PDA

View Full Version : Please allow us to launch directly to MP! (Steam)

zarakon
12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Launch the game from Steam library
"Performing first time setup" every time
Uplay pops up
Launch game from Uplay
Wait through unskippable logo videos
Click multiplayer.
Horribly designed menu shifts so the mouse is no longer over Multiplayer, preventing a simple double-click.
Click multiplayer again.
SP client closes
MP client starts
Wait through logo videos AGAIN
Connecting.........
Ok now you can play!

It's ridiculous how many steps we have to go through just to start up the game. If we can't launch straight from Steam, we should at LEAST be able to launch straight to MP from Uplay, instead of going through the SP client first.

medavroog
12-18-2012, 04:06 PM
It's ridiculous how many steps we have to go through just to start up the game. If we can't launch straight from Steam, we should at LEAST be able to launch straight to MP from Uplay, instead of going through the SP client first.

We are able to launch the MP from the Uplay PC itself, just go to the Uplay Homepage and download the Uplay PC...start the Uplay PC and sign-in your account, select Assassin's Creed III from the Games (you should have it listed in there because you do have an account on Uplay), then click "Play"...a pop-up will let you select either to launch the SP or the MP.

zarakon
12-18-2012, 04:14 PM
We are able to launch the MP from the Uplay PC itself, just go to the Uplay Homepage and download the Uplay PC...start the Uplay PC and sign-in your account, select Assassin's Creed III from the Games (you should have it listed in there because you do have an account on Uplay), then click "Play"...a pop-up will let you select either to launch the SP or the MP.

Can't use the normal Uplay client if you bought the game through Steam. If I try, it asks for my game key. I put it in, and it says it's already in use. This is apparently working as intended, and is the same for all Ubisoft games bought through Steam (AC:B, AC:R, AC3, From Dust). They each have to launch through their own Steam-specific half-assed Uplay client. Why did they do it this way? No idea. It makes no sense.

The "Play" button in the Steam Uplay client just launches to SP with no option to launch to MP. The dropdown menu next to "Play" only includes Uninstall and Launch in Safe Mode.

medavroog
12-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Can't use the normal Uplay client if you bought the game through Steam. If I try, it asks for my game key. I put it in, and it says it's already in use.

That is just unfortunate...

This is apparently working as intended, and is the same for all Ubisoft games bought through Steam (AC:B, AC:R, AC3, From Dust). They each have to launch through their own Steam-specific half-assed Uplay client. Why did they do it this way? No idea. It makes no sense.

The only Ubisoft game I have on STEAM is "Ghost Recon - Super Soldier", and it does have many issues with linking to the Uplay. I think I can understand your point, after all, that game is not listed in my Uplay PC, only on the STEAM account. Indeed that, this does not make any sense, Uplay and STEAM as well as Windows LIVE should all be linked for the same game's account shall both STEAM and LIVE require the final launch from Uplay, or else it just does not make any sense at all.

The "Play" button in the Steam Uplay client just launches to SP with no option to launch to MP. The dropdown menu next to "Play" only includes Uninstall and Launch in Safe Mode.

That is just not good at all...