PDA

View Full Version : End of Bloodline? *spoilers*

Skorged Ice
12-24-2012, 11:02 AM
We all know what happens at the end of ACIII and how Desmond's tale comes to a close. It isn't pretty and its highly lacking any real purpose other than feeling as if everything ever done in the AC-world was a wasted opportunity. Altair, Ezio, Connor and the Brotherhood -- everything ended in one strike. Desmond's training, purpose and his team -- all left behind for no reason other than allowing the world to survive and Juno to walk. Cliffhanger ending, yes, but an ending Desmond deserved? No.

I think Ubisoft will continue the AC story without Desmond onto the next-gen like so:

- Animus synced to cloud at end of AC3.

- Abstergo ships Animus-entertainment system to the public.

- Erudito-group hack Animus-entertainment system for their own use.

- Sync to cloud allows anyone non-affiliated with bloodline to live-through memories.

- No Desmond. No Assassin. No bloodline.

A way for Ubisoft to not restrict themselves to an Assassin-ancestor in the future (modern times) or the bloodline (past) but allow them to create new characters to use. Kill Desmond off and create a new main character that doesn't need to be an Assassin or apart of the Brotherhood or bloodline to re-live memories. I do not wish to see this change through. Desmond is the soul of the AC series and to get rid of him like AC3 did and move onto someone else... well I don't support such a change.

Thoughts?

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Can you PLEASE search before you make a thread ??

apresmode
12-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Why? So he can get chastised by someone for resurrecting an old thread? You have no need to read or reply to every post. Hyperbole? Yes, but the sentiment remains the same. If others want to discuss this in this thread let them go ahead and do so. When there's 100 threads about the same thing it's annoying, but we're not running out of sheets of paper here.

I think it's good to free themselves from the bloodline restrictions, but they shouldn't have done it in Desmond's story. They already kind of ran out that story for better or worse. A new one could be fun to follow too. I think Desmond will still be in there somewhere. I just hope they try to keep it fun, and keep improving the gameplay and focus on actually letting the players play a game weather than a movie.

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Why? So he can get chastised by someone for resurrecting an old thread? You have no need to read or reply to every post. Hyperbole? Yes, but the sentiment remains the same. If others want to discuss this in this thread let them go ahead and do so. When there's 100 threads about the same thing it's annoying, but we're not running out of sheets of paper here.

Tell that to the mods who are actually doing the work to try and keep the first page uncluttered by copies of the same topic...

And no one chastises people when they resurrect old topics for valid reasons. look at the first page, you`ll find some old ones with no one being "chastised"

And hell, talk about Desmond will be in old topics ?? There is more than 5 in the hints and tips and more than a few here

Vex_Assassin
12-25-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm sure what the OP has to say is interesting... but the font? Seriously? Gave up on reading the post.