PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer is ridiculous!

XZAROX
12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
So I decided to try the multiplayer and it is simply impossible to play it. Everyone is level 50, except me, everyone spams those completely overpowered smoke bombs everywhere. One time I was getting stunned for like half a minute by 4 different guys: one guy throws a smoke bomb and stuns me, then second one comes out, throws the smoke bomb again and instantly stuns me and so on... I mean how are you supposed to defend against this? There should be some sort of 10 second immunity after you have been stunned by those smoke bombs or something. The low level ability sets are completely useless too. If you make smoke bombs the most overpowered ability of all, you must include it in the beginner's ability set as well, otherwise it is impossible to play, unless you started multilayer from day 1.
Somehow I never imagined ac multiplayer meant constantly choking on smoke while everyone else just stands there and keeps slapping you.:mad:

RexNovus
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
So I decided to try the multiplayer and it is simply impossible to play it. Everyone is level 50, except me, everyone spams those completely overpowered smoke bombs everywhere. One time I was getting stunned for like half a minute by 4 different guys: one guy throws a smoke bomb and stuns me, then second one comes out, throws the smoke bomb again and instantly stuns me and so on... I mean how are you supposed to defend against this? There should be some sort of 10 second immunity after you have been stunned by those smoke bombs or something. The low level ability sets are completely useless too. If you make smoke bombs the most overpowered ability of all, you must include it in the beginner's ability set as well, otherwise it is impossible to play, unless you started multilayer from day 1.
Somehow I never imagined ac multiplayer meant constantly choking on smoke while everyone else just stands there and keeps slapping you.:mad:

One of the starting sets has the abillity "wipe". If you use it, your opponent can't use any abillities (including smokebomb) for like 5 seconds. Regardless, I do agree with you and I've said it countless times that new players will leave the game because of the smokebomb (because it's so obvious overpowered) and yet a lot of people prefer the players leaving (and thus a very small community that will be left in the end) over the smokebomb being changed.

I must say the bomb was a lot worse in Revelations though, I don't know if you played it. Anyway, do some Wolf Pack games (and be stealthy, don't steal your teammates kills (especially the ones who are poisoned). get a lot of good quality kills and you'll level up quite fast.

balance6
12-16-2012, 12:30 AM

You are totally right, im not even know why the game put together low level players with level 50's, the whole multiplayer searching system is a joke (lack of options).

RexNovus
12-16-2012, 12:43 AM
You are totally right, im not even know why the game put together low level players with level 50's, the whole multiplayer searching system is a joke (lack of options).

Worst part is, it's been like that since Brotherhood. Nothing about the searching and matchmaking/balancing has changed. Putting lower level players with prestige and other high ranking players, yea.. not the best thing to do. Although the smoke bomb is unlocked at level 22 I think, so regardless of level, many players will get the bomb rather soon (and all other abillities).

medavroog
12-16-2012, 08:08 AM
So I decided to try the multiplayer and it is simply impossible to play it. Everyone is level 50, except me, everyone spams those completely overpowered smoke bombs everywhere.

There are two ways you can counter this issue:

1 - Purchase the Erudito Credits in order to buy the Skills and Perks
2 - The Default Set 1 has the Coin Bomb and the Default Set 2 has the Wipe

No matter which choice you make, in the end it still require tactics and techniques...with a good tactic and a well excuted technique, a level-1 player can still kill or stun a level-50 player.

spectatorx
12-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Before i started any mode with additional things like bombs, poison, pistols, etc i've made my first prestige (50 levels) by playing simple deathmatch only, it allowed to me to unlock all these things of this kind and ability to craft them.

AntiChrist7
12-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Offcours you're gonna be a lower level than people who started MP at the first day. although it is true that the matchmaking is not good. then again ,the pc-community is so small compared to console, so its either the current system or waiting an halfhour before you can start a well balanced match.

Like said, do some wolfpack with a friend: you'll level up very quickly, and unlock the abilities you want. And you learn to know the maps

furthermore, level isnt always an indication of skill. i've seen level 25 play better than level 50.
Don't give up, its great fun ;)