PDA

View Full Version : FPS issue 18 dec. New nVidia driver and Curse Client update.

jola2001
12-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Played AC3 yesterday for a few hours with no problems at all. New driver today and FPS drops from 80 to 5-10 every 15 secs. Tried old driver. Same issue.

Then i noted in task manager: Curse Client kicked in every now and then up to 12-15% CPU. So I killed Curse Client and AC3 running smooth as ever.

Reminds me that when i first started when i got home, I had both nVidia update AND Curse Client.

LambertoKevlar
12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Played AC3 yesterday for a few hours with no problems at all. New driver today and FPS drops from 80 to 5-10 every 15 secs. Tried old driver. Same issue.

Then i noted in task manager: Curse Client kicked in every now and then up to 12-15% CPU. So I killed Curse Client and AC3 running smooth as ever.

Reminds me that when i first started when i got home, I had both nVidia update AND Curse Client.
Forgive me but i didn't understood anything,can you rewrite it more detailed?

UbiHawk1ns
12-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Hey Jola, just to confirm: were you able to resolve the issue by killing the background Curse Client process?

LambertoKevlar
12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
there's no curseclient in my task mager

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Because curse client is program for downloading and managing add-ons for some mmo, rpg, etc games. It has nothing to do with Assassin's creed games.

UbiHawk1ns
12-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Curse Client is an application you can download which manages third-party addons for MMO's like WoW. Everyone needs to make sure they have closed down any unnecessary application that may be running in the background. It seems for him, the Curse Client was taking up a lot of his CPU Usage, which after closing it allows for the game to run smoother.