PDA

View Full Version : Connor should get a dog!

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I've been thinking what if instead of the recruits Connor had a dog? I mean like a big wolfdog kind of dog. Here are my ideas for how that would work in gameplay:

Hunting:
-The dog can track animals.
-The dog can signal when a predator is nearby.
-The dog can fetch small animals like rabbits, or birds after you shoot them.
-The dog can circle around and drive animals towards you.

Stealth:
-You can order the dog to take a certain position and stand there and bark attracting guards.
-The dog can walk up to a guard and pee on his leg. The guard will angrily chase after the dog, allowing you to sneak by.
-You can order the dog to sit, or run away anytime you like so he doesn't get in the way.
-If you let the dog smell something that belongs to your target he can track it for you.
-The "don't mind me, I'm just out walking my dog"-blend ;).
-The dog can sneak into tight areas and perhaps fetch a key.

Combat:
-Typically the dog is not involved in combat.
-You can however order the dog to grab one of the guards, effectively freezing him up. This can be used strategically to freeze up a more difficult guard allowing you to take out the easier ones first.

Platforming:
- Dogs are not that great climbers, so I think he should stay on the ground while Connor monkey around. This could also be a good way to lock the dog out of some story/side missions.
- The dog can obviously jump over low obstacles and get around in the wild.

Story:
-Connor is not really a peoples person. I think a dog would give Ubi a chance to develop a more gentle, likeable side to his character.
-A dog following Connor would make a lot more sense than six full grown humans that just appears out of thin air.
- When my recruits lure the guards in the opposite direction that I wanted (right towards my target) I get a bit annoyed. If my dog did the same I would be more like, "well he's just a dog".

What do you think :)?

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I already have a dog named Bobby, he hangs out in the homestead with me. I would never put him in danger!

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 11:34 AM
I already have a dog named Bobby, he hangs out in the homestead with me. I would never put him in danger!

Pretty sure just hanging around the Homestead gets boring. You should let him out a bit. Besides there are some pretty female dogs in Boston ;).

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Pretty sure just hanging around the Homestead gets boring. You should let him out a bit. Besides there are some pretty female dogs in Boston ;).

I would actually walk him around Boston and such, I love simulating daily life in immersive games. The idea of hunting with my Bobby sounds pretty awesome as well, but I highly doubt Ubisoft will add anything like that. So I'll just have to continue wandering around the Homestead with my Bobby.

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 01:37 PM

Same :S

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I would actually walk him around Boston and such, I love simulating daily life in immersive games. The idea of hunting with my Bobby sounds pretty awesome as well, but I highly doubt Ubisoft will add anything like that. So I'll just have to continue wandering around the Homestead with my Bobby.

They could add it for the sequel next year hehe.

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 01:45 PM
By the way, in my fanfic the protagonist has a dog too. I'm gonna patent the idea. xD

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Same :S

You call your dog Bobby too? Why would you rather have six dirty bar brawlers, than one awesome, loyal dog to accompany u on your journey? You want a dog, I know it :D!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/287991856/ceskoslovensky_vlcak__czechoslovakian_wolfdog__by_ wazniaki-d4rgnxs.png

tarrero
12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Good idea! Hard to implement though.

ze_topazio
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
He should get a Velociraptor.

SixKeys
12-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I was disappointed during the mission where Prudence is missing, her husband tells Connor to track her down and says "take the dog with you, he has a good nose". I was expecting the dog to actually help track her down, like in RDR, but the dog does absolutely nothing. I'd be all for having a guard dog on the Homestead that can help sniff out enemies or help out with hunting. Besides those two functions the dogs shouldn't do anything, so no combat and no peeing on guards. It would get silly having an animal sidekick everywhere you go (the assassin turkey is an exception ;) ).

rocketxsurgeon
12-19-2012, 04:59 PM
I really love the idea (:
Think a dog would be an awesome companion for Connor.

medavroog
12-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I've been thinking what if instead of the recruits Connor had a dog? I mean like a big wolfdog kind of dog.

Well, "a big wolfdog kind of dog" as you stated sounds to be a "husky" to me. I am fine with Connor having a husky; however, not at the expense of the recruits.

Hunting:

These sounds good to me...

