PDA

View Full Version : Almanacs not complete glitch (info)

Arkeon1985
12-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi, I'm currently playing the game and checking my dna bar today I noticed I only have 89% on almanacs, even if found them all.
Reading on different forums I found that this is an issue that happened to quite a few players, but unfortunately I did not find a way to fix it (I tried replaying memory 2 to speak to Franklyn but I cant find him in the store and I can't enter buildings in memory replay).
Now I'm on memory 9, I was planning to do all optional quests now, but I'm not going to risk wasting a lot of hours if I can't achieve 100%, so I'd like to know if the developers are already aware of the glitch and if it is going to be fixed soon (maybe before the DLCs so we could have the achievements/trophies in order).
Thanks in advance.

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:36 PM
All I know is this will be the only Assassins Creed I wont get the platinum trophy for because of the broken DNA tracker. I have multiple things completed but the DNA tracker says they are sometimes as low as 30 percent completed but I literally have nothing left to do in this game at all. The almanac pages though did fill correctly but as for a few other things I was not so lucky. So I basically gave up on trophy hunting and 100 percent sync no point in it now

Arkeon1985
12-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Don't give up on it, I'm confident they'll fix the DNA tracker, AC is one of the most important game series of the 2000s and, unlike other companies, (yes, I'm looking at you Terminal Reality, I had to fight for a whole year for a broken patch and be left with a broken game after it >_<) Ubisoft listens to their fans and will fix those trackers sooner or later (hopefully sooner :P).

BUMP

More Credible
12-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I've been begging and pleading to get this fixed. And it looks like they aren't addressing it in the Holiday Patch either.

Arkeon1985
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah I was expecting a real patch before the Xmas... looks like Almanacs and Assassin Ranks are least important than MP...

Wyrewho
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
I have the same problem but with the Assassination Missions and Delivery Requests. Both stuck at 66% even though I've done them all.
Please Ubi get it fixed!

Aphex_Tim
12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
I have the same problem but with the Assassination Missions and Delivery Requests. Both stuck at 66% even though I've done them all.
Please Ubi get it fixed!

You sure about that? I found out that contracts and delivery requests don't always show up on the map by themselves.
Looks like you actually have to find them yourself.
Today i suddenly found another delivery request behind the encampment at Valley Forge and i'm sure there's more to be found.

iamhupahupa
12-20-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm having the same problem with you as well,
I didn't start collecting Almanac pages until I have finish all the main missions,
and now I have all other side quests done, build all inventions and it still showing 89% complete in DNA tracker.

Was hoping that they will fix this glitch in 1.03 patch.....
oh well.....

cmrggamer
12-20-2012, 04:54 AM
For those of you who have around 30% for delivery missions, it increases by 33% each time you have completed all of the missions for one map. The missions did not always show up, though, you had to find them (look in cloudy areas on the map). I don't know if the console patch was supposed to fix this for consoles or not, but note that there are three delivery missions for each map.

For Almanac pages, did you buy the maps that show all of the locations? If not, the location of pages will appear on your map when you pass near them, and you can hear them as they have that special sound.

iamhupahupa
12-22-2012, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=cmrggamer;8813469
For Almanac pages, did you buy the maps that show all of the locations? If not, the location of pages will appear on your map when you pass near them, and you can hear them as they have that special sound.[/QUOTE]

nope, it's a glitch, because I have made all the inventions,
and overall DNA is stuck at 99%

More Credible
01-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Can anyone from Ubisoft please answer this? That'd be great. Afterall, we are your customers... right?

montagemik
01-02-2013, 07:41 AM
I Trust everyone has looked online for maps showing all locations of deliveries & almanacs .

Or has everyone tried Deleting game data - Making a new install with latest updates & starting a brand new Game & save file since the 1.03 update was released ??
( Davinci DLC had a few things that wouldn't work for me - Brand new install & 2nd gamesave & everything worked for me.)

I'm still baffled how anyones DNA registters 30 % for deliveries - When the game is programmed to only register any at all once 33% is achieved.
Has the game code magically re-written itself ?

More Credible
01-06-2013, 07:54 AM
I Trust everyone has looked online for maps showing all locations of deliveries & almanacs .

Or has everyone tried Deleting game data - Making a new install with latest updates & starting a brand new Game & save file since the 1.03 update was released ??
( Davinci DLC had a few things that wouldn't work for me - Brand new install & 2nd gamesave & everything worked for me.)

I'm still baffled how anyones DNA registters 30 % for deliveries - When the game is programmed to only register any at all once 33% is achieved.
Has the game code magically re-written itself ?

Really? Start the game ALL over again? That's about 45+ hours of game play I don't want to do again, without being reassured that this won't happen again on my second playthrough.

Arkeon1985
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Obviously we are epecting a patch that fixes our game, because restarting a 30-40 hours game is just ridicolous and not a solution to the glitch.
I expected some news after a while but it looks like that we not worth knowing if this is going to be fixed sooner or later, better sooner because as everyone probably knows next months' videogame releases will be amazing titles and will (at least for me) delete AC3 and the upcoming DLCs forever if I can't get 100%.

More Credible
01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I just want to update this thread with what I've heard from Ubisoft's Support account on Twitter. Here goes:

@MoreCredible The devs are aware of that issue but I'm not kept up to date on their patch notes. Forums for news: http://goo.gl/4EkFq

@MoreCredible I don't have any specifics about bug reports such as this, but we report all bugs to the development teams for review. Also...

@MoreCredible ...the forum bug thread is monitored by the development teams. They then address issues as best they can and post news...

@MoreCredible ...us here http://goo.gl/x9qIw that details your issue, so that we can be sure to include it in our reports to the devs.