PDA

View Full Version : New ability #4 - Crippling

Aza404
12-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Ah, those Necros… If they’re not making other people feel rotten about life, they’re just in the process of rotting themselves. They’re always bugging other factions, and quite frankly, this is what makes the Necropolis faction so satisfying to play.

Well this isn’t about to change with the new Crippling ability.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/spinner.png

Yep! More counters! But these don’t kill. Instead, they’ll transform a terrifying monster into a useless blob of flesh. Every time the Moonsilk Spinner does combat damage, 2 Crippling counters appear on her victim. For every counter, the victim loses 1 attack and 1 retaliation point.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Nec1.JPG

And of course, the counters come into play before the victim can deal retaliation damage ;)

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Nec2.JPG

This Spinner is one of the rare creatures in the back lines of the battlefield not to be immune to retaliation. But with Crippling, does it really need to be?

The strategy behind this new ability is different from infection. On one hand, your victims will not die from their counters. But on the other hand, a useless creature in your opponent’s army can quickly become a real nuisance for him. Why kill a Demented with 0 attack if it will then free up an extra spot on the battlefield for Juggernaut? And what will happen if the whole field is full of other such useless creatures?
Your opponent can no longer deploy creatures and should be a much easier prey!

Simon_V, Game Designer

leonid1995927
12-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Just to make a note, they can still block with these creatures, so they aren't that helpless.

The counters coming into play before retaliation gives these some redeeming qualities, however.

Zyxess
12-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I love how a Ravager was (apparently) deployed into the Moonsilk Spider, and the spider is still going to die and leave a 4/2/2 Ravager.
Not exactly a situation I would have used as an example...

I'm fairly excited about Moonsilk Skeleton though. (melee, 2 resources, 2 might, 2/1/3, crippling 1)

Thanisse
12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
the moonsilk skeleton is indeed nice , but spider seems a bit off to me .
I would have prefered it either had more health and no retaliation or something along those lines .

5 health seems just to small for a defensive creature

I love the cripple counters though , and the spell that makes them is absolutely genius in ariana :P

MoritzBradtke
12-20-2012, 04:39 PM
the moonsilk skeleton is indeed nice , but spider seems a bit off to me .
I would have prefered it either had more health and no retaliation or something along those lines .

5 health seems just to small for a defensive creature

Well, he got the same stats as the warrior seraph, also a 4-4 card,
crippling 2 is better as regen II, of course, i woud say so at last.
However, some cards seem to be more powerful than others and while the seraph is pretty weak
this card should still have its uses, i would call it decent-good.

Thanisse
12-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Well, he got the same stats as the warrior seraph, also a 4-4 card,
crippling 2 is better as regen II, of course, i woud say so at last.
However, some cards seem to be more powerful than others and while the seraph is pretty weak
this card should still have its uses, i would call it decent-good.

as I said :P
never said it's bad , just that it's not as good as I would have liked :P

the atk and retaliation are ok , but I would have prefered 1 or both of those retaliations to go to life .
nothing else , I am aware how powerful the skill itself is .

also , Aza , if youread this :P !
reccommend the Devs to put cripple counters on creatures that place them as they come into play , like that dark spell does .
that's would be a much more elegant way to combine it with poison :P , but it's just an idea