setting, Music and Story. Most of the Gameplay elements we knew and loved were already there and unchanged apart from a few new systems. Constantinople brought me back to Damascus (My favorite city in the series) It was so colorful and vivid. the markets, the alleys, the sun rays on closed souks..GOD I loved that. combine that with Jesper`s AWESOME soundtrack and you have a wonderful city to roam in. I loved the Den defense yet loathed it`s context, because I always like to think...you know "We work in the dark" Yo and all that, but..eh I enjoyed it so much and I kept leaving that one den unguarded :p I also loved the Desmond memories. The artistic yet simple presentation of the recollection of a memory was so fascinating even it was just walk and jump in first person. it was a nice change of pace and ACR made me actually like Desmond. The Story also brought back that vague feeling of "Am I right ?" but just a little..nothing like AC I or AC III. And even though Altair`s missions were very short, I enjoyed Altair so much that I appreciated the 30 minutes I was given as him.

The game also had more bugs, but nothing was game breaking for me and it had less things to do than Brotherhood, but it was still a fascinating experience to play the send off of Atair and Ezio.

ACB: ACB is what AC II should`v been. The Combat was Awesome (Not the best, but paying AC II`s combat was horrible that I immensely liked the new change) The Story was why this is my second least favorite. It`s basically a crazy power hungry brat trying to usurp everything. Cesare was not a even a Templar Per Se, after Rodrigo`s death we NEVER hear the word Templar again, at least Rodrigo fought in their name, but Cesare was just mad and I hated this, because historically Cesare was a very Intelligent General, sure he was not above anger, but come on...The Jewel of ACB is the amount of Content and beginning..It started out so well and I truly felt like I`m building a Brotherhood on my own. Assassination contracts, Lairs of Romulous, Faction assignments and Borgia towers all provided great distractions. Rome was not the best city for me. I`v seen the Country side AND city in AC II before so It was just dull for me..least favorite city.

ACB had the least amount of bugs and a great graphics update, the story was not the best written piece of literature ever, but it was great to see Ezio grow into a legend and his Younger years as a Teen in between AC II`s events. Great game.

AC II: The start of Ezio was weird for me, because I loved Altair. he was the complete opposite. Great setting, music and Story, but it was repetitive to an extent. Meet faction leader, go rescue his men, kill traitors and then begin Assassination. I hated the pacing, but loved Ezio`s growth and because I was fresh out from a very grey war in AC I, I was dumbfounded by the black/white in AC II. Great Side missions and not so great side missions like beating husbands up..that was just so weird. I mean..a lady sees a random man and tells him "Husband is Cheating. beat him up" The secret locations were bloody awesome definitely my favorite thing about AC II along with the Glyphs.

AC II did many things right, but it removed A LOT of what I loved from AC I and that me bitter at it.

AC I: It`s what started all of this. The world, music and war. it`s the best atmosphere I`v ever experienced in a game. Mystery and cryptic words. it was all so awesome. If I never liked this, I would`v never continued the series. Altair was a badass...we see him fall and redeem himself, it may not have been an epic adventure over the course of years, but it was enough to see the drastic change in character. The freedom this game provided too it felt so good planning my Assassination before starting and scouting the area carefully, I truly felt like an Assassin and I never felt like it was repetitive. the Investigations were great and I managed to remove that feeling of repetitiveness by doing different sets of Investigations each time.

A questionable quest and true Assassin gameplay..AC I was a damm awesome start to a great series..

Wow! I appreciate the response, but didn't expect a thesis paper. But seriously, thanks for the answer. It was a good read.

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Wow! I appreciate the response, but didn't expect a thesis paper. But seriously, thanks for the answer. It was a good read.
I love talking about this, So thank YOU:D

Turul.
12-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Acb
ac2 = ac3
acr
ac1

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2012, 07:35 AM
(Most to least favorite, I love em' all though)

Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Revelation
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed

GoldyTart
12-26-2012, 08:15 AM
I might be a little bias because I started the series with ACB but here's my list
A little spoilers so please forgive me.

ACB: The gameplay and ending did it to me. I was never shocked in my whole life when I witnessed the ending and the truth puzzle. Easily the best and started this epic journey of great games.
AC3: Gameplay, story, Haytham and closure to my dear friend Desmond.
AC1: Dude this was Altair, an amazing character although the voice actor did ruin it a bit for me. Plus decrypting Subject 16 crazy paintings. LOVED IT.
ACR: Ezio and Altair combined into one package with Desmond and Subject 16 together. It was a little too short though
AC2: Didn't leave a mark on me and I only played/loved it for The Truth glyphs

EaglePrince25
12-26-2012, 08:18 AM
ACR>AC3>AC2>ACB>AC1

Also feel the need to say that I don't hate any of them. They're all great, some are just slightly less great than others. Also feel the need to point out that while Revelations is my favorite game, I consider 2 to be the best game.

Since Assassin_M took the time to give a detailed response, I feel the need to do the same, though not to nearly the same extent lol and i'm only gonna cover my top 3.

Assassin's Creed Revelations

A lot of what's great about ACR is simply the detail. The detail to the music, the environment, the history, and the character you're playing as. The last one is a big thing for me, because as I often tell people I don't care about multiplayer aspects, because for the longest time I didn't have Xbox Live and so only really had the main game to rely on for enjoyment. Therefore, I still only play games for the main story line, so the character i'm playing as is key. Revelations is the ending of an epic story that's spanned decades, and I think that Ubisoft really came through for the fans with it. Some of the enjoyment comes from playing as an older Ezio. For anyone who's played since AC2, you've literally been with him his entire life, and grown with him as his skills have developed and he's learned. Here he's now a little past his prime, though still able to tangle with the best of Templars. He's lost a step or two, can't run as fast, can't take damage as well, but makes up for it in the wisdom he's gained. His philosophy has changed, as has the way he deals with various situations. The entire story is building up towards an epic ending, and again Ubisoft more than delivers. He's undertaking this long quest for answers and hidden knowledge, to really find out what the events of his life have meant to him. This is combined with the memories of Altair's early and later life, that themselves add more to the story, while also teaching Ezio lessons that lead to his final discovery.