Stealth:

I do not like this idea because this feature can make the game-play too easy at certain situations; however, it is just my own personal biased dislike, not saying the idea has no merits of its own.

Combat:
-You can however order the dog to grab one of the guards, effectively freezing him up. This can be used strategically to freeze up a more difficult guard allowing you to take out the easier ones first.

Sounds good to me...

Platforming:
- Dogs are not that great climbers, so I think he should stay on the ground while Connor monkey around. This could also be a good way to lock the dog out of some story/side missions.
- The dog can obviously jump over low obstacles and get around in the wild.

Perhaps Connor can get a "hawk" to answer the short-comings which the canine is not able to perform?

zMrFahrenheit
12-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Even in the Homestead, how you guys have a dog? :O

BATISTABUS
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
From the King Washington preview it seems like Connor could possibly get some kind of canine companion.

Regardless, there's always the trusty Assassin turkey ;)

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 06:54 PM
I was disappointed during the mission where Prudence is missing, her husband tells Connor to track her down and says "take the dog with you, he has a good nose". I was expecting the dog to actually help track her down, like in RDR, but the dog does absolutely nothing. I'd be all for having a guard dog on the Homestead that can help sniff out enemies or help out with hunting. Besides those two functions the dogs shouldn't do anything, so no combat and no peeing on guards. It would get silly having an animal sidekick everywhere you go (the assassin turkey is an exception ;) ).That dog was a disgrace to all canines and should in no way be confused with what I'm suggesting :mad:! Hunting takes for the most part place out in the frontier. It would be dumb if Connor at least couldn't take his dog out there. Maaaybe not allow him in the cities, but I don't really see the point in that. Was the peeing too slapstick for ya :D? Ok maybe the dog can just grab the guards rifle, or maybe bite him in the leg or something and then run away. I think the recruits are way sillier than a dog would be. I mean it makes no sense that six guys in funny hats follow Connor everywhere, ready to appear and lure a guard anytime he waves his hand. It's super silly and tbh a bit creepy too. A dog on the other hand would make perfect sense for a character like Connor. Like I said the dog should be able to take care of himself, so when you feel it's getting too much you can just send him away to do his dog business. Dogs have been hunting companions to man for thousands of years, it's time they join the creed ;)!

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 06:55 PM
I really love the idea (:
Think a dog would be an awesome companion for Connor.

Thanks :)! I've had a lot of dumb ideas, but this one I actually think is pretty cool.

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Well, "a big wolfdog kind of dog" as you stated sounds to be a "husky" to me. I am fine with Connor having a husky; however, not at the expense of the recruits.

These sounds good to me...

I do not like this idea because this feature can make the game-play too easy at certain situations; however, it is just my own personal biased dislike, not saying the idea has no merits of its own.

Sounds good to me...

Perhaps Connor can get a "hawk" to answer the short-comings which the canine is not able to perform?

Husky sounds about right, thanks for clearing that up!

Personally I take a dog over the recruits any day for reasons given above and a couple of other things. I think it would be easier to grow a bound with a dog companion that follows you around and that you see throughout the game. I also don't like how you were forced to grind so much to get the recruits. I doubt that many players had them unlocked before the end and they were pretty much useless. The dog Connor would unlock through the story. That means the developers know the player has access to him and can add him into regular missions. Thus he can be a much more organic part of the game. The dog could also have a number of uses that the recruits can't (like for hunting). Finally it would be something fresh and unique!

The blend thing I realize is a bit silly lol. Probably best to leave on the drawing board. A hawk would not be able to do many of things a dog can. Besides it's hard to make a hawk likeable as you can with a dog.

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
From the King Washington preview it seems like Connor could possibly get some kind of canine companion.

Regardless, there's always the trusty Assassin turkey ;)

Meh, I doubt it will be a fleshed out feature. Probably just on the poster because it looks cool combined with Connors new outfit. If they go with the Assassins turkey instead of a dog I'm all for it :)!

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Even in the Homestead, how you guys have a dog? :O

Pretty sure they were just joking. There are dogs running around in the homestead, but they are just like all the other friendly dogs in the game and I guess spawn pretty randomly.

