PDA

View Full Version : Was Desmond in Revelations originally awesome.

ToughGuy31
12-23-2012, 03:41 AM
I was watching the teaser video for Desmond in Revelations and I noticed something. It was REALLY different. So different, it lead me to believe they were originally in third person like everything else. A lot of things are similar, but we can clearly see Desmonds character Model, during gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8
In game, you can not see Desmonds model at all, unless on animus island or with the Desmond skin. Not only that, but at the end of the video, we see Desmond banging on a door, like a cutscene or something. The blocks are still there, but I think the gameplay would've been in third person, and changed later. What do you think?

LoyalACFan
12-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Yeah, they had some really crazy stuff planned for Desmond's parts, like Lucy chasing him around in a wedding dress. Apparently, the content that eventually became "Desmond's Journey" would have revealed the Lucy-Templar plot twist, but Amancio pulled the plug on it and it was released as DLC. Which is part of the reason I can't stand Alex Amancio.

infamous_ezio
12-23-2012, 07:07 AM
It's the same island as the one in TLA, it was said that originally desmond was suppose to view clay's memories to find out about lucy, but it was released as DLC...

dewgel
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah, that totally ruined Revelations for me. The Desmond bits were absolutely awful. Like, seriously bad. There was so much more they could've done. Even if each portal / gate he went through just had a 3 minute cutscene (in the style of the AC3 Opening Video) explaining some backstory, I'd have liked that. And Animus Island was so crap. That place was pointless. At least put collectables, or explorable stuff there, or let Clay wander freely. Anything. The whole thing was lazy from the start, I mean, Desmond could even pull out an invisible hidden blade. When you tried climbing the rocks in the island they're treat like invisible walls.

pacmanate
12-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Revelations was a pile of ****. The fact that the Desmond missions were optional was stupid too, probably because they were crap. I guess one argument for seeing Desmond in that trailer is that you arent seeing it from his view, but when you play its through his eyes. Although that argument is kinda stupid because he has no hands or legs, but DOES have a shadow which makes me believe he is a blob. They really funked up the Desmond bits.

ToughGuy31
12-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah, they had some really crazy stuff planned for Desmond's parts, like Lucy chasing him around in a wedding dress. Apparently, the content that eventually became "Desmond's Journey" would have revealed the Lucy-Templar plot twist, but Amancio pulled the plug on it and it was released as DLC. Which is part of the reason I can't stand Alex Amancio.
That's awesome, but seriously, I forgot to mention something that makes me really think Desmond was in third person. Go try this at home. In revelations, put on the Desmond skin, alert some guards with guns or bombs or something ON THE ROOFTOPS. Now, stand near the edge, and when you get shot as DESMOND, he will fall of like Ezio, except he SCREAMS. Ezio and Altiar only do normal grunts, They don't Scream like Desmond. Then I started thinking, why would they program that in if no one is going to see it. It was funny the first time, but only Desmond screams a manly scream.It made me think maybe there was some obstacle that would push Desmond off a ledge, and he would scream. Go try it, and you will see it's COMPLETLY different to every other characters normall grunt.

ToughGuy31
12-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Revelations was a pile of ****. The fact that the Desmond missions were optional was stupid too, probably because they were crap. I guess one argument for seeing Desmond in that trailer is that you arent seeing it from his view, but when you play its through his eyes. Although that argument is kinda stupid because he has no hands or legs, but DOES have a shadow which makes me believe he is a blob. They really funked up the Desmond bits.
Yeah, but you cannot see his model at all, even when the camera pans out.

pacmanate
12-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah, but you cannot see his model at all, even when the camera pans out.

I know, I meant in the trailer... If the Desmond sections were DESMOND and not a floaty blob it would have been better. The reason why Desmond wasn't well recieved was because he wasn't properly utilised. Revelations was the best time to do so, but by making it first person they ruined it.

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 08:58 AM
U all mad, because you can`t spawn cubes like Dessie

pacmanate
12-24-2012, 08:52 PM
U all mad, because you can`t spawn cubes like Dessie

I could if I was in the Animus and if it was real.

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I could if I was in the Animus and if it was real.
You`re too English...the Animus is American....it`s designed to troll English people

moron4666
12-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Could you post a link to an interview or video that talks about the original desmond's journey and the lucy in wedding dress. I can't find it anywhere

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Could you post a link to an interview or video that talks about the original desmond's journey and the lucy in wedding dress. I can't find it anywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUtjtZPNxw

ACfan443
12-26-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUtjtZPNxw

That was VERY interesting, especially the bit about 'the truth'...

EDIT: it makes me really happy that he said non of the stuff in the truth has been forgotten.

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 01:08 AM
That was VERY interesting, especially the bit about 'the truth'...

EDIT: it makes me really happy that he said non of the stuff in the truth has been forgotten.
Just to reassure everyone that some things were perhaps NOT for AC III...

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2012, 07:44 AM
It would've been 10000000 times better in 3rd person even though I understand the fact that they wanted to draw attention to the backdrops not Desmond himself.

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 08:48 AM
It would've been 10000000 times better in 3rd person even though I understand the fact that they wanted to draw attention to the backdrops not Desmond himself.
I think one of the main reasons I liked it was because it was first person. It felt different..Something more Innovative as simple as it was..Like a music concert...You know ?? Not many people would appreciate a beautiful, short Concert of music, but I felt it was actually the most beautiful thing ever made in Assassins Creed and It makes me sad that the fan reaction to it led to those being scrapped..