PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Economic system mayhem!!

handsofstone
12-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Can anybody explain the crafting / pricing scheme or can anyone point me to a comprehensive guide? I have been bumping along making tons of dough, now however I can no longer buy Hickory Lumber to make Buttons, so I can no longer craft Fine Clothing. Also the pricing scheme is driving me crazy. I was going to make Bandages to sell but it would cost me 1,024 a pop - I don't get it. Why the insane crafting price? I am sure that there is a rational explanation, but for the life of me it just escapes me, and I have not been able to find a decent guide that explains how this works - unless of course the crafting system is bugged for PC gamers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
The Cleaver

bveUSbve
12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry, I can't really "explain" the economic system of ACIII. I simply accepted whatever prices are presented to me - and sometimes wondered why after successfully delivering my goods via convoy (being lucky NOT to lose the whole convoy!) I seemed to have earned noting or very little. And this for putting up with the utterly inadequate crafting/trading graphical interfaces...

Maybe the prices of some goods are largely dependent of the dealer you sell to? For example, maybe goods related to warships (masts etc.) are best sold to a dealer "overseas"?

Regarding the availability of Hickory Lumber: Apparently the artisans of your homestead generate those resources in a limited quantity over time. So if you bought the maximum quantity (10 pieces?), then you have to wait some time (or do a mission??) before a new quantity is available.

Anyhow, the economic system isn't sufficiently fleshed out and, as mentioned, the handling of it all is atrocious. Thus it can be seen as a good thing that making money is mostly irrelevant for anything going on in the main missions...

The game should have been in development for several months longer - or perhaps a whole year longer -, then those things (among several others) might have been implemented in a half-decent way. But if Ubisoft can publish the game in this severely compromised state and be quite successful with it - many raving reviews and sold in the millions -, why should they make the effort?

AntiChrist7
12-13-2012, 10:07 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting