PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations

walwal20
12-18-2012, 12:52 AM
I just created an ubisoft account due to my disgust in playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations. After playing AC1, AC2 and ACB, I got surprised on how ACR changes, and changes to much worse! I hate it's new minimap layout, the voice sounds, the glitches on ledge-assassinations, the environment (I really hated istambul. Florence, Rome and Masyaf were so much more beautiful and pleasant!), the hookblade (Because it does crazy things, like grabbing a place that I could have grabbed with the hand), the bombs (because they seem to call much less attention than they seem to call. Guards simply think the bomb came from nowhere and nobody, they don't search for who threw it like they should have to search) and some things I forgot to mention. I think the only thing that stayed good as always was the history. Really, ACR doesn't give me the will to play, like the other games does; I simply wanted to play the others all the time, but I'm playing this one because it was really expensive and now I have to end it -.-
Well, but congratulations for the other 3 amazing games, and I'm hoping for AC3 being much, MUCH, better game than this one I am playing actually...

Assassin_M
12-18-2012, 01:07 AM
You`ll probably hate AC III more so than Revelations....Just Sayin`

If you hated Constantinople then you`ll HATE New York and Boston..

Watch a few vids of AC III then decide. I wouldnt want you to buy another disappointing game and waste more money..

oOAltairOo
12-18-2012, 02:18 AM
You, I, and many others have had difficulties finishing Revelations.
I just feels way too different...
Could be because of the many studios being involved in it's development.

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 12:57 AM
I just created an ubisoft account due to my disgust in playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations. After playing AC1, AC2 and ACB, I got surprised on how ACR changes, and changes to much worse! I hate it's new minimap layout, the voice sounds, the glitches on ledge-assassinations, the environment (I really hated istambul. Florence, Rome and Masyaf were so much more beautiful and pleasant!), the hookblade (Because it does crazy things, like grabbing a place that I could have grabbed with the hand), the bombs (because they seem to call much less attention than they seem to call. Guards simply think the bomb came from nowhere and nobody, they don't search for who threw it like they should have to search) and some things I forgot to mention. I think the only thing that stayed good as always was the history. Really, ACR doesn't give me the will to play, like the other games does; I simply wanted to play the others all the time, but I'm playing this one because it was really expensive and now I have to end it -.-
Well, but congratulations for the other 3 amazing games, and I'm hoping for AC3 being much, MUCH, better game than this one I am playing actually...
I know, they changed a perfectly good controller layout for no reason. Those controls work with Connor, not Ezio/Altiar. And don't even get me started on the Desmond missions.

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I know, they changed a perfectly good controller layout for no reason. Those controls work with Connor, not Ezio/Altiar. And don't even get me started on the Desmond missions. The bombs sucked, the hookblade sucked, and they're was no reason for a fps portal ripoff

FrankieSatt
12-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Just my opinion, but you should watch some videos about ACIII before buying. While Revelations wasn't the best, ACIII is worse in my opinion. However, if you want to finish the series I guess you should play ACIII.

Solid-Shammy
12-20-2012, 08:30 AM
I've found that Revelations seems to be the most disliked game in the franchise. I think that it is the most consistent, and I like it more than Brotherhood.

shobhit7777777
12-20-2012, 08:46 AM
@OP

I seriously suggest that you heed Frankie and M's advice.

Let me put it this way..after playing AC3...ACR become my fav game in the franchise in terms of the core gameplay and the setting. Its basically a refinement of everything since AC1 and is the most fleshed out game yet. Yeah the narrative had some holes and I have issues with the mission design and over the top elements (BS fluff) but it certainly was a more entertaining experience than AC3.

That said

I appreciated how they tried to bring back some old school feel with AC3.