PDA

View Full Version : Dl'd game from steam, won't load

Gman1029
12-16-2012, 03:03 AM
I downloaded this game from steam, and it won't get past the loading screen... I have no idea what's wrong. It acts like it is loading, then closes the screen and goes back to uplay and it acts like i left the game on purpose. no clue.

ASROCK Fatal1ty 990FX
AMD FX 6100 @ 4.5 Ghz
16 GB GSkILL RAM
GTX560Ti X2 in SLI

HALP!

ErwinRumble
12-16-2012, 06:45 AM
You downloaded from steam? I thought the download effed up for everyone.

GeoFrank91
12-16-2012, 07:14 AM
I also downloaded from steam. The game loaded once (the first time) - it opened uplay, asked for my cd key, then crashed almost instantly. Now the game doesn't load from Steam, and uplay keeps saying my CD key is invalid.

ErwinRumble
12-16-2012, 07:14 AM
You downloaded from steam? Is the download effed up for everyone?

RingRaul
12-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I am having the same issue. I put in a ticket on the 2nd and got a response yesterday telling me to re-install uplay, which I had already done with no change in result (I also stated that I had performed this action in the ticket I made). I wish whoever "read" my ticket would have actually looked at the section about what I had already tried.
If I were you, I would try re-installing uplay first (since that is what they will probably tell you to do anyway) and then submit a ticket if that doesn't work. However, be prepared to wait about 2 weeks for a response, even though the expected turnaround on tickets is supposed to be 48 hours.

Gman1029
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Well that's ********.

I should have just torrent'd it like my friends, but I was trying to do the right thing.

They just couldn't hold up their end of the deal.
:mad:

matonking
12-16-2012, 04:43 PM
...Or just buy a physical copy... :rolleyes:

bowhunter001
12-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Try running Uplay in offline mode (click on the button with your name on it, select 'Go offline').

Gman1029
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Tried running in Offline Mode, no dice.
And I'm not buying a hard copy when I've already paid sixty dollars for the ****ed DL.

bowhunter001
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Have you downloaded the FC3 SLI profile for the 310.70 drivers? SLI has several issues. Try running with one card to see if you can load the game.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry you seem to be having issues, but please remember if you purchased the game via Steam - you must launch the game via the Steam Library - do not try launching Uplay directly - since that may result in it asking for a key and the 'invalid key' error - since the key is registered to the Steam launcher.

I would double check your drivers - and install just in case.

If you do not have any luck with drivers etc - please contact Steam support - it maybe an issue with the download, or failing that Ubisoft support.

www.support.ubi.com

Gman1029
12-17-2012, 04:46 AM
OK now i'm pissed.

A) I have been launching from steam the whole time, but the first thing it loads up is ****ty Uplay app.
B) I tried disabling SLI, no dice.
C) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Uplay.
D) Now I'm trying to launch again and it says "Your account is temporarily banned."

Really? So the game doesn't ****ing work, then you're going to go and have my account temporarily banned. This is ****ing ****.
My drivers are up to date. My PC is plenty powerful enough. I would like a RESOLUTION, support staff. I don't want some obscure suggestions of obvious stuff I've already tried. I want the game to work. Or I want my money back (I understand this is something I would have to take up with STEAM) or I want a physical copy of the game. Something has to give here.:mad::mad::mad:

lilmanjoao2004
12-17-2012, 06:24 AM
I am hating on this Uplay & Ubisoft & Steam thing going on bout this game not working. I have tried everything on the internet that was talked bout, bout FC3 not working or not being able to log in. Ubisoft needs to fix this **** and fast!!! $60 and to have the game not work, REALLY... I'm done last title from these guys.

GeoFrank91
12-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry you seem to be having issues, but please remember if you purchased the game via Steam - you must launch the game via the Steam Library - do not try launching Uplay directly - since that may result in it asking for a key and the 'invalid key' error - since the key is registered to the Steam launcher.

I would double check your drivers - and install just in case.

If you do not have any luck with drivers etc - please contact Steam support - it maybe an issue with the download, or failing that Ubisoft support.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

The problem is that uplay (at least for me) doesn't even launch from steam. I've searched high and low, and have yet to find a solution that works.

Gman1029
12-18-2012, 02:08 AM
ANY UPDATE ON THIS?

can anyone that DL'd from Steam play this game>?:mad: