PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Void Rising!

Aza404
12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
http://duelofchampions.com/img/medias/artwork/Artwork_Hori_VoidRising.png

A new faction: Sanctuary

Under the Sanctuary flag, you will master the art of outmaneuvering your opponents and taking advantage of the battleground.
Using Water and light spells, enhance your forces while blocking enemy attacks to become absolute.
Your path is to master perfection and lead with your wisdom!
See all be all!

“We strive for perfection in Shalassa's worship”

Country / kingdom:
Hashima, the Eight-petal Lotus
Capital city:
Nariya, the Iridescent Pearl

Worship:
Shalassa, the Dragon of Water.

Hashima is a feudal nation, organized according to temples that exist wherever there are sources or expanses of water. Warriors and monks, peasants and poets, they worship Shalassa, The Dragon Goddess of Water, who grants them magical powers based on this element. Nagas live with a goal of self-perfection and purification; whatever their callling or craft they strive to live up to the highest ideals of their masters and of the legends that came before them.
Hashima is ruled by the Eternal Empress, who has held power for hundreds of years. As all Naga teachers and masters, she is subject to ritual challenge from those who feel that they are worthy. However, she has never been defeated in contest, be it with arms, poetry, calligraphy, or philosophy.

The recent events
A relatively peaceful people, the Naga have lived largely in isolation from the rest of Ashan. They keep themselves apart from the other races, concentrating on personal and individual perfection rather than dreaming of power or conquest. They have aided or allied with other nations in the past, but these sorts of agreements are temporary.
Recent history has been troubling; like all the other nations of Ashan they were forced to take action against the prophesized Demon invasion. There is turmoil beneath the calm surface of the empire, as priests and soldiers start to look to the future and wonder who should be leading them and how they might react.
Sanctuary warfare: “Face them one by one”
One thing to remember in battle, it is that Sanctuary generals are like Chess Masters, or disciples of Sun Tzu’s Art of War.

New series for every faction :

Sanctuary – Shanryia
Nagas have long been known to live in the great depths of the Oceans, but this common knowledge is only part of the truth.
There is a great peak of eternal ice within the Deep Mountains where, according to legends, the daughters of the Eternal Empress are trapped.
This mystical place is said to be home to the Shanryia Nagas, masters of freezing magical arts and keepers of secrets.

Inferno – Hellfire
Sheogh, the Inferno prison world, is filled with great fiery pits hungry for flesh and torment.
From its burning veins are born some of the most devastating creature in existence: the Hellfire demons.
Sensing the destructive power of the Void, these demons seek to destroy it at its roots, for they are the true harbingers of destruction.

Stronghold – Blackskull Clan
At the heart of the Deep Mountains lives an ancient Clan of Orcs banned by the other Orcs for their bloodlust.
Lusting for the power of the great Chaos Dragon vein, these orcs have hoarded so much Dragon Crystal that their body and minds have been twisted by Chaos.
Pouring down from the mountains, the Orcs started raiding the Free Cites and are now forcing their way into the Empire.

Haven – Wolf Duchy
The legendary resolve of the Wolf Duchy has been tested during the Second Blood Eclipse.
As they work on rebuilding their land, they are called upon to aid the Free Cities besieged by the Blackskull Orcs.
This threat is not the only danger they must face, as Ariana secretly seeks to invade their lands as well.
The time has come for the Wolves to test their undying mettle on the field of battle.

Necropolis – Ariana’s forces
Under the influence of Ariana of the Severed Fates, many Necromancers of Nar-Heresh fell prey to the promises of power of the Void and serve without question.
Amassing a great army within her lair, she intends have her forces join with the sinister master of the Void lurking at the Throne of Renewal.
Her plans are monitored by a secret covenant of Vampire assassins whose agenda has yet to be revealed.

New items in the shop:

Void Rising Pack

- 12 cards; 8 communs, 3 unco and one rare. All the cards are from the new extension (total of 105 new cards). Like in the reinforcement pack, you’ll have one chance out of 6 to get one of your card swaped for its premium, version. So, it’s the exact same content / distribution than what the users know already, at one exception. Like in the reinforcement pack, you have a chance to get your rare card swapped from a rare to an epic, but you also have a chance to get your rare card swapped from a rare to a sanctuary hero. So, you either get a rare, an epic or a sanctuary hero.

Price: 175 seals

http://duelofchampions.com/img/news/images/void_pack.png

Void Rising Premium Pack

- Exactly like the Void Rising Pack, but that have 3 cards that will be foiled. And you also have 1 chance out of 6 to have a 4th card to be swapped for an epic as well.

Price: 225 seals

http://duelofchampions.com/img/news/images/void_prenium_pack.png

Void Rising Box

It contains 10 Void Rising Pack.

Price: 1400 seals

http://duelofchampions.com/img/news/images/void_box.png

Sanctuary Starter Deck

The name means everything : it’s a starter deck with a Sanctaury hero that will allow you to start playing Sanctuary right away. A good way to have a guaranteed Sanctuary hero if you don’t get any in your Void Rising Pack. The listing of the exact cards will be available in the shop.

Price: 75 000 gold.

http://duelofchampions.com/img/news/images/sanc_deck.png

Emilio’s Pack

- 12 cards pack
- Same rarities distribution (8 co, 3 unco, 1 rare)
- For every card, you have good chances to get one from Void Rising or the base set.

Price: 20 000 gold

http://duelofchampions.com/img/news/images/emilio_pack.png

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

groumph88
12-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Good news overall...

Except that void rising pack are very expensive, and will "force" people to buy seals... but meh i intended to pay so too bad for free players :confused:

Uraxor
12-18-2012, 10:39 PM
The information about levelling up and rewards is now duplicated, creating the impression of obtaining the 10kG & 100S twice.
Should be removed from the aftermatch rewards screen.

Overall, judging from Matrix's stream :P I really like the patch and I think that yes, it did solve most, if not all, of the game balance issues.
Spells got so strong, and fortunes too, that soon it will be impossible to play without them, making the Mana Storm a double-edged blade.

What I see becoming really strong is Primal - it got so many useful additions. And proper Rage decks. Virtually unstoppable.

Love the 50kG for 1k ELO. 2 1/2 of mixed deck for (almost) everyone. Yaay :D

Oh + some typos in wording and some unclear cards.
(Can't recall right now, but I'm sure it'll be clear once you go through it. And I'll write it down when I meet the cards again.)

Example:
Retribution: does it's retal dmg before it dies. Does it apply even against retal immune creatures - could be clearer ('if applicable', something along those lines maybe?)

edit: posting bugs in the bug section, one per thread. hope that's all right :)

Thanisse
12-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Aza , might we know a reasoning about the increase of pack prices, as well as why the packs are not aviliable for gold ?
I am not complaining, just curious, as I don't really like the prospect of having to buy emillios packs with my gold for much longer ... although my 12 emilios packs yesterday did give me one of the last 2 epics I still needed for base set :P

Uraxor
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Aza , might we know a reasoning about the increase of pack prices, as well as why the packs are not aviliable for gold ?
I am not complaining, just curious, as I don't really like the prospect of having to buy emillios packs with my gold for much longer ... although my 12 emilios packs yesterday did give me one of the last 2 epics I still needed for base set :P

I got 2 rares I was missing too; either it's extraordinary luck or Emilio's compensate for the higher cost with increased chance of obtaining useful cards ^^

r3tsa
12-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah I got Seria's legion from Emilio's too. xD

That's Satan's work.

Thanisse
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah I got Seria's legion from Emilio's too. xD

That's Satan's work.

Then I dare Santa to give me 4x DA and 3x Banshees too x_X

but staying on track xD ... I would still enjoy a statement of why they are more expensive xD ...
just curious :P

cajun2de
12-20-2012, 01:53 AM
regarding the steep prices ;
-lets say they release another expansion in 5-6 months from now, and uses the same formula of acquisition for the set.

-players in the higher levels, lets say 50+ or so would then be having a hard time trying to save up seals.

-and new players would also have to grind for it, which doesn't work in the favor of those who want to play for free and retain long term interest.

-i would think increasing the rewards we get from tourneys or duels would help this, or a daily reward like 50 seals; or they could offer void packs for gold and not be so expensive in which new players could buy without seals.

-i also hope at some point there would be trading available, and a player economy established.

-i'm just hoping the game stays alive & the community/player base grows bigger :)

-these are just my opinion though.

Seniuk1979
12-24-2012, 09:09 PM
What does it means "New series for every faction"? Are campaign missions are different depending on faction chosen? I'm totally confused...

Uraxor
12-24-2012, 11:31 PM
What does it means "New series for every faction"? Are campaign missions are different depending on faction chosen? I'm totally confused...
sets of cards (spells, creatures ...)

x313490270
12-25-2012, 02:27 PM
looking forward to other stuffs come out!!! Good game,really worth to play!

SenseiKoudai
12-25-2012, 08:29 PM
"Introducing Void Rising!"
... with a way too high price and no way to afford it with gold.

Thanks!

leonid1995927
12-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I'd be fine with it having a high price, but I'm currently fishing for common cards from the expansion, twice a day.

Tier 1 winnings barely help in that regard.

Thanisse
12-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd be fine with it having a high price, but I'm currently fishing for common cards from the expansion, twice a day.

Tier 1 winnings barely help in that regard.

that's the problem :P and why we're unhappy with them being buyable only for seals
emilio-s packs don't help X_X

SenseiKoudai
12-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I will not spend my saved seals on VR beeing selled at this price :-/

Continue saving until the price changes...

SenseiKoudai
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
By the way Aza:

When can we expect a change with how the Void Rising cards are offered?
Whether this mean adjusting the price down to normal or adding a serious box, or adding packs available for gold, or whatever...

Is this rip-off going to last until the next expansion is coming? I hope not, this would be very very disappointing :(
And yes I am calling it a rip-off, because it is just that and only that! And you know it...
I think I shouldn't have expected something else from the beginning, since it's all about the money right? :-/

leonid1995927
01-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Statistically, they earn less money this way, actually.

SenseiKoudai
01-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Statistically, they earn less money this way, actually.

that would be a "loose - loose" situation, if that is actually true o.O
Even more the reason to change this fact...

Aza404
01-03-2013, 10:22 AM
When can we expect a change with how the Void Rising cards are offered?
Whether this mean adjusting the price down to normal or adding a serious box, or adding packs available for gold, or whatever...

I have no info on this for the moment.
As soon as I hear anything I'll pass the news on however.

Best,
Aza