PDA

View Full Version : ideas for Assassins Creed 4

nightops013
12-19-2012, 03:52 AM
with the finale of AC 3 being a very much of a WTF ending compared to a previous spectacular endings for the previous Assassins Creed, i would like to send some ideas(i hope there is one) for AC 4. being that this game will take place in the revolutionary times i think it would be a good idea to continue this theme of Emerging America and focus on the CIvil War. I have several ideas why this would work and be a good game.
1. the weapons reloads could continue since during the Civil War it still wasn't a semi-automatic firing, The protagonist could still believably fight several enemies at once since it did take several seconds to reload.
2. since the induction of the railraods connecting the country was what made the Americas become great and in this game it would be one of the focal points. the Locomotive would have a great importance in this game being that some mission would involve carrying cargo or completing certain key assassinations on a train. Also if the crafting mode is still enabled from the last game then the train would very well be complemented to deliver your goods to various customers.
3 The general would obviously be Grant and would somehow mirror how Washington felt throughout AC 3 of his personal beliefs and doubts about winning the revolutionary war. But for grant it would be the South gaining the upper hand.
4. An epic ending sequence scene would be when Lincoln was giving the Gettysburg address to the nation.
5. Also it's given that this would have to be a new assassin. so perhaps a great-grand child of Conner from AC 3 or a new one entirely.

So what do you guys think? Also if anyone from Ubisoft saw this it would be great. I have more ideas a lot more.

FreshGroundFX
12-19-2012, 05:20 AM
I kind of don't see an AC4 unless they have some lame excuse for making it. AC series was based around the end of the world in December 21, 2012, right? Well that's in 3 days (I write on December 18, 2012). So if the world ends (in real life) there is no game, and AC is one epic *** game. But if the world doesn't end in real life, what excuse will they have to make for AC4. Like would Minerva have to be like "Oh ****, my bad, I meant 2022". LOL, so they can keep making more games for another ten years.

Jexx21
12-19-2012, 05:48 AM
^ above poster doesn't understand ending.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 06:00 AM
^ above poster doesn't understand ending.
This..

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Seriously, even a blind man can see sequels coming after the way AC3 ended, and it should be no surprise if one has read the earlier dev quotes.

ToughGuy31
12-19-2012, 11:58 PM
1 word. Ninjas.

LoyalACFan
12-20-2012, 12:05 AM
1 word. Ninjas.

2 words. Anything but.

Seriously, ninjas are extremely overrated and overused. We don't need them for AC.

TangentialShark
12-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't mind the direction that Ubisoft is taking with the AC universe but I just hope we get 1 more game with Connor. I believe he is the most believable character in the games so far and would like to "finish" his story before starting fresh with a whole other Assassin in the pre-confirmed ACIV.

TrueAssassin77
12-20-2012, 12:18 AM
2 words. Connor. Brazil

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 12:31 AM
2 words. Anything but.

Seriously, ninjas are extremely overrated and overused. We don't need them for AC.
If not ninjas, than I want a Assassin's Creed that has more faster pacing, and by that I mean getting the Assassin Robes BEFORE sequence 5.

FrankieSatt
12-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Ideas for ACIV? Yeah, don't make one. You have done screwed up ACIII so bad with the game, the story and the ending that making an ACIV would be worthless and just water down a great series with crap that shouldn't be associated with it.

dbuddy101
12-20-2012, 02:00 AM
I think that a great setting would be Victorian England or the French Revolution. It would be really exciting to see those settings for me personally. It would great to see London in all of that smoky goodness, and a french revolution story and setting would be really interesting.

DrBlutengott
12-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Feudal Era Japan. With a female assassin. You dont even have to do the Animus stuff, Desmonds dead, were ok with that.

ze_topazio
12-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Amsterdam in 1666 :cool:

SkiesSeven
12-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Ancient Egypt, India, or Greece, would all be superb.

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Feudal Era Japan. With a female assassin. You dont even have to do the Animus stuff, Desmonds dead, were ok with that.
Yes female Assassin. NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO keep the animus, it hasn't reached it's full potential.

