PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft website not working

Crazybone992
12-16-2012, 06:42 PM
For some reason Ubisoft website doesn't work properly. All the menus are there but in the area where Ubi games are displayed on the front page...well it's just blank. A blank grey background. And when I try to login to the forums via Ubisoft website the forums don't work as they should. I get stuck in an infinite login screen loop which says redirecting but nothing happens. The only way to fix this is to acces the forums via google or some other search engine.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
For some reason Ubisoft website doesn't work properly. All the menus are there but in the area where Ubi games are displayed on the front page...well it's just blank. A blank grey background. And when I try to login to the forums via Ubisoft website the forums don't work as they should. I get stuck in an infinite login screen loop which says redirecting but nothing happens. The only way to fix this is to acces the forums via google or some other search engine.
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?

You should do that, then reboot and see if it happens again.

The blank space - is flash enabled content - if you are using a desktop make sure flash is upto date.

Sometimes mobile devices have issues with flash starting, so something to remember.

Crazybone992
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?

You should do that, then reboot and see if it happens again.

The blank space - is flash enabled content - if you are using a desktop make sure flash is upto date.

Sometimes mobile devices have issues with flash starting, so something to remember.
Thanks for a quick reply mr. shade. Yes I have tried cleaning my browser cache many times but it doesn't help. I've had this problem for a long time already but I just haven't told it before. Not sure about the flash version. I'm gonna check it now.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for a quick reply mr. shade. Yes I have tried cleaning my browser cache many times but it doesn't help. I've had this problem for a long time already but I just haven't told it before. Not sure about the flash version. I'm gonna check it now.
It maybe worth checking using a different browser - just in case there's an issue with the one you use.

Crazybone992
I have the latest version of Flash player installed and the flash player test on Adobe's site is displaying correctly so this has to be something else.

Crazybone992
It maybe worth checking using a different browser - just in case there's an issue with the one you use.

ok I'll try that too.

Crazybone992
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
What is this? Google chrome is the only browser capable of displaying the page correctly. I tried with Firefox too. Firefox displayed the flash content but it was extremely slow and laggy. Ok this is one weird problem.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
What is this? Google chrome is the only browser capable of displaying the page correctly. I tried with Firefox too. Firefox displayed the flash content but it was extremely slow and laggy. Ok this is one weird problem.
I personally use Safari and firefox, both on Mac and both are perfect.

If you have tried rebooting the PC - then I can't really suggest any thing else - you maybe able to get some extra advice from support - however they normally only support the games.

Crazybone992
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Maybe this has something to do with ads. I have the adblock addon in Google chrome. Both IE and Firefox are displaying an ad with a Youtube video when I go to Ubi's home page...

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Maybe this has something to do with ads. I have the adblock addon in Google chrome. Both IE and Firefox are displaying an ad with a Youtube video when I go to Ubi's home page...It should be able to display that - unless you have some software blocking the content / parental filter?

Crazybone992
12-16-2012, 09:00 PM
It should be able to display that - unless you have some software blocking the content / parental filter?

No the video is displayed correctly. Since Google chrome doesn't show me the vid and it displays the flash content as it should I was thinking there might be a connection between those two things

Crazybone992
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the advice though :) I'll see my browser settings and check if anything's blocking the site somehow. In the meantime would you be so kind and check my other thread here:http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737976-Annoying-bug-in-Uplay-friend-system. I have a some sort of glitch in the Uplay friend system and need help with it.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the advice though :) I'll see my browser settings and check if anything's blocking the site somehow. In the meantime would you be so kind and check my other thread here:http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737976-Annoying-bug-in-Uplay-friend-system. I have a some sort of glitch in the Uplay friend system and need help with it.
Not a problem.

I am not support, so am not able to offer it - sorry - it appears a member of the support team is already in that thread though, so you should get in touch with them.

Crazybone992
01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
This has to be a bug in the latest version of Adobe flash player. I downloaded the latest version of Flash player for Firefox to fix lagging in Youtube videos. It fixed the Youtube lag but unfortunately it also made Firefox unable to display Ubisoft's website correctly. Any idea if the next flash player update is going to fix this?

Nil-
07-18-2018, 10:02 AM
Had the same problem
I erased my cookies and it worked again.

Ubi-Karl
07-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Thanks its working.. (https://pakistanupdates.info/)

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's resolved!