The new setting takes us away from everything we've known before and works on the old elements, while also adding interesting new elements. The city is well designed, and I also like the Desmond parts in this game. In previous installments he's seemed kind of...IDK how to say it, awful? LOL here he really comes through, and what's so great is that his own mission lines up with Altair and Ezio's. All three are shown living/reflecting on their lives and what exactly all of it means, and they each come to their own conclusions in the end that fit not only the tone of the story, but the characters as well. Finally getting to see Subject 16 and what had happened to him was an additional bonus of this game, though sadly we never did get to see what the deal with Eve was. I could really go on and on, but all it comes down to is that this game was excellent and well handled

Assassins Creed 3

I feel the need to point out that I didn't get this game right when it came out. I'd pre-ordered it, but wasn't able to pick it up because I was away at school. Therefore, I heard many things about the game before I ever got to play it. Some good, some bad. I went into the game with high expectations, because it is Assassins Creed and that's what i've come to expect, as well as somewhat low expectations about certain aspects of it. When I first started playing it, I instantly ranked it as my 4th favorite game behind Brotherhood. By the end of my first playthrough it had moved up to my 3rd favorite behind AC2 and Revelations. I'm now 83 percent of the way through my 2nd playthrough (having completed most of the side missions, with really only homestead Missions left and one naval mission, besides the main story missions) and it's now my 2nd favorite game of the series.

Why the change in ranking? One major reason is the fact i've now taken the time to complete EVERYTHING. I stress that fact, because there is A LOT to do in this game. From the feathers, to the liberations, to searching the catacombs beneath New York and Boston (Still have one more entrance to find in New York actually) this game takes a long time. I don't think I could complete it in a day if I even tried. I appreciate this, because it isn't repetitive, which was a major complaint of the first game. The various missions ensures you always have something to do while playing. If you get bored with sailing, take your butt to the Frontier and hunt some animals. If you don't like hunting, but still enjoy the forests go search for a fort or two. Not feeling up to that? Well then go do some brawler or thief missions. And so on, there is just so much that this game offers.

After playing through the so called Dark Age of the [Templar] Order, it is extremely good to return to "villains" who aren't just in it for the power. Charles Lee? Racist bigot. Haytham Kenway? Idealistic extremist who's opinions you can respect, and that translates over to many other Templars in this game. Some of them make truly solid points in their arguments, and if I may say so really do manage to drive home the fact that Connor is more than a bit naive about the way the world works. Stuff like this is just nice to see, as it makes you wonder if the character you're playing is really the one in the right. This is contrasted nicely with the fall of the Assassins, even pointed out that while they were once a noble order they now really only seem to exist to thwart the Templars in their goals. And even better is the fact that not only do the Templars say this, but at least some of the Assassins themselves realize it!

"So I can find you," Some of the first words we hear the new player character utter are those of a complete badass, at an age where he's still a child even! And I think this sets the tone of the character for the entirety of the game. I can easily say that I don't like Connor as much as I do Ezio. His character just isn't as compelling or likable to me. However, he's also not flat as others say he is. The changes in him simply aren't as noticeable as they are in Ezio, which makes sense since the game covers a shorter amount of time and he's just an overall different person. There's also the fact that he's still a relatively young man and has some more growing to do. (In mind, not body) I think the developers did a good job setting Connor apart and making him his own man. Though he also seeks revenge as Ezio did, the Assassin goal of freedom for all is also far more evident in him than it was in Ezio. Though I find him to be naive, it's also a little heartwarming in a way and makes sense within the game when his background is taken into account. It therefore isn't as outright annoying as it would be with say Desmond. I also personally appreciated him really looking at the Templar beliefs and taking them into consideration.

All this is set against the backdrop of two father son conflicts. The relationship between Haytham and Connor is well done, as is that of William and Desmond. I enjoyed searching through the Grand Temple in the present day, as well as learning even more about the First Civilization. However, the Desmond missions were disappointing at best, and Daniel Cross was just downright awful. I expected so much more from him. Getting to charge back into Abstergo and finally kill Vidic was cool, but a little anticlimactic considering how big of a jerk he'd been. I also felt like the fights between Haytham, Cross, and Lee were also badly handled. Haytham especially given the prominence he has in the game is a disappointment. Then there's Lee...I mean, if you're going to step up and take the role of leader of the Templars I expect to fight you in some capacity, not chase you and stab you in a cutscene. Very badly handled. I also don't feel as if enough focus was placed on him given the fact that he was the main target of Connor's anger.

Having said that, the Frontier and the naval missions are revolutionary to the franchise. Excellent additions and I hope they're kept/expanded upon in future installments. I had problems with the game to be sure, but I feel the good more than outweighs the bad, and that Ubisoft has succeeded in upholding the standards set by previous games. I also need to touch on the combat a bit. While it was jarring at first, the change in buttons, I got used to it fairly quickly and have come to enjoy it. The fighting in this game is just excellent, easily the series best.

Assassins Creed 2

As i've said, this is the best game in my opinion. It took everything the first had and improved upon it. This game has the best music in the series, and also introduces the best character. It is very, very hard to make it so that fans can care about every aspect of a character's life, including the side characters. However, though they were in the game for a short time I think Ubisoft did a good job with Ezio's brothers and father, so that when they die, players can really feel sad about their deaths, as well as channel Ezio's rage into their gameplay. The game covering so many years of Ezio's life really lets you get a feel for the character and then watch him grow and change over time, which is always good as its character development. Though Altair only appeared in a bleeding effect induced dream for Desmond, his presence could still be felt when playing as Ezio. Searching the various tombs in the different cities was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed every one. The designs for the armors were wonderful, and the cities looked amazing. The new weapons were a nice touch, and I felt they did a good job in showing how the order had changed. While the Templars have definitely been downgraded when it comes to motives, they are no less fun to battle. The POPE! You get to break into the Vatican and fight THE FREAKING POPE!!! That still blows me away years later.

The new mechanics combined with the great fighting system were wonderful. Though I now rank the game as my 3rd favorite, I think it says a lot that only a game that introduced as many new aspects as this one was able to overtake it. A solid storyline, but the Desmond parts of this game were just terrible. The mind screw at the end made up for it and set up his greater role in future installments. The puzzles Clay left behind detailing various Templars and Pieces of Eden throughout history were simply amazing and really made me think about the game and the history behind it on a deeper level. I also loved finally getting to see one of Those Who Came Before, as well as the video revealed when all the puzzles had been solved. Again, its a real shame that nothing ever came of Eve in the later installments.

Hmm, looks like I didn't condense it as much as I wanted after all. :p

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Hmm, looks like I didn't condense it as much as I wanted after all. :p
But it was a great read;)

D.I.D.
12-26-2012, 09:04 AM
ACB > AC2 > AC3* > AC1* >ACR

* There are certain aspects which could cause me to swap AC3 and AC1 around, because they're not easily comparable games.

AC1 had memorable assassinations, it was revolutionary, and created an atmosphere that's still powerful today. There was some unnecessary fluff, but only in the interest of trying to make the game better; arguably, the extra information gained from investigation didn't change the game enough but the concept was great.

AC3 is the prettiest game to date but lacks tension in the central aspects of the game, and the central aspects of the game are now cloudy anyway. There is a great deal of conspicuous padding, and it is rarely in service of the improvement of the game; Hollywood-isation and artificial extension are the cause of this. Undoubtedly AC3 is the greatest technical accomplishment of the series and contains some phenomenal work, but AC1 did a much better job of making me feel like an infiltrator.

TheSpong
12-26-2012, 10:58 AM
ACB > AC3 > AC2 > ACR > AC1

Brotherhood is by far and away my favourite game, but I don't think it's the best (that award goes to AC3). I think AC2 is largely boring nowadays, I started a playthrough a week or so ago and got bored, blame the tedious assassination contracts for that. I hate Revelations with a passion, it has no redeeming features at all and I wish I never bought it. I've never played AC1 and, to listen to the way people talk about it, I never will.

For me, Brotherhood has the best game space, some truly fantastic memories/missions, brilliant soundtrack, the best collection of secret locations, and great DLC. It would've been faultless were it not for the bugs.

SixKeys
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
AC1
ACB
AC2
AC3
ACR

AC1 had the best atmosphere, ACB best gameplay, AC2 best story. I'm still kind of undecided between my least favorite. There are aspects that I enjoy about ACR and AC3 that I enjoy (bombs and atmosphere in ACR, hunting and graphics in AC3) but overall I couldn't get attached to the story or characters in either.

EaglePrince25
12-26-2012, 03:44 PM
But it was a great read;)

Thank you :) Yours was as well.

ajl992008
12-26-2012, 04:12 PM
1. ACR: the setting itself was just amazing, i loved constantinople and cappadocia and being able to return to masyaf. I seriously loved the story and characters, they had so much depth to them, even the targets, i felt bad when i killed tarik after hearing his explanation and I was in partial aggreement with ahmet in the end sequence when him and ezio had some discussions, the ending to ezio and altair was amazing, i haven't experienced a better ending to two amazing characters. the new additions were great too, i loved the hookblade and bombs and i actually liked the desmond sequences due to their change in pace. i didn't like den defence but i thought it was decent, just not mind blowing good. the soundtrack to me was the best AC soundtrack.

2. AC2:I don't think much explanation needs to be done, ac2 had a great story, great gameplay, great setting, great music and i loved all the changes made, it is only a little bit off ACR for me

3. AC3: in general AC3 was a great game but for me it wasn't as good as AC2 or ACR for me, i dont know why but i think its really because of the setting, the freerunning in the cities was terrible but tree climbing was great, i think i will like the next ac game once it moves to a different setting with all the changes made in ac3.

4. AC1: where it all started, in this game i felt like an assassin! planning the kill before assasination and complete freedom in choosing how to kill, this needs to be brought back! my only issue is that there was literally NO side content, i didn't find the game repetitive but i wished there was side content.

5. ACB: I dont hate acb but i really dislike it, i hated the story A LOT, it really let me down and on top of that it was SHORT, the main storyline pacing and missions were so boring to me that i had a bad taste in my mouth which ACR cleared. i did like all the changes and the side missions which redeemed the game a bit for me but the main storyline for me was terrible IMO.

BK-110
12-26-2012, 04:23 PM
1. AC1 and AC3
2. ACR
3. AC2
4. ACB

kriegerdesgottes
12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Ac2
ac3
ac1
acb
acr

IronEagl3
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Well my AC3 game broke at sequence 7. I probably won't be getting an exchange (if I can) for another month. But still, I think in order to decide, you gotta wait for a long time after you beat AC3 then decide which one was best. Because AC2 wasn't this incredible memorable game when I beat it, but when you go back and think of the times you played with it, then you'll realize how great it was.

KOM_95
12-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Ac iii
ac:b
ac ii
ac:r
ac i

YuurHeen
12-27-2012, 12:32 AM
ac1 : best atmosphere.
acr: best story
acb: most fun
ac2: had some good things
ac3. didn't connect to me after you stop playing haytham.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 12:42 AM
I change my mind about this all the time lol. What has been fairly consistent is that I think AC2, AC3 and AC:B are the three best, and AC:R+AC1 are a little weaker.

xboxauditore
12-27-2012, 01:00 AM
AC3
ACB
AC2
ACR
AC1

I don't hate AC1, It's just the others are so much better.

Lumina Luxerion
12-27-2012, 02:58 AM
brotherhood :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 03:01 AM
^Another Female :O

Fascinating..

Poodle_of_Doom
12-27-2012, 04:37 AM
Well my AC3 game broke at sequence 7. I probably won't be getting an exchange (if I can) for another month. But still, I think in order to decide, you gotta wait for a long time after you beat AC3 then decide which one was best. Because AC2 wasn't this incredible memorable game when I beat it, but when you go back and think of the times you played with it, then you'll realize how great it was.

I agree. I think this is true about all the games. You don't realize how memorable they are until you replay them.

TrueAssassin77
12-27-2012, 07:26 AM
AC3 and ACB: AC3 because connor is awesome, loved most things about AC3 except haytham and the lack of freedom mission structure. ACB was simply AC2 2.0. AWESOME GAME. loved everythig about it.
AC2: Introduction to the AC world. Had great mission structure. But Overall simply OK
ACR: Only game in the franchise that I played only one playthrough.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 07:30 AM
AC3 and ACB: AC3 because connor is awesome, loved most things about AC3 except haytham and the lack of freedom mission structure. ACB was simply AC2 2.0. AWESOME GAME. loved everythig about it.
AC2: Introduction to the AC world. Had great mission structure. But Overall simply OK
ACR: Only game in the franchise that I played only one playthrough.
What about AC I ?

TrueAssassin77
12-27-2012, 07:36 AM
What about AC I ?

never played it unfortunately

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 07:38 AM
:eek: I can`t.............Believe it

TrueAssassin77
12-27-2012, 07:42 AM
:eek: I can`t.............Believe it

"BELIEVE IT!!!!"

-Naruto Uzimaki

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 07:44 AM
"BELIEVE IT!!!!"

-Naruto Uzimaki
Oh no God damm D:

Poodle_of_Doom
12-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Makes me wonder about all those goofy theories we kept saw popping up over the years. At that, a lot of people haven't played the first one. I wonder if the two are related?

ACfan443
12-27-2012, 06:48 PM

Play it, it's goood.

Gi1t
12-27-2012, 06:53 PM
AC2
AC1
Brotherhood

I felt like AC2 improved on having diverse content while still keeping the core working nicely. Even though I agree that a lot of games are more amazing in retrospect, I have to say, AC2 made a pretty big impact the first time. :D Brotherhood, however, seemed to drift away from the original core design and toward a deliberately indefinite future that's much heavier on content. That's wh I sort of lost interest.

ThiagoRichter
12-28-2012, 01:03 AM
In order, from favourite to least favourite:

AC II - It's simply amazing. I LOVE the italian setting, Ezio is extremely likeable, the story is the best, and the final sequence and how it made me feel will forever stick to me. The whole inflitrating the Sistine Chapel, attacking Rodrigo and the Minerva speech... That was brilliant. Also, the glyphs were AWESOME to explore. Discovering how all is connected in the AC universe and their version of the 'real world' was so superbly uncomfortable that it made me feel uneasy in the best way, if that makes sense.

ACB - I liked Rome very much, the city felt great to explore and the landmarks, just like AC II, are extremely accurate and detailed. I do agree that Tantrum-Cesare persona was a bit off, I couldn't get a sense of a plot, a mystery going on, as he was too... Blunt and forward. But the combat was mostly improved. And, again, the present day final mission was REALLY eerie and overall amazing.

AC I / AC III - AC I is atmospheric and awesomely mysterious. You are never quite sure of the motives behind your actions and the sense of being an actual assassin is very strong here. I do find it a bit repetitive, and I wasn't very eager to replay it when I first finished it back in the day, baffled as I was by the ending, but as I replayed it over and over again during the years, it's definitely grown on me.
AC III was a bit of the opposite. As I was very eager to find out what was going to happen next, I was extremely excited while playing through it, probably way more than any other instalment, but the overall story was the most disappointing to me. I thought it was patchy at times and some pieces of information just appeared to be of common knowledge to the characters, but it was never actually revealed to them. I am replaying it at the moment, and I am extremely bothered by things such as the revelation of Achiles' frame of Templars. Connor looks at Haytham's photo and goes all deep saying 'my father', to which Achilles replies something like 'Oh, yes, your father', as if he actually knew everything beforehand. HOW ON EARTH....??? And then, Connor sees Haytham live for the first time and goes all deep again, saying 'So, that's my father'... Come again? Some story elements were all over the place. The modern day story/gameplay was EXTREMELY disappointing, aside from the Abstergo mission, which was amazing, IMO. The whole Juno as the big bad was REALLY badly presented. In ACB, there was a slight hint of dislike in her speech and that was it, but here it was SO obvious it was almost childish: "GET ME THE KEY YOU FILTHY HUMAN YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF MY PRESENCE MY GIFTS YOU ARE BENEATH ME YOU ALL NEED TO PAY I AM GOING TO EXTERMIN- I mean, hurry up and all will be well:)"... Seriously? And the teletransporting Minerva at the end, the whole argument between those two extremely wise and powerful beings was quite honestly BAD. And the historical setting was not that appealing to me at all, the cities felt too... Generic, compared to the memorable landmarks and characteristics of the previous ones. All of that to say the game is great in MANY ways, the combat is great and refreshing, some missions are immense and the way we live through Connor since his conception is awesome. For me, this was a great game that was spoiled by bad storytelling choices. The modern setting was, from the get-go, extremely interesting to me and the way it was handled was overall disappointing, but I do think the whole Juno-is-free deal might be great to explore in future instalments (I was really excited with the hint of an AC game set in the First Civ era, during a conversation with Shaun, and I REALLY HOPE IT HAPPENS!). And it didn't exactly feel like an Assassin's Creed game as much as the others.

ACR - Constantinople is beautiful, the city really feels alive. The game was short, though, and there wasn't much emotional engagement here. Ezio was there to get the job done, to open the library. Sophia was not enough to make me feel involved, as I generally don't actually care for romantic entanglements in games at all. I like the game very much, as I am a true fan of the franchise as a whole since the beginning, but it was lacking a connection. I didn't care much for the characters at all, other than Ezio and Alta´r (the same thing happened to me in AC III, I wasn't particularly attached to any character other than Connor, KaniehtÝ:io and Haytham).

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 12:08 AM
ACII and ACIII tied on the first place.
ACI, Best setting, but repetitive gameplay
ACB, the story is very flat and linear.
ACR Its story and Constantinople could have made it higher on my list, but the side quests are almost non existent.

FrankieSatt
12-29-2012, 01:38 AM
ACII
ACI
Brotherhood
Revelations
ACIII

ACIII is definitly the worst of the series and it's a shame. The era wasn't a very good choice, the story line wasn't very good, Connor is the worst of the ancestors, the Desmond story line wasn't very good, the ending was the worst I've played, and no I haven't played ME3 so please don't bother mentioning that. Bottom line is that ACII is how AC games should be.

Jexx21
12-29-2012, 02:07 AM
AC3
AC2 Trilogy
AC1

burtie80
12-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Ac2
ac1
acb
acr
ac3

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Bottom line is that ACII is how AC games should be.
Horribly disagree...If they return to that, I may end up quitting the series.

AssassinVenice
12-29-2012, 06:24 AM
I agree with you on that. I wish the AC franchise moved on to an RPG kinda feel.

It's possible NOW due to the fact that a present day ONLY AC game is inevitable at the moment (let's just leave it at that ;D)

It removes the restrictive boundary of not being able to make choices.

You may disagree, but having played the Mass Effect trilogy, I understood how satisfying the outcome of your decision can be.

It's up to Ubisoft, really...

TrueAssassin77
12-29-2012, 06:36 AM
I think each game in the series shines in its own way:
AC1= The most... unmolested concept in the series if you understand my meaning.
AC2= The mission structure and the innovations! The music
ACB= The most fun game to simply play not taking into account story and such. Had the most replay value in the series
ACR= The best character devolpement in the series.
AC3= The best gameplay and graphics in the series! Most varied game, with the most side content.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 06:38 AM
a present day ONLY AC game is inevitable
I`m quitting the series... :|

No but seriously, If there is ANY shape the AC games structure and design should go back to, it should be be AC I...Imagine the freedom and thrill of AC I with the Gameplay and technical marvel of AC III.....WOW

Things such as the setting and story are a matter of personal taste, so I wont go through with those. An AC RPG does not sound so bad, though.....Only if it`s in the past :|

EvilEyor
12-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Assassins creed,Assassins creed 3, assassins creed 2, assassins creed Revalations, and Brotherhood

In order from greatest to least

Poodle_of_Doom
12-29-2012, 08:33 AM

I liked AC2, and I actually agree. And lets face it, we all know your not going anywhere.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I liked AC2, and I actually agree. And lets face it, we all know your not going anywhere.
I don't care if you agree..hell I don't care if the entire world agrees. I disagree. I think AC II had the Worst story, Worst pacing, Worst Combat and it was the start of the removal of my favorite aspects of the series.

AC III brought back actual investigations. They`re not close to AC I level by any means, but we actually had decent investigations in AC III. All they need is to add a lot more of those, Freedom and some variety spices to make it better. AC II is what all AC games should look like ?? Nooo Thanks...

And Yes, I can go. not that it matters in the bigger picture...There`re a lot of AWESOME games coming out next year...it`s not like AC is my favorite franchise...