KomasOost
02-25-2013, 10:42 PM
i dont know if this is mentioned before but here's my idea.

How about this? Assassin's creed in the age of the Samurai.
Ubisoft makes amazing games, i really like the super realistic movements in assassin's creed. So how about making one in the samurai time.
Ofcourse there has to be a group of special samurai's and stuff in history, and YES i have a group of samurai's for justice, they are called ' Shinsengumi '. It's only a suggestion. For more information about the 'shinsengumi' click on this link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinsengumi
You can use the Shogun's as the templars.

I really hope that you take time to read this and give your opinion, Thank you.

Yes female Assassin. NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO keep the animus, it hasn't reached it's full potential.
I think more men play assassin's creed than girls, and i think i'm speaking for most men if i say that a female assassin wouldn't be as badass as a male assassin. Maybe Ubisoft could create the new assassin's creed so that you can choose between a male character or female character (which probably won't happen).

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I posted this already i another thread. An idea for a future AC game.

A story about the old and new China at the same time.

We will have 2 characters (both will have 2 different cities/maps for their missions), the old China will have 10 or 11 sequences, while the new one has 5, after you beat the game you can switch between the characters sequences/chapters (like in Resident Evil 6) , exploring only one character if you like.

The old china, name of the Assassin could be Luo Yu.

A story about the son of Wei Yu would be great, the life of Wei Yu can also be little bit explored (via 2 or 3 side missions). In the beginning we will see how he starts the training under his father at the age of 5 or 6, after the first sequence, he will become a grown up man, joining the Assassin fulltime, the Templars and their allies will attack him and his family at the funeral of his father Wei Yu. Because of the large number of Assassins at the funeral, a conflict/war begins between groups, right in the middle of the famous time of the three kingdoms. This will give a good start in my opinion.

This era shows the rebuilding and uprising of the templars in east asia, they want to use the struggle in the land to establish their own dynasty, with a staff of eden, used by Xian of Han aka Liu Xie, the last emperor of the Han Dynasty, who used the staff to keep the land free and united, avoiding revolutions and different kingdoms (later Wu, Wei and Shu). Luo Yus goal is to show the different kingdoms the real enemy in china, the Templars, but no one believes or trust him, he needs to work alone, with a little group of Assassins and large armies against them, the Shu, Wu, Wei and Templars.

Feng (nicknamed "Yu" because of his famous ancestors) Huang

The modern day protagonist should be a bounty hunter, knowing of his ancestors, but he doesn't care about this in his young life (maybe 24 or something) . Feng is working for everyone who pays, including the Templars, after he has done a few jobs for them in the past, he realises that the Templars are betraying their own goals. He is planing to quit, but the Templars wants that he continues his work for their purposes, offering him a lot of money, but he refuses, instead he wants to take advantage of his knowledge about the different Templar influenced groups, he wants not only money, he wants peace after all that missions (assassinations, fighting in civil wars etc.) and threatens the Templars with his infos to let him go.

The Templars starting to hunt him, hide yourself in a modern city, travel with a taxi from street to street (instead of fast traveling via underground), hide yourself by siting on bench, buying a hot dog while talking bs to the guy/women right next to you, asking the friendly cop about this and that (alternatives/replacements for bribing), make sure that the Templar soldiers/agents don't have a chance to get you. The cops who are walking around in the streets should be "neutral" like the ottomans in ACR. The enemies should only use pistols for the sequences and normal weapons like tonfas, baseball bats, knifes etc.
He will be saved from a templar attack by some "old friends", joining the Assassins to fight back. He wants use the animus to find out when and how the templars became so strong in east asia (that's why we have the old China story), finding out that the Templars are searching for an "artifact".
For the modern cities, i would prefer the outskirts from a big city, WITHOUT skyscrapers and streets with hundreds of people at the same time.

Both characters should have similar weapons,

Son of Wey Yu:

- Hidden Blade,
- Hookswoords, own fighting style,
- liu xing chui (meteor hammer, awesome weapon), rope dart replacement
- smoke grenades,
- shurikens, hardest range weapon.
- different types of swords and hammers, both types with different fighting styles.
- Heavy (long) weapons like halberd or spears,
- daggers
- small bow with poisend arrowhead (replaced the poisen blade),

Modern day fighter (maybe called Feng "Yu" Huang)

- Hidden Blade,
- Hookswoords,
- liu xing chui (meteor hammer, awesome weapon), rope dart replacement
- flash grenades,
- shurikens (weaker to due game balance)
- short weapons with different fighting styles, short hammers and daggers/knifes
- high tech crossbow (long range, silent, hardest range weapon)

Endings:

In the End of AC4 Part 1, Lou Yu finds the staff of Eden and stops the Templars, making sure that everyone attacks the last few supporters of the Templars, sadly....he couldn't stop the war between the kingdoms and the death of many Assassins, in the final attack from the Templars, Lou will get hit by a shuriken in the head, looses an eye and a lot of blood, he gets pushed from a high bridge, falling into water with the staff....the Animus stops the transmission, leaving his final fate unknown...for now.

The End in AC 4 Part 2, Feng Huang will be shot in the stomach and falls from a house, seeing visions from his ancestors Wei Yu and Luo Yu, then he lands on a truck, no reaction, no emotion, just silence, everyone thinks he is dead.

After the game is finished we see Feng Guang waking up in a hospital, surrounded by police men and doctors, they say that he was shot and they tell him he was in coma for nearly 2 months. He asks what happened and he couldn't remember anything, not knowing his name, he only saw "strange visions from the old China", the doctor says, "never talk about such things again, because the Assassins wanted to kill you because of your knowledge about them", he lays his hand on Fengs stomach and says "believe me, we will protect and guide you", showing the Templar ring on the doctors and police mans hand.

KomasOost
02-25-2013, 11:39 PM
sounds nice but The part about NO SKYSCRAPERS seems a little bit off, how else could be synchronize a city? if i could synchronize a city via a mountain next to it, it would be a good idea, since samurai's aren't much of free runners

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 11:53 PM
sounds nice but The part about NO SKYSCRAPERS seems a little bit off, how else could be synchronize a city? if i could synchronize a city via a mountain next to it, it would be a good idea, since samurai's aren't much of free runners

Hi.

Well, a few high buildings (skyscrapers) as viewpoints wouldn't be a problem, aslong we don't get something like this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Singapore_skyscrapers_03.jpg

or this

http://www.primalpics.com/photos/010000/2200/002174x_toronto_skyscrapers.jpg

Perk89
02-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Most of you don't even know what Fuedal era Japan is. You just hear the word Fuedal typed in along with Japan and to "lyk zomg katanas are so l33t!!! Yeah yeah feudal japan!!"

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Most of you don't even know what Fuedal era Japan is. You just hear the word Fuedal typed in along with Japan and to "lyk zomg katanas are so l33t!!! Yeah yeah feudal japan!!"

Well it lasted for 600+ years, and katanas actually were present and relevant during most of that time, so... what's your problem?

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 05:31 AM
If not ninjas, than I want a Assassin's Creed that has more faster pacing, and by that I mean getting the Assassin Robes BEFORE sequence 5.

Amen. And technically, it was Sequence 6. You don't get them until the very last cutscene of Sequence 5.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Or maybe they do know what feudal japan is and actually like it...

Suddenly because some people like a setting YOU don't, they don't know anything about it..

How convenient...

xboxauditore
02-26-2013, 07:25 AM
I don't care about where it is or when, Just please for once, give us a Female assassin!

I-Like-Pie45
02-26-2013, 07:37 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7rdW_WmwH_c/T-_RW4zXWUI/AAAAAAAAGJg/mr4je04v5z0/s1600/LDGYL.jpg
There's a crossover fanfic out there for this sort of stuff, I believe.

roostersrule2
02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
As much as that looks cool I think we leave the early 1900's, late 1800's for RDR.

xboxauditore
02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
A Woman in Victorian England would be ideal for me.

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm all for the post above: Victorian London is inevitable.

World of steam power tools, fog, men in top hat and cape. And Sherlock Freakin' Holmes? (Or am I in the wrong period)

Detective work: Check!

