PDA

View Full Version : DLC: Foo Fighters, Walk

GuitarNub
12-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Bought the 5 pack this morning and was able to play around with Walk tonight. I have to say it's very well transcribed and only slightly different than the Hal Leonard Guitar Recorded Version.

I normally stick with the 'Chris Shiflett' part and that fits with Combo 2. There's only a small part that is transcribed different. It ends up being two ways of doing the same thing.

Combo looks like the Dave Grohl part, but truly I never tried it before tonight.

Both parts are fun to play and once you get through the parts a couple times, easy enough to master.

I barely looked at Times Like These (2 attempts) but that looks similar to the Hal Leonard tabs as well.

The volume seems to be very off on these songs. Even after adjusting the in game volumes, I had to adjust the guitar volumes quite a bit during the songs for no real apparent reasons.

So far, I am quite pleased with the DLC.

exolstice
12-20-2012, 01:23 AM
I find on Walk you can barely hear the song playing.

GuitarNub
12-20-2012, 04:43 AM
I find on Walk you can barely hear the song playing.

Yeah, I have the same issue too... So much so I decided to report it to Ubi as a bug.

I had to turn my guitar volume knobs down from 7.5 to 1 just for this song.

shihdo
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I found this as well, bit off putting when playing a song I'm not familiar with, best of you didnt do much better with the vocals fading almost straight away.

Funk-n-Stein
12-21-2012, 07:33 PM
How do you report to Ubi as a bug (other than the sticky thread?) The ridiculous lack of consistency for volume levels from song to song is super annoying. Seems like that should be pretty easy to test. Honestly, how did Walk get out the door as is? They should at least move volume controls to the pause menu if they aren't going to try to have consistent levels.

rcole_sooner
12-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Use the ubisoft support links in my sig, and submit a ticket.

cws78
12-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I find that the best thing to do is adjust the volume in the options turning the guitar to about 80 and the music all the way up was not to bad on Walk.
It would be best if they had an option to adjust ingame volume on the fly through the pause menu instead having to go all the way to the main menu.

Funk-n-Stein
12-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I find that the best thing to do is adjust the volume in the options turning the guitar to about 80 and the music all the way up was not to bad on Walk.
It would be best if they had an option to adjust ingame volume on the fly through the pause menu instead having to go all the way to the main menu.

Yeah, having it in the pause menu would at least make it tolerable. Having to go into the main menu and then submenus for each song is a huge PIA. I normally have my guitar at 100 and the song levels at 80 because most song's that's what's required to hear what I'm playing (and some songs that's not enough.)

Bottom line is I just don't understand why they can't settle on a standard for volume levels. Should be one of the easiest things to test and adjust in development.

Thanks for the links Rcole - submitting a ticket.

SeattleSauve
12-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Weird. I usually put my guitar at 100, and have the game way low (forget where, but probably 50-60ish - that way I can really tell when I sound like garbage), so I might not notice it at all. I'll probably get this one (and times like these) either way :)

Black_Widow9
12-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Hey guys,
Please make sure you do report it to Support. http://support.ubisoft.com/

Is "Walk" the only one with low volume or are there other issues with different songs?

TroutBum69
12-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Walk and Best of You are both terrible for me. I don't even want to play them at all. It's hard to play along to a song you can't hear.

shihdo
12-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Hey guys,

Is "Walk" the only one with low volume or are there other issues with different songs?

I only bought walk and best of you, Walk is really bad with the vocals virtually inaudible unless I turn my guitar down, best of you is not as bad but still needs more volume on the vocals, I know its a guitar game but dave grohls vocals do contribute a lot to the songs imo and it's a shame to lose this, also very off putting if its not a familiar song.

Funk-n-Stein
12-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey guys,

Walk is the worst, Best of You is bad, but not as bad as Walk. The other 3 are OK.

Wrathchild68
12-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Walk is really bad, especially at the start. I usually lightly palm mute the intro and it does make it sound a bit better.

shihdo
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
I've raised a ticket with ubisoft a few days back but it would seem they are getting confused by their own reporting system asking me for information about my pc system when I raised the issue for ps3??? and now they are unsure what the question relates to. So still awaiting an answer on the vocal volume problem.

toymachinesh
12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
I told the Com Dev personally so they know about the issue. I don't think tickets will really help accelerate the issue.

kittendaddy2
12-31-2012, 05:34 AM
I thought Times Like These had a similar issue. I dropped the guitar volume (mix in game) for it and kept it there for Walk and it worked for both.

Funk-n-Stein
01-01-2013, 01:33 AM
I got a response to my ticket saying 'the developers have been notified.'

Boldoza
01-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm guessing that this might be a limitation in the game. As noted, it's worse at the start. The guitar is mixed lower in the original at that point, and Rocksmith might not be able to dynamically change the volume, so it's either going to be too loud at the start, or inaudible later in the song.

kittendaddy2
01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm guessing that this might be a limitation in the game. As noted, it's worse at the start. The guitar is mixed lower in the original at that point, and Rocksmith might not be able to dynamically change the volume, so it's either going to be too loud at the start, or inaudible later in the song.
It was a bit too low throughout in this case I think though.

Though dynamic volume (or even better, tones) would be useful for things where there's a fade in/fade out. Sounds weird when you're playing it full volume over a vamp out. And Red Barchetta is awful to play at the start because you have no drums and your guitar totally overpowers the track until it gets louder. Nearly impossible to get any sense of timing.

tomahawk72
01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
This is what I do for the intro to Walk - turn guitar volume knob to a little less than half and lightly palm mute the whole intro then I turn my volume knob all the way up once the rockin E chord kicks in. Works for me.

shihdo
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
This is what I do for the intro to Walk - turn guitar volume knob to a little less than half and lightly palm mute the whole intro then I turn my volume knob all the way up once the rockin E chord kicks in. Works for me.

thanks for the suggestion I'll have to give it a try, but would still prefer a fix as opposed to a work around.

rcole_sooner
01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I just started playing this song. It is hard to even know where I am in the song, since I cannot hear anything but myself.

The other FF guitar songs are not much better.

The FF bass songs are much better.