PDA

View Full Version : Its been almost a month now!

rmartinezdl
12-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I beated Far Cry 3, Just started playing Dishonored, downloaded BF3 aftermath, and well I still cant play Assassins Creed 3.

*Note to self: dont ever buy a AnviiSux game again. And thinking I missed Blands 2 because of ac3!

UbiHawk1ns
12-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Greetings! Would you mind describing the issue? Would like to help you if I can.

danierukun
12-21-2012, 03:07 AM
He's most likely referring to the ongoing FPS disappointment on the PC-platform.

I've already created a ticket, but here's a general summary (also what I reported in my ticket):

As you're probably aware of the issue already, the FPS on AC3 is... Quite horrible... People found that the game isn't optimized for quad-core++ processors, and therefor not utilizing the performance of the CPU correctly.

There's a thread over at the AMD forums stating this:

"The Good:

Works the same on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Above average graphics, especially on characters.
Good controls.
Visual difference between low and high settings are minimal while still having a big performance improvement.

The Bad:

Poor CPU/threading optimization which leads to CPU bottlenecks.
In-game Anti-Aliasing cripples performance.
Low amount of IQ settings.
Graphical artifacts.
Character popping.
Other missions related bugs.

CPU and Cores Comparison

Even though the engine was updated to support DirectX 11 features that should reduce CPU usage and improve general performance, it’s not really the case. The previous Assassins Creed title (Revelations) has the exact same issues as the latest one. Having a lot of NPCs (Non Player Characters) requires calculations for the AI that are done by the CPU, this increases the CPU needs of the game and pretty much cancels the lower CPU usage achieved by using the DirectX 11 API.

The CPU / GPU Usage Table doesn’t tell the whole story. In NPC infested areas, the GPU usage can go down to about 85%, even with the 2500k OC’ed to 4.5 Ghz and with the full number of cores enabled. That’s because the game doesn’t utilize the CPU properly, you’ll see what I mean in a second.

AMD Catalyst Drivers Comparison

Using different drivers won’t change a thing while playing Assassins Creed 3. As long as the threading optimizations remains the same, display drivers can’t improve performance."
- http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&threadid=162336&enterthread=y

Surely I believe you've noticed the 80 page thread, but if not:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727804-Low-fps-in-some-locations-probably-found-a-reason

My system specs:

Windows 7 pro
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6970
AMD FX-8150 overclocked to 4.6 Ghz
16 GB DDR3 memory @ 1600 Mhz

With my system specs I'm getting around 25 FPS average with crossfire enabled,
My AMD cards are only using about 30% of their capacity.
My CPU however isn't exactly reflecting the stuff written in the AMD forum.
Six out of Eight cores seem to be running active at around 70-90% of their capacity, but two cores seem to be inactive the whole time.

When using only one card, I seem to have a general FPS is around 30 or so.
My GPU is only about 60% active, and my CPU is running around 70% over six out of eight cores.

So, is there gonna be anything fixing our performance issue?
Or is the answer gonna be: Get a more powerful system?.
We've all been fondling around in the blind here, and we sorely need some answers..
My suggestion, like many others, would be to give us more control over the graphical settings..

Level of detail/Draw distance slider, NPC limiter, Tessellation on/off, HBAO on/off, Detailed tree limiter, water quality, water reflection..
A little more control over our graphical features.
Sadly, we all want to have the best experience with AC3 as physically possible, but unless the game is better optimized or something, we won't be able to play it how you want us to enjoy it.

I got contacted by someone named Paul the 11th of December, and uploaded a san-tool scan, and haven't heard anything since the 14th of December.

rmartinezdl
12-21-2012, 07:07 AM
First of all thanks for taking some time, now, yes my issue is Framerate related.

Now, i have submitted my ticket, same response as always drivers, etc.

I have uploaded several videos comparing Far Cry 3 peformance agains AC3, I have tested all settins on AC3 from 800x600 to 1080p, and always 22-26 fps when I look to my mission icon, in other areas 30+ fps.

As I said far cry 3 ran flawlessly in DX11, AA of 2x, 1024x600, low preset.

Also not even vsync option on AC3, please, I preordered, was so excited and boom cant play.

Thanks!

SPECS: I5 460M 2.8 GHZ, AMD RADEON 5650 1 GB, RGB RAM, W7X64

RyanEBlack
12-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Specs:

2500K@4.5GHz
8GB RAM
Win 7

FPS issues in this game are ridiculous. The game is only utilizing maybe 70-80% of my GPU which causes masses FPS problems at 1920x1080. Dips down to 30FPS in some areas because of this issue. Its not drivers, its not because the GPU is overclocked, it has nothing to do with fan voltages, its because the game is not optimized at all and needs to be fixed ASAP, before Ubisoft loses a ton of PC customers for their future titles.

rmartinezdl
12-24-2012, 07:27 AM
fix it please!