PDA

View Full Version : Why are outfits still broken?

Evenesque
12-18-2012, 04:44 AM
It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to fix. Outfits don't show up in cutscenes. Even previous AC games could do this, why hasn't it been addressed? It defeats the allure of an outfit if the game doesn't acknowledge it in the storyline.

the_atm
12-18-2012, 04:58 AM
normal assassin white outfit is high res model, other's arnt, ubisoft wants the cutscenes to look amazing so they only use high res model.

Assassin_M
12-18-2012, 05:00 AM
It`s like that, because in the Cutscenes, the high quality render is being used, while in the Gameplay, the low quality one is used. They did not do High Quality renders for ALL colors. Just the default one.

It`s not like that in other games, because the past games did not use 2 different renders.

Also, I hate it when someone says "doesn't seem that hard" without actually knowing what goes there...Just sayin`

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I hate it when someone says "doesn't seem that hard" without actually knowing what goes there...Just sayin`

Lol so true.

Evenesque
12-18-2012, 09:26 AM
It`s like that, because in the Cutscenes, the high quality render is being used, while in the Gameplay, the low quality one is used. They did not do High Quality renders for ALL colors. Just the default one.

It`s not like that in other games, because the past games did not use 2 different renders.

Also, I hate it when someone says "doesn't seem that hard" without actually knowing what goes there...Just sayin`

It doesn't seem that hard because the game is already half doing this itself. Other outfits will show up in cutscenes but only partially, i.e. Assassin Outfit that has brown/grey tails instead of blue ones when the actual outfit you're wearing is all brown with grey tails.

Also, there's a difference between "it isn't that hard," and "it doesn't seem that hard." The latter reserving space for the fact that the person saying it acknowledges that he doesn't know anything, but given the circumstances, the subject is very straight-forward. Just sayin'

Assassin_M
12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Also, there's a difference between "it isn't that hard," and "it doesn't seem that hard." The latter reserving space for the fact that the person saying it acknowledges that he doesn't know anything, but given the circumstances, the subject is very straight-forward. Just sayin'
That`s what I said, actually...

TOMatXL
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Either way it just looks rediculous that those outfits aren't consistently shown during cutscenes. That's the reason why I never change outfits during the story.

TheHumanTowel
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Either way it just looks rediculous that those outfits aren't consistently shown during cutscenes. That's the reason why I never change outfits during the story.
Yeah it honestly stopped me from buying any new outfits until I finished the story. It's so immersion-breaking and jarring.

xboxauditore
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
I thought they did, I could've sworn I wore the Captain of the Aquila during a Story cutscene.

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah it honestly stopped me from buying any new outfits until I finished the story. It's so immersion-breaking and jarring.

Same here.

SixKeys
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I thought they did, I could've sworn I wore the Captain of the Aquila during a Story cutscene.

I think special outfits do show up in cut scenes, only the dyed versions of Connor's regular robes don't. The special costumes are probably high-res models and there's only one version of each, so that must not have been too hard to implement.

I agree with the OP though. While they had their reasons to not show the dyed outfits in cut scenes, it's still annoying and makes the older games look more advanced in comparison.

Evenesque
12-19-2012, 07:18 PM
I also don't understand why the special outfits make Connor's quiver disappear. It's not as annoying as outfits not showing up at all, but if there's a quiver to begin with, why does it disappear? Why is it taking this long to fix that one simple bug?

rocketxsurgeon
12-19-2012, 07:26 PM

This exactly. & i don't think implementing it would be that easy.

To be honest, i don't mind that Connor's robes in the cutscenes aren't the same as in gameplay.
I didn't change the colour of Connor's robes until late in the game, but regardless the cutscenes looks stunning as they are and the difference in colour doesn't really bother me.

But i guess its just personal opinion.

AdrianJacek
12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
To be honest I haven't changed colors in any AC game for quite a while... I dunno, the default one just seems appropriate. And I don't think Giovanni would like it if I descecrated the awesomness of his robes. :P Also with things like Cristina Missions... yeah, default white/grey it is.
But regardless it wouls still be nice if I could wear the white/red outfit for Connor, that looked really nice. Oh well. :( They could add such high-res models in the King Washington DLC as an extra bonus.