PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS ind Boston

jim99x
12-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I know there al ot of other posts about the same issue,but I just wanted to post mine too and maybe get some official attention.So here it goes:
I just arrived in Boston and the FPS is terrible.My rig:

Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @2.66GHz
Radeon HD 6950 2GB
4GB RAM

I know my system is a bit dated,but I can play games like BF3,Crysis 2,The Witcher 2,MOHW on everything maxed out with little or no FPS drops.Currently,only two games are causing problems,Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 which both happen to be Ubisoft games.So,as a lot of other people suggest,I think it is and optimization problem.What can I do to improve perfomane until Ubisoft releases a patch(if they do)?

al-Assas
12-21-2012, 06:15 PM
I know there al ot of other posts about the same issue,but I just wanted to post mine too and maybe get some official attention.So here it goes:
I just arrived in Boston and the FPS is terrible.My rig:

Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @2.66GHz
Radeon HD 6950 2GB
4GB RAM

I know my system is a bit dated,but I can play games like BF3,Crysis 2,The Witcher 2,MOHW on everything maxed out with little or no FPS drops.Currently,only two games are causing problems,Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 which both happen to be Ubisoft games.So,as a lot of other people suggest,I think it is and optimization problem.What can I do to improve perfomane until Ubisoft releases a patch(if they do)?

What resolution? What settings? What minimum and average FPS?

jim99x
12-21-2012, 06:20 PM
What resolution? What settings? What minimum and average FPS?
Sorry,I forgot that part.My resolution is 1920x1080,every setting is set on normal and I think that my FPS is below 20,since the game is unplayble.

lorik2010
12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Sorry,I forgot that part.My resolution is 1920x1080,every setting is set on normal and I think that my FPS is below 20,since the game is unplayble.

Sorry but you have AMD/ATI and users with these cards are all experiencing low fps so you got two alternatives, either play as it is or ***** about it at ubisoft support by sending a ticket

jim99x
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Sorry but you have AMD/ATI and users with these cards are all experiencing low fps so you got two alternatives, either play as it is or ***** about it at ubisoft support by sending a ticket

Please,only post helpful replies.

al-Assas
12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
You should have more than 25 average FPS, so maybe one of the tricks that others wrote about could help you. Read the relevant threads.

jim99x
12-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I tried all of them,but none worked.When is Ubisoft planning to release a patch anyway?

al-Assas
12-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I tried all of them,but none worked.When is Ubisoft planning to release a patch anyway?

There's no reason to believe or any indication that there will ever be a patch that improves the performance of the game. AMD will very probably come out with some improvements in their graphics driver sometime in the next months. My advice is to buy a better CPU or play a different game.

jim99x
12-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Seems like I'll spend the holidays playing BF3.IMO people should aks for refunds if Ubisoft doesn't do something to fix this problem until mid January.

YazX_
12-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Seems like I'll spend the holidays playing BF3.IMO people should aks for refunds if Ubisoft doesn't do something to fix this problem until mid January.

Well from what i know, its AMD driver fault not game's fault, because most ppl have this issue own AMD cards, so check AMD forums and see what they are saying about it.

BzkGB
12-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Well from what i know, its AMD driver fault not game's fault, because most ppl have this issue own AMD cards, so check AMD forums and see what they are saying about it.

Yet the problem still affects many with Nvidia video cards, too. So yes, it is Ubisoft's fault.

niemtoor
12-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM and my rig is high end. my FPS never dropped below 61 before arriving in Boston. My FPS was usually 61-105 all the time in opera, and ship. As soon as I arrived in Boston OMFG I saw a sudden drop to 45 I was like it's fine as it was still playable. Follwed the NPC and as soon as he started running and I tried to follow him the game stuttered and the FPS RAPIDLY DROPPED TO 32!!! 32 FFS!!! This is totally unacceptable, we had to wait a full month for a PC version and it turns out to be another lousy console port -.- I should have known. My hardware should be able to EASILY push 60+ FPS in this game at ALL TIMES with everything at Ultra.

My rig:

I5 3570K at 4.4Ghz
Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP overclocked (310.70 Driver -latest)
Asus Sabertooth z77 motherboard (latest Bios)
8GB Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
OCZ Agility 3 SSD as boot drive
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM as Games drive

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

All latest motherboard drivers installed

Funny029
12-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM and my rig is high end. my FPS never dropped below 61 before arriving in Boston. My FPS was usually 61-105 all the time in opera, and ship. As soon as I arrived in Boston OMFG I saw a sudden drop to 45 I was like it's fine as it was still playable. Follwed the NPC and as soon as he started running and I tried to follow him the game stuttered and the FPS RAPIDLY DROPPED TO 32!!! 32 FFS!!! This is totally unacceptable, we had to wait a full month for a PC version and it turns out to be another lousy console port -.- I should have known. My hardware should be able to EASILY push 60+ FPS in this game at ALL TIMES with everything at Ultra.

My rig:

I5 3570K at 4.4Ghz
Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP overclocked (310.70 Driver -latest)
Asus Sabertooth z77 motherboard (latest Bios)
8GB Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
OCZ Agility 3 SSD as boot drive
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM as Games drive

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

All latest motherboard drivers installed

Wow... Only a drop to 32? You are so sad.
I have a drops to 9 fps, you shouldn't whine.

hitman47222
12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow... Only a drop to 32? You are so sad.
I have a drops to 9 fps, you shouldn't whine.

He has a GTX 680.. The lowest FPS drop he is used to is prolly like 50 FPS lol. Anywyaz i was gonna buy a GTX 660 to play this game thinking that something is wrong with AMD cards but turns out i wont since peeps with even 680 are also having problems