PDA

View Full Version : Supplies

greenponcho
07-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Will the supplies (food, water, toilet paper, fresh water, soap, cigarettes)decrease in the progress of the mission?

greenponcho
07-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Will the supplies (food, water, toilet paper, fresh water, soap, cigarettes)decrease in the progress of the mission?

bertgang
07-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Good question.
Food is a key factor, water less (they a had a tool for use sea water).
Toilet paper provisions are out of my interest, in this context. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

bausbis23
07-11-2004, 10:53 AM
i asumme the 3-d provisions will decrease over time . or when you reach a certain point in your patroll then they dissapear .

RedTerex
07-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Toilet paper and soap was such a low priority in a WWII U-Boot that I doubt that it will even get a mention.

creature comforts were not catered for, only the essentials to survive.

Washing and shaving or hygene as a whole was not strictly adhered to as water and facet fascillities were basically used for the preperation of food, coffee etc as priority one.

Life aboard these subs in war was not a pleasure trip by any means. All stories refer to a hard uncomfortable existance MOST of the time.

Luckily for us we can drink loads of coffee, eat Pizzas and all sorts of luxuries as we play in our virtual subs.

So for added realism when you play SH3, dont wash or shave for a week ! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

OK take her down, 300 feet, ahead 1 third !

RedTerex

greenponcho
07-17-2004, 01:58 PM
also the medicines, bandages etc... will decrease?

Pappy55
07-17-2004, 04:16 PM
I think food provisions should be an inportant factor..would get tence if you started running out of food far away from port.

Take note dev team...

"They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!"

jeroen-79
07-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Strictly speaking, you start running out of food the first meal after you leave port.

But food can be modeled the same way as fuel.
Your crew is the "engine" and an engine will consume fuel depending on how hard it works.

Food consumption can be described by a formula:
C = W * T * X
Where C is the consumption in kilogrammes,
W is how hard the crew works in %,
T is the time the crew works
and X is a conversion factor to turn it into kg.

W can be the sum of a minimum (standard daily routines) and any additional work ordered by the player. (repairs, loading torpedoes, etc)

The actual reduction of the foodsupply could be done at regular "mealtimes" at which the accumulated foodpoints since the last meal are deducted.

Similar things can be done for repairs and wounds.

For example, when a machine is damaged it is damaged for X points.
To repair it X spares ar taken from the spares on board.
There could be different spares for different machines.

Xanthippus
07-18-2004, 04:35 AM
I doubt this should really be included. Most patrols had what was required, basically if you had diesel then you had enough of everything else (I don't know of a food shortage or loo paper crisis which forced a boat home, if it did, it must have been exceptionally rare). Maybe if you have to get re-supplied by another U-Boat for longer patrols (as was a significant feature in the war which i hope gets modelled) you can equally assume you are re-provisioned with what you require.

The management of spare parts would be an unnecessarily complicated chore in my mind.

TASKFORCE1x1
07-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Should be able to hit an AI ship and if we are lucky to have it leak fuel and it abandons attack we should be able to catch up with it if it runs out of fuel. Would be great for trackming down scattered convoy ships. If it can happen to us it should happen to AI. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Keep on Smiling'