Cape that deflects bullets: Ooooh... Check!

Hidden shotgun in wrist: F**k yeah! CHECK!
Last but not least...my own idea, btw. And it's TOTALLY ok to plagiarize it, ubi ;)... "Disarming" Hidden Blade: act like a usual hidden blade, but the titanium diamond-edge blade itself is like an automatic balisong on crack cocaine; it has the option to spin 360 degree at high speed then stop, thus severing ANYTHING that the hidden blade has buried itself in.

This means, it can essentially cut off your wrist, arms (so that you shan't never pick up that pistol again, good sir!, thus... the "Disarming" Blade!), and it can also lob your FREAKIN HEAD OFF ;) if it went into your neck.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
As much as that looks cool I think we leave the early 1900's, late 1800's for RDR.

Indeed. Not only would there be no free-running to speak of (no big buildings, no forests) and no melee combat (six-shooters would render blades obsolete), we would also be stuck with a cowboy game that has horrifically awful horse mechanics. Seriously. Assassin's Creed has had five years to fix its freaking horses, and they suck worse in AC3 than they ever did.

So yeah, leave the cowboy stuff to R*.

KomasOost
02-26-2013, 12:32 PM

World of steam power tools, fog, men in top hat and cape. And Sherlock Freakin' Holmes? (Or am I in the wrong period)

Last but not least...my own idea, btw. And it's TOTALLY ok to plagiarize it, ubi ... "Disarming" Hidden Blade: act like a usual hidden blade, but the titanium diamond-edge blade itself is like an automatic balisong on crack cocaine; it has the option to spin 360 degree at high speed then stop, thus severing ANYTHING that the hidden blade has buried itself in.

This means, it can essentially cut off your wrist, arms (so that you shan't never pick up that pistol again, good sir!, thus... the "Disarming" Blade!), and it can also lob your FREAKIN HEAD OFF if it went into your neck.

Your idea sounds pretty epic, Eventho the cape that deflects bullets seems weird, nothing like that ever existed and it would be too easy to run away from enemies with the cape on

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Your idea sounds pretty epic, Eventho the cape that deflects bullets seems weird, nothing like that ever existed and it would be too easy to run away from enemies with the cape on
Well the cape itself isn't bulletproof, but much like an anti-cut glove (which is design to resist cutting movement), the cape can be made of light material with a special surface that could redirect bullets when you actively change the surface that the bullet impact (meaning just flick the cape when someone's firing at you and you're golden)

It could work like AC3 "Press A to dodge horse" or "Press A to grab a meatshield" and be "Press A to flick cape" and send the bullets to the sides. If you're at close range, then the character can perform a fancy butterfly twist and send the bullets into the shooter's face.

Talk about butterfly twist... Another reason to have a female protagonist is that she could ACTUALLY do freerunning, with fancy flips and stuff, (because she's all lightweight and fabulous and stuff, but also survival-wise because she would have to dodge and redirect freakin' bullets), instead of "pure" parkour (which all the guys have been doing all along).

The guys would have broken their backs if they try to perform triple handsprings into a backflip and end with a butterfly twist during a shootout to redirect ALL of the bullitz! Girl powah! ;)... So yeah, I said it guys: the only way to survive in a world with guns is to be a girl! Didn't see that coming eh?

But context-wise, she would have to have been terribly wronged and/or sadistic to run around with a hidden blade that can cut your head off. Then again, she must've been crazy to start with to become an assassin.

RinoTheBouncer
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Modern Day + Japan, Babylon or The Sumerian Era in Ancient Iraq + Reliving the era of the First Civilization (like the Masyaf Keys)

Samus7266
02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
You would have to go back a bit, but I have seen some epic fan art for AC4 being in ancient China. Sadly, I have heard ubisoft said that it will take place in brazil. well, actually, it has gathered research from ubisoft brazil.

Samus7266
02-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I can see them almost not using the Animus anymore and just doing real life. I also had this Idea awhile ago that this entire time, it's been someone reliving Desmonds memories (My Idea) of him doing other people's memories. not the coolest, and probably pretty lame, but still. gets you thinking. or, what if they made a companion series where you play as subject sixteen and find out his mysterious past and all that went on with him?

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:21 PM
I can see them almost not using the Animus anymore and just doing real life. I also had this Idea awhile ago that this entire time, it's been someone reliving Desmonds memories (My Idea) of him doing other people's memories. not the coolest, and probably pretty lame, but still. gets you thinking. or, what if they made a companion series where you play as subject sixteen and find out his mysterious past and all that went on with him?

Confirmed by the game`s writer..

Never gonna happen

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:31 PM

The Animus will continue to be used, but we may see more of the Abstergo Entertainment ones like the one used in Liberation.

Samus7266
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM

Last but not least...my own idea, btw. And it's TOTALLY ok to plagiarize it, ubi ;)... "Disarming" Hidden Blade: act like a usual hidden blade, but the titanium diamond-edge blade itself is like an automatic balisong on crack cocaine; it has the option to spin 360 degree at high speed then stop, thus severing ANYTHING that the hidden blade has buried itself in.

This means, it can essentially cut off your wrist, arms (so that you shan't never pick up that pistol again, good sir!, thus... the "Disarming" Blade!), and it can also lob your FREAKIN HEAD OFF ;) if it went into your neck.

So kinda like a buzz saw? almost-kinda-ish? sounds cool, but maybe not diamond. maybe bronze or brass for the steampunk theme. I love the detective idea. use eagle vision to find clues. seems legit.

moron4666
02-27-2013, 02:16 AM
This might be a little too much to ask for, but UGC (User Generated Content) would be a great addition that would combat increasingly linear mission design. We place guards and targets anywhere on the map, decide their patrol paths and give the player the freedom to assassinate their target any way that they decide.

k4Anarky2011
02-27-2013, 05:31 AM
So kinda like a buzz saw? almost-kinda-ish? sounds cool, but maybe not diamond. maybe bronze or brass for the steampunk theme. I love the detective idea. use eagle vision to find clues. seems legit.
I was thinking like a very fine mini double bladed "fan blade or wind turbine blade" that could spin itself on a center point with as much force and speed as it was being ejected as a normal Hidden Blade. One of the blades would be slightly curved, design for extremely quick and clean cut, while the other blade is the normal Hidden Blade, design for stabbing; and the double blade would have a widen center for maximum stability.

If someone was to hold a gun at you, just by quickly and gently tapping his arm with your palm... It would only take a millisecond for that arm to be cleanly cut off. He would not have felt pain but would immediately go into shock. That's one less bad guys' arm to fire a gun. :p

Also, given the fact that the British invent the first sniper rifle... It would be possible to have your Assassin recruits survey the area as snipers and fire on your command (maybe shine a mirror or gentleman wrist-watch for cue or something).

I don't know about you but it really seems like a Victorian England backdrop is inevitable.

wrath8086
02-27-2013, 09:06 AM
As a very big fan of Assassins Creed franchise, I strongly suggest that somehow the new game or the next one happen on French Revolution and you show us a beautiful, great, mysterious Paris. As you might know all the myths around revolution and Masons and other occults, I think you may wright a good scenario about all of them which develops the main story deeper. And please give back the gameplay of old Assassins Creed games. (Sorry for my English by the way.)

LoyalACFan
02-27-2013, 09:08 AM
A whole host of people will back you up on this. The French Revolution is one of the most popular settings being talked about among the fans.

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 09:17 AM
A whole host of people will back you up on this. The French Revolution is one of the most popular settings being talked about among the fans.Indeed, but the next game is surely in the Caribbean.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Indeed, but the next game is surely in the Caribbean.

Yeah, but we all know there'll be one in 2014 as well... and 2015... and 2016...

And 2025...

k4Anarky2011
02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but we all know there'll be one in 2014 as well... and 2015... and 2016...