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Green = Yes
Red = No thanks

Hunting:

Stealth:
-You can order the dog to take a certain position and stand there and bark attracting guards.
-The dog can walk up to a guard and pee on his leg. The guard will angrily chase after the dog, allowing you to sneak by.
-You can order the dog to sit, or run away anytime you like so he doesn't get in the way.
-If you let the dog smell something that belongs to your target he can track it for you.
-The dog can sneak into tight areas and perhaps fetch a key.

Combat:

EDIT: The reason I wouldn't want to dog to be involved in combat is because it could easily be shot and killed :( If the game were to be realistic) - Same with getting a guard to chase it.

Avagantamoz
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Well there was that wolf in the VGAs trailer for the Tyranny of Washington thing. Maybe we will be getting a pet? That was probably just to put emphasis on the new outfit though.

medavroog
12-19-2012, 10:32 PM
The dog Connor would unlock through the story. That means the developers know the player has access to him and can add him into regular missions. Thus he can be a much more organic part of the game. The dog could also have a number of uses that the recruits can't (like for hunting). Finally it would be something fresh and unique!

You are suggesting this as a DLC then? because the main game's storyline is already set.

A hawk would not be able to do many of things a dog can. Besides it's hard to make a hawk likeable as you can with a dog.

What I meant was, since the dog cannot travel with Connor on the roof-tops and tree-tops, the hawk can fill-in that spot for the dog. Shall you have the heart for it, the hawk can be designed with useful skills also, the hawk cannot do all the skills as the dog but, the hawk would have its own unique skills which the dog cannot perform...
...personally, I like hawks and falcons more than dogs...but, that is just me personally.

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Green = Yes
Red = No thanks

EDIT: The reason I wouldn't want to dog to be involved in combat is because it could easily be shot and killed :( If the game were to be realistic) - Same with getting a guard to chase it.

The game is not realistic on that level. I mean the recruits never get killed when they do those things.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 10:51 PM
The game is not realistic on that level. I mean the recruits never get killed when they do those things.

Dogs are more precious than Humans :|

Humanity is an Inferior race...

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
You are suggesting this as a DLC then? because the main game's storyline is already set.

I haven't planned anything like that. I just suggested something I thought would be fun. I realize that the chance that Ubi ever implements something like this is close to zero ofc. I just think it's fun to come up with some ideas for the game and discuss them a bit with other fans.

What I meant was, since the dog cannot travel with Connor on the roof-tops and tree-tops, the hawk can fill-in that spot for the dog. Shall you have the heart for it, the hawk can be designed with useful skills also, the hawk cannot do all the skills as the dog but, the hawk would have its own unique skills which the dog cannot perform...
...personally, I like hawks and falcons more than dogs...but, that is just me personally.

Yeah you are right you the hawk could have some other skills. And ofc everyone are free to have there own preferences :)!

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Dogs are more precious than Humans :|

Humanity is an Inferior race...

Actually if you watch Holywood movies that is certainly true. They kill human characters in a blink, but the dog always make it to the end ;)

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Actually if you watch Holywood movies that is certainly true. They kill human characters in a blink, but the dog always make it to the end ;)

I end up crying both ways :|

Whether they trick me into thinking the dog is dead or if he`s actually dead....I`m a sucker for Animals...

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I end up crying both ways :|

Whether they trick me into thinking the dog is dead or if he`s actually dead....I`m a sucker for Animals...

Yeah me too, animals are like the only thing that can make me cry watching a movie! So what do you think about having a dog in AC? I think I've read long ago that cats are more popular in Egypt?

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah me too, animals are like the only thing that can make me cry watching a movie! So what do you think about having a dog in AC? I think I've read long ago that cats are more popular in Egypt?

Cats were either Gods or sacred beings during Ancient times. I never had a pet. I love Animals, I just dont think I can cope with having a pet yet...I`m pretty Irresponsible:p, but Yeah I`v always fancied the idea of having a pet in AC III. seeing as there is a stronger connection with Animals this time around. I`m still hopeful, first step is petting, second step is actually having them. I`d like that..

Also, In egypt, you`d probably find 3 out of 4 houses with cats and 2 out of 4 with dogs. It`s because of the Islamic Tradition of not keeping dogs inside the house.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember the devs saying they wanted Connor to be able to call in animals for assistance, but scrapped the idea because it seemed too cliche and disrespectful to Native Americans. A dog would probably be fine, but I'm thinking a falcon (as some people have mentioned) would be too much. And yes, I know that several tribes of Southeast Asia really do use trained falcons, but Connor has no experience with that (it wasn't a practice used by Native Americans, and as far as I know it never caught on outside Asia in the 1700s) so having him learn it out of the blue would be kind of stereotypical with the whole "Native American animal-master" thing.

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Cats were either Gods or sacred beings during Ancient times. I never had a pet. I love Animals, I just dont think I can cope with having a pet yet...I`m pretty Irresponsible:p, but Yeah I`v always fancied the idea of having a pet in AC III. seeing as there is a stronger connection with Animals this time around. I`m still hopeful, first step is petting, second step is actually having them. I`d like that..

Also, In egypt, you`d probably find 3 out of 4 houses with cats and 2 out of 4 with dogs. It`s because of the Islamic Tradition of not keeping dogs inside the house.

Yeah a pet would take a lot of time :P. Also my apartment is prettys small, not really fair to an animal. The pet mechanic was more fun than it deserved and indeed a step on the way! Having dogs inside actually is kind of gross, so I can see were that tradition came from!

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember the devs saying they wanted Connor to be able to call in animals for assistance, but scrapped the idea because it seemed too cliche and disrespectful to Native Americans. A dog would probably be fine, but I'm thinking a falcon (as some people have mentioned) would be too much. And yes, I know that several tribes of Southeast Asia really do use trained falcons, but Connor has no experience with that (it wasn't a practice used by Native Americans, and as far as I know it never caught on outside Asia in the 1700s) so having him learn it out of the blue would be kind of stereotypical with the whole "Native American animal-master" thing.

Yeah I think it's much better to focus on one animal (perhaps two with a horse) than say having him talk to birds, or send salmons to look for bears, or something silly like that.

Jexx21
12-20-2012, 02:26 AM
I would much rather have the Assassins teach falconry than have a dog.

I hate the fact that so many people are ingrained with Connor = Wolf and Connor =/= Eagle.

Connor is definitely an Eagle. He may be a wolf too, but he's definitely an Eagle.

...and Jason Brody is a Heron, Shark, and Spider.

xboxauditore
12-20-2012, 07:35 AM
I would much rather have the Assassins teach falconry than have a dog.

I hate the fact that so many people are ingrained with Connor = Wolf and Connor =/= Eagle.

Connor is definitely an Eagle. He may be a wolf too, but he's definitely an Eagle.

...and Jason Brody is a Heron, Shark, and Spider.

And I am a Harp Seal.

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah a pet would take a lot of time :P. Also my apartment is prettys small, not really fair to an animal. The pet mechanic was more fun than it deserved and indeed a step on the way! Having dogs inside actually is kind of gross, so I can see were that tradition came from!

I have three dogs. :p No fancy breed just street dogs I adopted xD

medavroog
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
A dog would probably be fine, but I'm thinking a falcon (as some people have mentioned) would be too much. And yes, I know that several tribes of Southeast Asia really do use trained falcons, but Connor has no experience with that (it wasn't a practice used by Native Americans, and as far as I know it never caught on outside Asia in the 1700s) so having him learn it out of the blue would be kind of stereotypical with the whole "Native American animal-master" thing.

Historically, it is indeed true the Native Americans never used "falconry"; however, Connor was not trained merely in the Native American ways, he was also trained by Achilles who introduced Connor to the very different way of life as well as set of skills and philosophy. Thus, we can work-in the idea that, Connor acquired "falconry" from Achilles or from someone similar to Achilles during the possible additional storylines. Also to point out that, shall the "falcon" be invalid for Connor because of his Amerindian heritage, the "dog" would also be invalid because Native Americans never used dogs in hunting either...hounds and hawks used in hunting were never a part of the Amerindian system. Nevertheless, Connor was only part Native American in heritage, and Connor also have had European trainings with Achilles...to deny the understandings of "falconry" and other non-native skills for Connor is...indeed an insult and mockery against Connor.

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I have three dogs. :p No fancy breed just street dogs I adopted xD

I feel like I have put myself in the position were I either have to insult dog owners, or muslims, or both, so I'm just going to do my own version of the "I'm just walking my dog"-blend and quietly disappear from this part of the discussion ;).