TrueAssassin77
12-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't care if you agree..hell I don't care if the entire world agrees. I disagree. I think AC II had the Worst story, Worst pacing, Worst Combat and it was the start of the removal of my favorite aspects of the series.

AC III brought back actual investigations. They`re not close to AC I level by any means, but we actually had decent investigations in AC III. All they need is to add a lot more of those and some variety spices to make it better. AC II is what all AC games should look like ?? Nooo Thanks...

And Yes, I can go. not that it matters in the bigger picture...There`re a lot of AWESOME games coming out next year...it`s not like AC is my favorite franchise...

I never played AC1. But I hear that you infiltrate cities. Assassinate the target. And then escape the cities.
That seems way more fun then anything I did in AC2

Edit: Oh... and when people say AC2 had the best story i can honestly say id don't understand what they are talkingh about... really wasn't that good.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:49 AM
I never played AC1. But I hear that you infiltrate cities. Assassinate the target. And then escape the cities.
That seems way more fun then anything I did in AC2

Edit: Oh... and when people say AC2 had the best story i can honestly say id don't understand what they are talkingh about... really wasn't that good.
AC I...wow. (Highlight to see Spoilers) You are given a target`s name by Almualim and a little bit of his professional life, then you`d have to go to the Bureau leader in the designated city (Or start Investigations yourself) He gives the names of places where you should start your search, after that you`d have to Sync with a view point and find your Investigations. There`s Eavesdropping, Interrogation, pickpocketing or Informant who`ll usually ask a task of you before telling you what they know.

The information you end up with can range from Maps to Guard shifts to free-running structures to whereabouts to Events..etc after you`v accumulated what you believe is enough Information (Usually 3 types of Investigations are required. You can do more if you wish to know EVERYTHING like a true Assassin) You return to the Bureau leader and tell him what you know and he decides whether or not it`s enough and gives you leave to start your Assassination. The Area within which you`re given to Assassinate your created is ALWAYS full of stealth elements. more than 2 ways in, more than 2 ways out, more than 2 blending or hiding options, more than 3 ways to Assassinate...

TrueAssassin77
12-29-2012, 08:51 AM
AC I...wow. (Highlight to see Spoilers) You are given a target`s name by Almualim and a little bit of his professional life, then you`d have to go to the Bureau leader in the designated city (Or start Investigations yourself) He gives the names of places where you should start your search, after that you`d have to Sync with a view point and find your Investigations. There`s Eavesdropping, Interrogation, pickpocketing or Informant who`ll usually ask a task of you before telling you what they know.

The information you end up with can range from Maps to Guard shifts to free-running structures to whereabouts to Events..etc after you`v accumulated what you believe is enough Information (Usually 3 types of Investigations are required. You can do more if you wish to know EVERYTHING like a true Assassin) You return to the Bureau leader and tell him what you know and he decides whether or not it`s enough and gives you leave to start your Assassination. The Are within which you`re given to Assassinate your created is ALWAYS full of stealth elements. more than 2 ways in, more than 2 ways out, more than 2 blending or hiding options, more than 3 ways to Assassinate...

O.O
WTF happened with AC2?!

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:54 AM
O.O
WTF happened with AC2?!
Success....That`s what effing happened -__-

ALL they needed was tweaking...ALL they needed. but noooo they go and remove the entire premises and give us carnival pick pocketing... (Not saying that every other AC is perfect. Every other AC after the first is guilty of this, but at least AC III brought back a taste of AC I)

AssassinVenice
12-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Indeed. AC1 was a lot of fun, but Ubisoft removed the key features like investigations just to please the mainstream.

Video gaming has to "fall" like it did years ago (Nintendo revived it. :D) so that innovation keeps flowing in and staying as it is, instead of mutating into, well, CoD pretty much.

One example of an innovative developer is thatgamecompany, who made Flow, Flower, and Journey, with Journey winning GOTY awards at both Gamespot and IGN.

Anyways, back to AC. I thought that ACII was perfect in terms of general scope but it lacked the authentic graphics from it's predecessor, the storytelling was mediocre, and the combat felt stiff, compared to a more organic feel of AC1's combat.

ACB stands as my top game in the franchise due to good old memories, the amazing combat, the technical advances over it's predecessor, the location, but not the story. It was unbelievable and felt like it was there just to serve as a "link" to all the missions you had to do.

TrueAssassin77
12-29-2012, 09:59 AM
People claim the ultimate problem with AC3 is that it was mainstreamed...

seems to me, AC2 was the ultimate mainstreaming of the series...

double standards...

Gi1t
12-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Indeed. AC1 was a lot of fun, but Ubisoft removed the key features like investigations just to please the mainstream.

Anyways, back to AC. I thought that ACII was perfect in terms of general scope but it lacked the authentic graphics from it's predecessor, the storytelling was mediocre, and the combat felt stiff, compared to a more organic feel of AC1's combat.

ACB stands as my top game in the franchise due to good old memories, the amazing combat, the technical advances over it's predecessor, the location, but not the story. It was unbelievable and felt like it was there just to serve as a "link" to all the missions you had to do.

Honestly, I felt like the combat in all the AC games was pretty basic and the only feature that felt like a major evolution to me was that in AC2, you could hold a button to strafe quickly, which made the combat feel a lot more lively. Perhaps the reason AC1 felt more organic was because it didn't have as many extra features like taking weapons from guards etc. Things like that do have a tendency to feel pretty stiff. Then they got rid of that in Brotherhood in favor of that groin kick. -__- What they did with the guards in AC2 was a little bit of progress, but it was pretty minimal. They were still just as pathetic as always. AND Brotherhood? Same idiots, different outfits.

Looking back on it, I think what makes AC1's formulaic approach resonate even today was that focus on the Assassination itself. While I felt that a lot of AC2's assassinations were still very interesting and many were still open to unique methods, I suppose what AC2 brought to the table that it probably shouldn't have, was the presence of a LOT of non-assassination features. Those non-assassination objectives started to work their way into the assassinations themselves. With all the people helping you, it ceased to be a one-man operation and became more of a scripted event. I think it would have been better to introduce a target and then leave the player to contact Ezio's allies on their own for assistance. In a way, that rigid formula in AC1 kind of protected the assassinations from scripting despite being a bit scripted themselves.

People claim the ultimate problem with AC3 is that it was mainstreamed...

seems to me, AC2 was the ultimate mainstreaming of the series...

double standards...

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about the Ninja Gaiden series. XD (But that's neither here nor there.)

Poodle_of_Doom
12-29-2012, 06:37 PM
And Yes, I can go.

Just like you were going to leave the forums?

