PDA

View Full Version : Bug or poorly designed mission?

Wh00ster
12-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Sequence 5 with Sam Adams...so you're SUPPOSED to climb over rooftops to get to the tunnel? After Sam Adams specifically says not to? And he can just walk past the guards like nothing? And then when the guards are standing in front of the printer's place, there's no way to distract them and you just have to slaughter them in front of everyone?

That entire sequence I felt like I was missing some obvious way to distract guards or pull them away

SixKeys
12-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Yeah, this really confused me the first time. It's also stupid that Adams tells you he will lead you to the tunnels and then you're the one leading the way.

DisturbedJim83
12-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Its a poorly designed mission just like the badly written Allied A.I in the naval mission The Sea Wolves where the merchant Vessels your supposed to protect keep deliberately sailing into the 4 enemy Frigates broadsides,or the rocks, or even into your ship no matter how hard you try to avoid them.

And thats not including them also constantly getting in your way everytime you manage to get one of the Enemy Frigates lined up for a Broadside, seriously the people who wrote these 2 missions should be sterilized so they cant breed this level of stupidity in the following generations of humanity after they have been fired from their jobs of course

bveUSbve
12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Sequence 5 with Sam Adams...so you're SUPPOSED to climb over rooftops to get to the tunnel? After Sam Adams specifically says not to? And he can just walk past the guards like nothing? And then when the guards are standing in front of the printer's place, there's no way to distract them and you just have to slaughter them in front of everyone?

That entire sequence I felt like I was missing some obvious way to distract guards or pull them away
As has been said already, it's definitely poorly designed. And there are a lot more VERY POORLY designed missions in this game. In New York you stumble upon places where THE GAME tells you to do X or Y (]SPOILER]burn blankets, carry sick people,[/SPOILER] etc.) without being tasked by anyone - or given any explanation whatsoever. Bad design, or no "design" to speak of at all?.

But what's equally annoying: the general lack of choice to solve problems like the one in the above example, other than murdering dozens of (rather) innocent common soldiers. No prostitutes or special bombs to distract enemies like in the previous titles.
And of course no stealth-mechanics at all - Ubisoft won't risk to "bore" the kids by providing means to be subtle...