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Historically, it is indeed true the Native Americans never used "falconry"; however, Connor was not trained merely in the Native American ways, he was also trained by Achilles who introduced Connor to the very different way of life as well as set of skills and philosophy. Thus, we can work-in the idea that, Connor acquired "falconry" from Achilles or from someone similar to Achilles during the possible additional storylines. Also to point out that, shall the "falcon" be invalid for Connor because of his Amerindian heritage, the "dog" would also be invalid because Native Americans never used dogs in hunting either...hounds and hawks used in hunting were never a part of the Amerindian system. Nevertheless, Connor was only part Native American in heritage, and Connor also have had European trainings with Achilles...to deny the understandings of "falconry" and other non-native skills for Connor is...indeed an insult and mockery against Connor.

I'm curious what you want the falcon to be able to do? When I think of falconry I basically think of hunting small birds with it. I mean you carry a hooded falcon on your arm and when small birds are flying above, you remove the hood and the falcon chase the small birds and kill them. Now that feature, allthough cool, seems not that useful on its own. So I wonder what other skill he should have?

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm curious what you want the falcon to be able to do? When I think of falconry I basically think of hunting small birds with it. I mean you carry a hooded falcon on your arm and when small birds are flying above, you remove the hood and the falcon chase the small birds and kill them. Now that feature, allthough cool, seems not that useful on its own. So I wonder what other skill he should have?

lololol

LoyalACFan
12-20-2012, 12:29 PM

I never suggested that he ONLY learned from his Native American heritage. I said falconing was not a practice used by any American tribes, and that it never caught on with anyone outside its area of origin (Southeast Asia) in that time period. So adding in a random practice that was never even used on Connor's home continent would be anachronistic and somewhat culturally insensitive, as it could be seen as feeding the racial stereotype of Native Americans having some kind of primal bond with animals. Dogs would be a different story, as they were extremely common among the settlers Connor interacted with, and he even had a few of them on his homestead.

Now, as for Achilles teaching him the art of falconry... well, then where the hell did Achilles learn it in the first place? Plus, he'd be dead by the time the next game starts; way too late to teach Connor anything beyond what he knew in AC3. How would they fit it into the story? Just an odd bit of dialogue?

"My mentor taught me how to use falcons when I was a boy, but I never felt like doing it until now?"

"I found some memory seals in the basement that showed Achilles falconing, and I picked up the ability through the bleeding effect?"

Serrachio
12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Regarding Connor having a dog, I think sending it to jump up and bite the throat of an unaware guard might be both lethal and viscerally entertaining. :rolleyes:

I also like the idea of falconry, but I don't feel it would play much of a part in a gameplay perspective. :/

pacmanate
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I shot bobby :|

LoyalACFan
12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
i shot bobby :|

faulkner!!?!?!??!!??

medavroog
12-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I never suggested that he ONLY learned from his Native American heritage. I said falconing was not a practice used by any American tribes, and that it never caught on with anyone outside its area of origin (Southeast Asia) in that time period. So adding in a random practice that was never even used on Connor's home continent would be anachronistic and somewhat culturally insensitive, as it could be seen as feeding the racial stereotype of Native Americans having some kind of primal bond with animals.

You do have a good point made there.

Now, as for Achilles teaching him the art of falconry... well, then where the hell did Achilles learn it in the first place? Plus, he'd be dead by the time the next game starts; way too late to teach Connor anything beyond what he knew in AC3.

That was why my statement in the original was, "Connor acquired 'falconry' from Achilles or from someone similar to Achilles".

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Regarding Connor having a dog, I think sending it to jump up and bite the throat of an unaware guard might be both lethal and viscerally entertaining. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that could be aranged :eek:...

kuled2012
12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
If this does happens at the end of the game Connor's dog would probably be about 15 and that's when Ubisoft will break our hearts with his death :(

Serrachio
12-20-2012, 04:06 PM
If this does happens at the end of the game Connor's dog would probably be about 15 and that's when Ubisoft will break our hearts with his death :(

Don't worry, they'd give it a fitting funeral. They did for Achilles. :P

kuled2012
12-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't worry, they'd give it a fitting funeral. They did for Achilles. :P
"I will make you proud old man"
GOD that was so sad :(

ReDLaCES22
12-20-2012, 04:27 PM
If you watch the DLC trailer for Tyranny of King Washington you see a fleeting image of what's suppose to be Connor with a wolf standing beside him. I think we get that in the upcoming episodic pack. :-)

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 04:39 PM
"I will make you proud old man"
GOD that was so sad :(
This has to be the most emotional AC, atleast for me. That whole Achilles letter while Connor dug his grave in rain was just.. :(
"You have given an old man hope.." The it was said... :( I think Achilles's VA did a splendid job. Not many people credit him.