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Just like you were going to leave the forums?
Do you really want to go there ?? PM

FinlandRam
12-29-2012, 07:33 PM
I only have 1, 2 and 3, but the order is:
A C 3
A C 2
A C 1

IronEagl3
12-29-2012, 08:37 PM
AC1
AC2
AC3
ACR
ACB

Honestly though, AC2 and AC3 I think are equal. AC2 brings back many memories but I just beat AC3 so I guess you could say in time AC3 will bring back more.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Do you really want to go there ?? PM

Well, having had that explained to me, I'm an a-hole. I apologize, and meant nothing by it.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Well, having had that explained to me, I'm an a-hole. I apologize, and meant nothing by it.
don't worry about it..

You`re not an A-hole..

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:50 PM
AC1
AC2
AC3
ACR
ACB

Honestly though, AC2 and AC3 I think are equal. AC2 brings back many memories but I just beat AC3 so I guess you could say in time AC3 will bring back more.
I thought that too, ac1 and 2 feel sometimes better because they have that nostalgic feeling.

F0RTY SEVIN
12-29-2012, 09:06 PM
1. AC2 (Best overall experience for me... actually took advantage of social stealth frequently and it felt right)
2. AC3 (Best story and gameplay; too linear in its design and completely ditched social stealth)
3. ACR (Easiest story to follow and care for; clever tie in for Ezio and Altiar)
4. AC1 (Despite how fast it could grow old, I really miss the sandbox level design)
5. ACB (Played nearly identical to AC2 IMO but with a terrible story; pop in and texture loading was the worst of the series on my home console)

MT4K
12-29-2012, 09:11 PM
2. AC3 (Best story and gameplay; too linear in its design and completely ditched social stealth)

AC3 didn't ditch social stealth. It's just done a little differently. You can blend with any 2 people now and even act like you are talking with them or hanging out or even look over the food at a stall.

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Torn between II and III.......

ACIII has better story and gameplay, but ACII has the uber inmersive glyphs and Assassin Tombs.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:12 PM
AC3 didn't ditch social stealth. It's just done a little differently. You can blend with any 2 people now and even act like you are talking with them or hanging out or even look over the food at a stall,
I was going to say that :mad:

damm you beat me to it

F0RTY SEVIN
12-29-2012, 09:22 PM
AC3 didn't ditch social stealth. It's just done a little differently. You can blend with any 2 people now and even act like you are talking with them or hanging out or even look over the food at a stall.

yes you can... doesn't mean its effective and missions don't consider it in there design... but you can. Most missions are in zones where only guards are and there are zero options for social stealth. AC2 had missions at extravagant parties, crowded events, public executions... all of which the stealth you used was blending in. This is why the lack of a crouch button didn't hinder AC2. AC3 often has you on your own and awkardly running from bush to bush (can no one hear me sprinting??? really?)

It's obviously my opinion but I think we can agree that the emphasis on blending in was much weaker in AC3 even if it is still technically there.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:26 PM
much weaker in AC3 even if it is still technically there.
Nope...

It`s fairly emphasized in the story..What`s your Opinion is that you did not like it..but it`s there and it`s implemented thoroughly, although linearly.

F0RTY SEVIN
12-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Nope...

It`s fairly emphasized in the story..What`s your Opinion is that you did not like it..but it`s there and it`s implemented thoroughly, although linearly.

Okay then... name a situation or two other than eaves dropping or tailing where social stealth was a viable option. getting out of a chase doesn't count because that is after you have been seen and is essentially the exact same as a hay stack.

Also I should clarify: I don't find the lack of social stealth as a negative (it makes sense with the setting that guards would identify you quickly in both battles and when you are in an area you shouldn't be) the problem is that the game doesn't realize social stealth isn't as viable and fails to allow you to crouch behind waste high walls as well as move crouched. Basically it fails to allow you to be stealthy when crowds aren't around (which happens to be quite often)

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:40 PM
name a situation or two other than eaves dropping or tailing
Why the hell not ?????? THAT`S SOCIAL STEALTH TOO..

F0RTY SEVIN
12-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Why the hell not ?????? THAT`S SOCIAL STEALTH TOO..

yes it is social stealth (I'm not saying AC3 doesn't have social stealth, I'm saying its viability is lessened), but it was forced down your throat (there was no other way to approach it and it told you where to stand)... I'm taking it you can't name any others then?

MT4K
12-29-2012, 09:47 PM
yes it is social stealth (I'm not saying AC3 doesn't have social stealth, I'm saying its viability is lessened), but it was forced down your throat (there was no other way to approach it and it told you where to stand)... I'm taking it you can't name any others then?

I think it's more a mission design issue rather than a social stealth issue in that case then.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Hold up there, buddy. that`s not what you said. "Basically ditched Social stealth entirely" is what you said.. doesn't sound like (its viability is lessened) (I'm not saying AC3 doesn't have social stealth) yes you did..

And just because it takes different form than AC II (Parties and whatnot) does not mean it does not exist...So like I said, It`s there, you just did not like it..

It`s a matter of Design....and that`s a very poorly rated field in AC 3

F0RTY SEVIN
12-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Okay fine... if you have to be right... "the mission design" ditched social stealth entirely... I was just simply stating my reasons that it wasn't the best title IMO I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Okay fine... if you have to be right... "the mission design" ditched social stealth entirely... I was just simply stating my reasons that it wasn't the best title I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
Not offended...Just stating truths..and again, No..the correct phrase would be "I hated the design implementations of Social stealth" and in this case we agree

The Design in AC III does not entirely ditch Social Stealth

allutaa
12-29-2012, 11:02 PM
When talking just about story-line:
AC2 - ACR - AC - ACB - AB3

But overall:
AC2 - AC3 - ACR - ACB = AC

It would be nice if there was more Desmond.

sebyi546
12-30-2012, 09:59 AM
ac 2 - the story was so good
ac 3-all was nice except the story.. it wasnt so good like it was in ac 2
acb-the new combat was so nice if they would make ac 2 with acb combat and graphics i think that ac 2 would be the best game !
acr-it was short.. but the story was good tell us more about altair story and ezio
ac-played it just for the story

Doug-E-Fresh0126
02-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Definitely this order:
AC 3, AC 2, AC Brotherhood, AC 1, AC Revelations was so bad I feel bad putting it on the list with the other ones. Just the fact that the missions in AC 3 were actual events in history and i got to play in them was awesome. I wish Connor was a little more chilled out though, more like a young ezio, thats the only thing wrong, ac 2, ac brotherhood, and ac rev, were way too similar in missions and things you have to do, like buy shops, light or destroy towers, kill the bad guy, another thing awesome about 3 is that you can kill a guy at the back of the group without alerting the other guards in front, trust me i have tried extensively to do this in the other games and it cant be done like it is in 3, its more real, i love it. The den defense game in revelations was awful awful awful etc. the things i would change in 3, Connor more chill, I should be able to outrun any bad guy. The running up walls u didn't want to go up is like an ac trademark now so i guess thats ok, um the small glitches were annoying but ok, oh let me hunt and collect pelts through the whole game, i know u can hunt but when u skin u u dont get the pelts anymore after a certain point. I know some people wont agree but I dont think women should be assassins, especially back then when women weren't viewed as equal to men. Im sure i can keep going but i just hope they keep the future games more like 3.