And 2025...
They will have to run out of place somewhen... Then they will go to space

Imagine: parkour in spaceeeee :p

TorQue1988
02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
As a very big fan of Assassins Creed franchise, I strongly suggest that somehow the new game or the next one happen on French Revolution and you show us a beautiful, great, mysterious Paris. As you might know all the myths around revolution and Masons and other occults, I think you may wright a good scenario about all of them which develops the main story deeper. And please give back the gameplay of old Assassins Creed games. (Sorry for my English by the way.)
Yeah the French Revolution would be great, and i think it will happen eventually, alongside Victorian London.

LordStuff.at
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Lawl, want to share my imaginings of how it should be, so please don't flame me
By now we already know that AC4 will be about the pirate Edward Kenway, I think this is alright, they have to do something new.. I like the concept, but...
For me there were many things missed in AC3..

Here is a 'short' list about what I think needs to be improved
I hope someone's got time to read this:
1. Better side missions...maybe side mission chains as well, more assassination side missions, the ones in AC3 are a bit boring imo, killing a templer walking down the street...
2. Bombs...I loved to build my own bombs and use them with different strategies to distract or kill my enemies in AC Revelations...I'd like to see this again
3. The Ropes...AC revelations again...I loved using the ropes, awesome mechanics ubisoft brought up there, I'd like to see this again as well...
4. Gear up! Most of the open world feeling in AC2 and others was made by the fact that you could build up the city, make some cash and buy some nice gear...in AC3 different weapons most likely just mean different combat styles...
5. Hunting -> great, but I think it should be more than just having fun killing some deer, it would be great if there were more side missions with hunting
6. Show us why we have to kill the templars...In AC 1 there were crazy doctors torturing handicapped people, or monks seizing power of whole cities, in AC 3 it was just the fact that they nearly destroyed connors home village :eek:
7. Sneaking (crouching): I think it would be a great addition to the game, it gives the player a feeling of being a ninja :D and being a ninja is great..
8. Combat: yeah, it really looks awesome as it is in AC3 but it's always the same, counter killing these, counter disarming those...please, bring at least a bit more variation into it
9. more different weapon types: bow, pistol, rifle, sword, knifes, hidden blades, tomahawk, rope dart, and for sure the old ones : spears, crossbows, and all the other stuff..and more differences in playing them...would be great...
10. Open world.. as I said in point 1, more side missions, but also more options of building up a city/village... in a pirates environtment it could mean that you can set up your crew on your own, with many options, like you need to find a cook, cannoneers and stuff...
11. BROTHERHOOD...AC3 brought a whole new way of having a brotherhood, and using the different options like the escort is really awesome, and the fact that every guy has his own way of fighting and his own weapons, but there need to be a few more ways of using them and a few more brotherhood members..but getting them trough these mission chains is awesome!
12. less bugs..sometimes, the assassins i called bugged around and were useless at all..please, try to fix this..
13. defending the brotherhood's buildings like in ac brotherhood...i think it was cool, but i think it should be part of several side mission chains instead of forcing the player to do it...
14. More interior, I like running through buildings, finding those weird pages in AC2 (or was it brotherhood?) was funny too...
15. looking for your target... more eavesdropping, or simply asking people on the streets if they now your target...i think just going to him, killing him, escaping is a bit too little
16. rumors...eavesdropping random people could trigger side quests or single events...or simply just tell something about a treasure or anything, would be cool as well
17. looting should be more important than it is in most AC games..maybe to get informations about your target or just to get important things for gear or smthg
18. disguising should be possible, as a guard for example, so the low guards don't attack you, generals or officers or simply guards on higher grounds like roofs or towers can spot you..
19. Homestead was a great idea, but I think it would be better if you'd have to do more to build your village, it would be truly awesome if you'd had to chop a few trees or at least find a lumberjack that does so and you have to tell them what buildings to build, before you can tell people they can come to your homestead, and you need to build a bridge to get a cart with materials to your homestead or even just to get acces to new building space...
you then could tell the people to build a harbour to gain new materials and stuff, of course you need to help them...it would be great I think
20. the opportunity to send your brotherhood members to decrease your notoriety level, or even helping you by releasing rumors about your target..
21. ropes for getting to higher ground as consumeable
22. the map should be revealed more like line of sight instead of just revealing a short radius, so it can also be that the tower you are on just reveals half the range because its surrounded by higher buildings..
23. ingame practical tutorials for sure...the animus training in brotherhood (or was it revelations) was great, it's very important to show people what they can do, but even better than this is if you get a training ingame in the story line like in AC 2...so the player gets to know what tools he has and how he can use them..
24. learning skills over time...it was a bit boring to suddenly be able to do all that moves and stuff...I think skills should be provided in side missions, so you have to do something for it, maybe you also have to get some cash to get the gear you need to learn those moves, but at least there should be someone learning those things to you in real time (like in AC2)..but I think side missions would be best to deal with it..I think you should have to search and work for new moves...
25. you should be able to choose how and who you kill in common combat, its a bit boring as it is in ac3, there should be more different techniques of killing various archetypes of enemies and so there shouldn't just be different moves for each attack,
26. keep the feature to capture territory and great forts, it's simply awesome
27. throwing heavy wepons was awesome, i'd like to see this again
28. more group missions in which you and another assassin (NPC) assault a target together, like ezio and yusuf in revelations
29. coop mode...maybe its a hard piece of work but coop campaigns are just awesome, I'd really love to play this game with 1 or 2 friends, could be that one player just plays a member of the brotherhood, he doesn't need to be an important part of the story, just to play with a friend...would be nice if the whole campaign was coop-able, otherwise a short side campaign could do it as well, something like one sequence or i dunno :p