UbiVolfbane
12-20-2012, 07:33 PM
If you watch the DLC trailer for Tyranny of King Washington you see a fleeting image of what's suppose to be Connor with a wolf standing beside him. I think we get that in the upcoming episodic pack. :-)

I'm a lover of wolves.. and I would love to have a wolf by my side to send out to rip out throats or tear off limbs. :D

ACPrincess
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I think when i want a Dog following me about i'll play Fable

MT4K
12-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I think when i want a Dog following me about i'll play Fable

By that logic then...

If i wanted to use a gun i'd play an FPS game.
If i wanted to use different outfits i'd play the Sims.
If i wanted to use different weapons i'd play an RPG.
If i wanted unarmed combat i'd play Street Fighter.
If i wanted to build up an area of my own i'd play simcity.

I think you get the point :p. No reason why games can't take ideas from other games. That kind of attitude is what hurts gaming. It's like people who say "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"... In that case. Why care about next gen consoles? Current gen works fine... Why care about any updates to anything?

Games need to evolve and change or they become stagnant... and like Shaun says something along the lines of "Things that become stagnant die". Close enough anyway :p.

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm a lover of wolves.. and I would love to have a wolf by my side to send out to rip out throats or tear off limbs. :D

I'm scared of contacting support now :eek:!

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 08:04 PM
By that logic then...

I think you get the point :p. No reason why games can't take ideas from other games. That kind of attitude is what hurts gaming. It's like people who say "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"... In that case. Why care about next gen consoles? Current gen works fine... Why care about any updates to anything?

Games need to evolve and change or they become stagnant... and like Shaun says something along the lines of "Things that become stagnant die". Close enough anyway :p.

So what are your thoughts on the dog gameplay in my OP :)?

MT4K
12-20-2012, 08:07 PM
So what are your thoughts on the dog gameplay in my OP :)?

I think there's some decent ideas there :). I just love the idea of a companion though. Especially if it's mostly optional like the current Recruits... As in you don't need to use it, but it's there if you want it :).

The only problem is it could be too similar to recruit system, but i'd hope they would come up with something cool for it if they was really going to do it :D.

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 08:40 PM
I think there's some decent ideas there :). I just love the idea of a companion though. Especially if it's mostly optional like the current Recruits... As in you don't need to use it, but it's there if you want it :).

The only problem is it could be too similar to recruit system, but i'd hope they would come up with something cool for it if they was really going to do it :D.

I'm no fan of the recruits, so I tried to come up with things the dog could do to basically replace the recruits (lure, blend and so on). So yeah they are kind of similar. Next year there are two games which focuses a lot on AI companions releasing ("The Last Of Us" and "Bioshock: Infinite"). I'm super interested to see how they work out as this is an area developers have ignored to push for years now. I hope AC can jump on the train :).

FreshGroundFX
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM

Is this some kind of cruel joke or do you actually have a dog? lol

SixKeys
12-20-2012, 10:15 PM
If any future game were to introduce a pet/guard dog mechanic in combat, then they should use it to replace the assassin recruits. If you could call both dogs and assassins to fight the enemy for you, the combat would get very boring indeed. The assassin recruits are already pretty overpowered in their current state (unable to get killed, able to approach guards without being detected more often).

XLT sMasHerZZX
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Good idea, but knowing Connor, we all know what he would do with it...

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/06/Assassins-9-610x400.jpg

ACPrincess
12-20-2012, 10:54 PM
By that logic then...

I just think with certain games things shouldnt be allowed idk.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I just think with certain games things shouldnt be allowed idk.

Why exactly ?

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
I want a pet Shaun,nothing else.