Littleweasel
02-03-2013, 09:22 PM
the one i like the most is still AC1 since it is the one that started it all. they may have improoved the game with each new istallment a little but they will never be as good as the 1st one imo

Oddyysseus
10-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm fairly new to AC, tho I've played quite a lot of AC 1. Trouble is, I had a lot of difficulty with the controls (I'm on PC, keyboard & mouse), then ended up doing far too much naff horse riding trying to get to the next city, and being attacked by gangs of soldiers who seem able to run at the same speed as a galloping horse! So, I've given up on that one and moved on to AC II, much better.
However, I've still got some problems with controls. I've got to a part where I'm helping Mother and her artist friend, but I can't even pick up the bloody box! I think it's all this open hand/armed hand malarky, whoever came up with that must have an unnecessarily complex mind! :) Anyway, I figure there's enough experienced players on this forum, that someone can help me. It may be that there's a guide in the Animus somewhere, but that's pretty damn complex too, so I may have missed it. Thanx in advance. :)

Toa TAK
10-24-2013, 09:39 PM
AC III
ACR
AC I
ACB
AC II

This does not mean I necessarily that I "Hate" any of them...I love them all
You almost had this, just switch ACR with 1 and we're good.
And your reasons are exactly mine as well for why ACIII is my favorite. It's not perfect, but so many little things clicked for me.
ACR had a great setting, and sent off Ezio and Altair nicely.
AC1 is a game I wish could get a remake, I love the story, music, setting, everything. Just some more side mission variety and it would be great. It's the first that kick started everything in a big and mysterious way.

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 09:51 PM
AC III
AC L
AC R
AC 2 "Lost Sequences"
AC 2
AC B
AC B "Da Vinci Dissappearance"
AC DISCOVERY
AC 1
AC RECOLLECTION
AC BLOODLINES
AC PROJECT LEGACY
AC REARMED
AC ALTIER'S CHRONICLES
AC III "Tyanny of King Washington"
This doesn't mean i hate any of them
they all shaped the path forward for juno

Landruner
10-25-2013, 12:56 AM
ACB - Because Extended and improved the Gameplay for AC2 a total blast
AC2 - Because The game improved a lot since AC1 and presented a wonderful story, nice gameplay...
AC1 - Because Introduction to a new concept of gameplay and new kind of gameplay (Kinda repetitive and boring though) - they should make a remake of it
ACR - Because Well, too much expectation from that one and although I like it felt disappointed by its content - too short, weak story, no revelation, Desmond stuff were horrible, den defense...ect
AC3 - Because Although I really like it, but I just regret that Connor did not have enough consideration (22 memory blocks as an Adult Connor) I really like the story but I felt the last sequences 10 to 12 were rushed. I just wish that it could have been a director cut with more Connor material. I did not like both endings neither.

adventurewomen
10-25-2013, 01:13 AM
AC III
AC L
AC R
AC 2
AC B
AC DISCOVERY
AC 1
AC RECOLLECTION
AC BLOODLINES
AC PROJECT LEGACY
AC REARMED
AC ALTIER'S CHRONICLES
This doesn't mean i hate any of them
they all shaped the path forward for juno
Lol You forgot to mention ToKW.. I can't even take your list seriously now since you missed out one crucial DLC which was pratically a game itself - ToKW.

HiddenKiller612
10-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Ac1
acr
ac2
acb
ac3

zeo6016
10-25-2013, 01:35 AM
Ac2
acr
ac3
acb
ac1

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Lol You forgot to mention ToKW.. I can't even take your list seriously now since you missed out one crucial DLC which was pratically a game itself - ToKW.

Edited, It's at the very bottom of the list. ToKW was so un-assassins for me. Despite being able to "Fly around" I absolutely hated it.

Sigv4rd
10-25-2013, 01:56 AM
AC1/AC:R (don't make me choose!)
AC3 & TOKW
AC:B
AC2
-------------------

adventurewomen
10-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Edited, It's at the very bottom of the list. ToKW was so un-assassins for me. Despite being able to "Fly around" I absolutely hated it.
I disagree respectfully! Also you didn't need to write ACIII before ToKW. Why did you hate ToKW? Did you not understand?

I loved ToKW!

Flutterwhat
10-25-2013, 03:07 AM
I disagree respectfully! Also you didn't need to write ACIII before ToKW. Why did you hate ToKW? Did you not understand?

I loved ToKW!

I respect that you liked it.

It was extremely not assassin's creed
I hated how out of character Jefferson was. it was as though they just lazily put him in the game.
I hated how Franklin killed john adams...that was just stupid (and that john adams was only mentioned in this one part thoughout the whole of ac III. made me a bit bitter.)
The powers made the traditional AC gameplay useless. It cheapened everything to me. no so much the wolf power, but the eagle and bear ones were just plain game-breaking.
It was like mastering all the super powers in saints row IV, once you can zoom around the city at blazing fast speed and powerjumping and gluiding...who wants to drive a car anymore!?
I didn't like the premise, or execution of this alternate history farce.

While the ending to ToKW was intresting, seeing what was going on with connor and witnessing first hand the corruption of the apple, i hated the whole of it and am glad it's not cannonic

scooper121s
10-25-2013, 08:29 AM
*Because there are a couple of fairly detailed answers, mine will join those ranks*

Order:

Assassin's Creed 3

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed II

Reasoning:

Assassin's Creed III:

Assassin's Creed III brought back a lot from the first Assassin's Creed game, giving back some investigations, and even bringing back some of the good features from the Ezio Trilogy such as Assassin recruits and even implementing new systems for better experiences all round. Assassin's Creed 3 also featured the end of the Desmond story ark and, whilst not the best it could be, it was satisfying and leaves it open for more modern day story arks.

Assassin's Creed 3 also brought in a very deep character, on par with Altair Ibn La-Ahad, with Connor you can't just play with him for a couple of minutes and have know all about him, like Ezio, but didn't have it as though you couldn't know much about him till past the half-way point. He could also be seen to be deeper than Altair because you have to dig deep to learn about him, whereas Altair in the start was an arrogant ***** you saw him grow, change learn. Now while you can argue this was this same for Ezio, he really only changed between games, and for the most part in his games he stayed the same.

The story of Assassin's Creed 3 also has great depth such as Haytham and Connors relationship, Achilles, and much more. With Assassin's Creed II, and to a thankfully lesser extend the rest of the Ezio trilogy, the story remained mostly on the surface, not as many as say Assassin's Creed (the original) or Assassin's Creed 3.