by now this is all, i hope there'll be someone who reads this and maybe comments, and shares his idea as well...
please don't flame me, it's just my opinion, and I know trying to connect all this with a pirate's story sounds crazy but there were so many cool features in elder AC games that are gone by now, and I just want it to be an awesome game...
to ubisoft: keep up the good work pls, every single game was fun, though you shouldn't take great features out of the game (the ropes, bombs, and all that kinda stuff) and pls don't take features you already created out of the game, i would relly miss things like lockpicking and all that stuff
cheers,
me (lawl?)

EDIT: sry for the long text and my english mistakes, I'm Austrian and still learning... :D
TO OTHER POSTERS: please try to continue this list and add things that I forgot, or criticize things that are mentiong ALL THIS only done in hope that someone important reads this and tries to make AC 4 better than AC 3

rob.davies2014
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see the use of a spy network where our Assassin has to invest in spies (maybe lower-ranking Assassins like the Informants in AC1) to get information about their target, where they're going to be, details about the environment that would be relevant for approaching, killing or escaping. The more you invest the more information you get.

LordStuff.at
03-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see the use of a spy network where our Assassin has to invest in spies (maybe lower-ranking Assassins like the Informants in AC1) to get information about their target, where they're going to be, details about the environment that would be relevant for approaching, killing or escaping. The more you invest the more information you get.

Absolutely! This would be great as well :D

lucr3000
03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
One of the major innovation of AC suite was the immersion in a highly realistic & crowdy environment.
Why not improving this with few rules that would make the immersion even more intense by having non player characters react a bit more to the environment:
- in the current game, even in the middle of the night, you find many people talking loud in the streets, same as during the day. Streets should almost be empty in the middle of the night. Wouldn't that make great night missions with a completly different atmosphere (coupled with suggestive night sounds) ?
- the night/heavy rain/f could even change few rules such as the distance where soldiers can detect you, the level of noise to which a soldier reacts, etc ...
- in the current game, people are standing outside, talking together even under a heavy rain: could be improved by having less people outside and few people running here and there to avoid getting soaked

roostersrule2
03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd like to see the use of a spy network where our Assassin has to invest in spies (maybe lower-ranking Assassins like the Informants in AC1) to get information about their target, where they're going to be, details about the environment that would be relevant for approaching, killing or escaping. The more you invest the more information you get.Greatest idea for recruits ever.

TcKMonster
03-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Ninjas, they wouldn't ruin it. Have a katana instead of a long sword, shurikens instead of throwing knives. Samurai instead of Templars, and use the climbing trees and smoke bombs for escape. Just include all of the original aspects of assassins creed and just make it in ancient Japan. Fighting samurais and their party's to go along with the overthrow of the samurais in ancient Japan to start the modernization of the country or something. I believe it would make a hit game

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Ninjas, they wouldn't ruin it. Have a katana instead of a long sword, shurikens instead of throwing knives. Samurai instead of Templars, and use the climbing trees and smoke bombs for escape. Just include all of the original aspects of assassins creed and just make it in ancient Japan. Fighting samurais and their party's to go along with the overthrow of the samurais in ancient Japan to start the modernization of the country or something. I believe it would make a hit game

The title said Assassins Creed 4 :nonchalance:

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Greatest idea for recruits ever.

I agree this is a very good idea but then again would you not want to carry out investigations yourself ?

roostersrule2
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
I agree this is a very good idea but then again would you not want to carry out investigations yourself ?https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAjG5f3crnzx3osD04yakRo_5Uemw7W IuzMFXMs38HzYfpJ4y-

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Hmm.. but would it make sense for Edward to recruit new well.. recruits? Given that he himself gets recruited just recently. It was already pushing the limits in AC3 but kinda make sense because it was disguised as "freeing the oppressed". Here it would be the same as if Ezio started recruiting people after getting his father's robes.

MasterAssasin84
03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAjG5f3crnzx3osD04yakRo_5Uemw7W IuzMFXMs38HzYfpJ4y-

http://joiturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/HannibalQuote.png

LordStuff.at
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
One of the major innovation of AC suite was the immersion in a highly realistic & crowdy environment.
....Streets should almost be empty in the middle of the night...the night/heavy rain/f could even change few rules such as the distance where soldiers can detect you, the level of noise to which a soldier reacts, etc...in the current game, people are standing outside, talking together even under a heavy rain: could be improved by having less people outside and few people running here and there to avoid getting soaked

yep, this should be changed.. especially during heavy rains there should just be a few people on the streets..

Ninjas, they wouldn't ruin it. Have a katana instead of a long sword....

As I mentioned in my post...AC4 ....Edward Kenway...pirates....not...ninjas...fact

I agree this is a very good idea but then again would you not want to carry out investigations yourself ?

yeah but you could link that, also they could release rumors about the target so that maybe people start rioting near his location..

ArabianFrost
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't get it. Is everyone just playing along? For god's sake, the first page of the forums says AC goes to the carribean, in AC4.

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't get it. Is everyone just playing along? For god's sake, the first page of the forums says AC goes to the carribean, in AC4.

I think everyone is just playing along to be honest !! i mean lets just start a new thread :nonchalance:

LordStuff.at
03-13-2013, 05:36 PM

I already mentioned it 2 times, I know that AC4 is about Edward Kenway the pirate...it's just those ninja-lovers that don't get it..

I think everyone is just playing along to be honest !! i mean lets just start a new thread :nonchalance:

Maybe a new thread would force the people to read the posts...but I think it should then be called something like "Ideas for AC4 GAMEPLAY" and shouldn't be about where it should take place like this thread here ^^ If you make another one, could you post the link here, plese?

roganyu
03-16-2013, 03:13 PM
I was hoping for an assassin in the modern times to be a funny ,clumsy hitman with a smg, pistol, retractable sword, and hidden blades. He will go do jobs in 2 towns and he can go in the animus to an assassin in china because it has a crossbow tat can shoot 10 bolts before reloading so it will have some shooting. In china it will be set in one of china's war such as the three kingdom war ( about when the repeating crossbow invented) and he will help some generals and still trying to fight Templars and armor will be back but it will give boasts like speed boast or attack boast. And I hope there will be better side quest that are interesting and fun unlike ac3's side quests.

ze_topazio
03-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Make the climbing and free running interactive and fun again.

LordStuff.at
03-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Imo it should also be possible to choose which enemy you kill and which weapon hand you're using (in common combat). Connor does nice moves, but it would be awesome if we could control his moves on our own. Right button doesn't get used in AC 3 I think. Please, also read my "small" post on page 5 :D

sajber00
03-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Edward should meet The phantom.
That. Would be. Awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom

Crouching.Tiger
03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Edward should meet The phantom.
That. Would be. Awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom

Yes.