Assassin's Creed:

The original Assassin's Creed game would have been first on the list, if not for it's mildly repetitive nature and the voice actor for Altair. The game was deep, and so were it's characters. The relationship between Altair and the others were interesting and realistic. The Templar's in the game weren't blatantly good nor evil, Neither were the Assassin's. As Shaun says "We're Assassin's, we kill people we aren't the good guys", or close to. The game is also what got me into history (really helped me when we were doing the Crusades in SOSE, lol). I would say more, but most of it would just be re-iterating Assassin's Creed 3, however there is one more thing to say on the topic, this is the game that started the adventure for me, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Assassin's Creed - The Ezio Trilogy:

Now here comes the double edged blade, the settings, the time period, is all well and good, however Ezio, he doesn't change much unless it's between games, he remains an arrogant ***** until brotherhood, and even then he is still a bit of a... womanizer to say the least. He does start growing on me sure, but he still didn't capture my interest the way Altair, and later Connor did. The games are very linear and you didn't have as much options as you did in the original and the game was just plain black and white. Their was no grey like the original and later Assassin's Creed III. Why I still enjoyed playing these games, they will never be high up on my list, even after over a dozen Assassin's Creed games have been made.

-----

Damn, longer than I really wanted but oh well, I made my point. Can't wait to be able to add new games to this list, but for now, this will do :cool:

poptartz20
10-25-2013, 08:42 AM
ahhh... I remember this thread from back when I first started the forums. *sheds a tear* Memories! Can't believe that was almost a year ago!? Then again.. we have people like M and Light Rey who think of member like me as just a bay. since they date from 2010 and back. :|

anyways back on topic.

AC3
AC1/AC2
ACB
ACR

a part of me wishes I would have just played the numbers 1-3 no "filler" granted it was all important but it wasn't.

kesh_362
10-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Ac2
ac3
acb
ac1
acr

riftsNglyphs
10-25-2013, 06:12 PM
so many people with acr and ac iii as their favorite
woooooow, so many dumb people here

Toa TAK
10-25-2013, 08:06 PM
so many people with acr and ac iii as their favorite
woooooow, so many dumb people here

Uh huh. Keep talking.

xboxauditore
10-25-2013, 09:35 PM
AC1
AC3
AC2
AC:B
AC:R

I don't hate the lower ones, I just love the others much more.

LatinaC09
10-26-2013, 04:21 AM
AC2
AC3 (it's literally almost tied with AC2)
AC1
ACB
ACR

VitaminsXYZ
10-26-2013, 05:39 AM
AC3
AC2
AC1 = ACR
ACB

ACR was great, and honestly should've been ACB's story.
AC2 was probably the most fun to play, as in there weren't very many parts where it felt tedious. What really got me was the setting. I loved the different cities and towns you could travel to, the ambient music that accompanies it, the side characters (Leonardo!!), and the mystery revolving around the tombs, glyphs, etc.
Gonna have to disagree with others saying it had the best story though. I still liked it, but it was a pretty stereotypical revenge plot. I just...don't see what was so "deep" about it.

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 06:31 AM
AC2.
ACR.
ACB.
AC1.
*Daylight*
AC3.

TJ_Wylde
10-26-2013, 07:04 AM
I waited till i got my hands on AC4 to give my list. But yeah i'm 100% sure now.

AC4
AC1 (was new and innovative then so deserves this spot)
AC2
ACB
ACR
AC3

I just loved Ezio and his personality that's why i put his series before 3. If it wasn't for ezio i'd have put 3 before it tbh.

lofe_is_great
11-28-2013, 05:24 PM
always ac1 alta´r is a baddass no one can beat him up.

Hans684
11-28-2013, 08:49 PM
1. Acivbf & acr.

2. Ac3l.

3. Ac1.

4. Ac2.

5. Acb.

MadJC1986
11-28-2013, 11:06 PM
1. Ac3
2. Ac1
3. Ac2
4. Acr
5. Ac4
6. Acb

egriffin09
11-29-2013, 01:04 AM
1. AC2
2. AC IV:BF
3. AC:B
4. AC III
5. AC:R
6. AC I

Eventhough I put AC IV:BF 2nd, it is a very, very, close 2nd to AC II.

Assassin_M
11-29-2013, 01:35 AM
After finally finishing ACBF

ACBF
AC III/ AC I
ACR
ACB
AC II

Shahkulu101
11-29-2013, 01:50 AM
After finally finishing ACBF

ACBF
AC III/ AC I
ACR
ACB
AC II

Ah, you finished! :)

So, DAT ending, eh? Darby really outdone himself this time - terrific writer. This story will stay with me for a long time.

Assassin_M
11-29-2013, 01:54 AM
Ah, you finished! :)

So, DAT ending, eh? Darby really outdone himself this time - terrific writer. This story will stay with me for a long time.
It's a great story...the ending was awesome, Edward is awesome and the entire cast was pretty good. the story itself did not top AC III/ ACI for me, but it had its awesome moments...its story is second to those, but it's a VERY close second....AC is friggin back...i'll be doing a review sometime later

Shahkulu101
11-29-2013, 02:02 AM
It's a great story...the ending was awesome, Edward is awesome and the entire cast was pretty good. the story itself did not top AC III/ ACI for me, but it had its awesome moments...its story is second to those, but it's a VERY close second....AC is friggin back...i'll be doing a review sometime later

Hmmm....nah it's my favourite. :p

AC3's story was great, but plagued with poor plot pacing, bad presentation yada yada... I won't get into it, there's been too much of that already - lets just celebrate AC4's rousing success, all hail Lord Ashraf, guy wasn't lying. Remember you kept saying he we were being too optimistic?... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the review then. ;)

Megas_Doux
11-29-2013, 02:04 AM

Hey bro!

Glad you are back, looking forward to that review.

Kagurra
11-29-2013, 02:07 AM
AC4.

As for characters, loved them, especially Edward, except for (Spoilers...?) Mary.

Sushiglutton
11-29-2013, 02:16 AM
AC4:BF, it's one of my favourite games of all times tbh. First AC in which I found stealth to be really enjoyable and there are so many opportunities for it. Naval is a blast and I love the variation of going from exploration to naval to stealth. The world is the most stunning I have ever encountered in a game. If you have ever visited Sweden in November you would know what a joy it is to explore the Caribbbean :D.

There are a couple of things I thought were a bit problematic (too many tailing missions probably being the biggest one), but I can easily forgive them when so much is so fantasic.

SixKeys
11-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Not having finished the game yet, I won't rate AC4 just yet. I must admit I'm finding the story a bit lacking, which is one of the only downsides (albeit a pretty important one).