PDA

View Full Version : Problem with man-eater quest

asso1972
12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I know it's a really common bugged quest, however i didn't find anything about my case.
I play AC3 on PC, about the man-eater quest this is what happens: i find all clues, i go into the cave, BUT only one corpse is inside it (the soldier one).
So i cannot put the second body near the blooded bones in the cave, and as a consequence nothing happens: no bear to fight with. (I saw the second body on a youtube walkthrough).
Does anyone experience the same problem? I tried to start again the quest, change map, coming back more times, nothing happens: outside the cave lots of bears to fight , but inside nothing.
Any suggestion?
Thanks for reading my post.

Tully__
12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Moved from General Discussion.

drewits
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
really there's nothing to do execpt move on and hope for a patch
or start a new game suffer through to where you were and hope the quest isnt bugged in that save.

SixKeys
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
I had a similar problem (PC player here too). Entered the cave, found nothing inside, went back outside and was told to look for clues all over again. Repeated what I did earlier, went back into cave, still no bear. I figured maybe I just had to come back later when suddenly BOOM! Bear appears out of nowhere behind me. So I think it is glitched in some way, but you might get it to work if you try several times.

asso1972
12-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Guys, problem SOLVED!
If anyone's got the SAME problem, read here:
I don't know if the quest needed that , or if it's just a bug, however the topic is simple: BEAR APPEARS ONLY AT NIGHT (maybe at dawn, better at night). If you go investigating in the place at night you find the second corpse inside the cave (not the soldier, the other one near the entrance of the cave), you put it near the human bones, and ZAC! The bear's over there waiting for your killing!!
Thanks fo reading my post and for attention.
See you!

jills toy
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Guys, problem SOLVED!
If anyone's got the SAME problem, read here:
I don't know if the quest needed that , or if it's just a bug, however the topic is simple: BEAR APPEARS ONLY AT NIGHT (maybe at dawn, better at night). If you go investigating in the place at night you find the second corpse inside the cave (not the soldier, the other one near the entrance of the cave), you put it near the human bones, and ZAC! The bear's over there waiting for your killing!!
Thanks fo reading my post and for attention.
See you!

Thanks, this has been driving me crazy and very frustrating. Dead soldier in the cave already but no body outside. I'll try again when its dark and hope I can move on.

montagemik
01-24-2013, 03:41 AM
You can do this mission at ANY time of day or night - Search the clues in the green area - Enter the cave - pick up the corpse near the Entrance & take it further into the cave , towards the small hole in the cave wall at the back - Then the bear appears .
You can kill it with an extended Quick time Event like normal bears - or place the body nearer the bones & hide in the leaves to try for a hidden kill on the bear .

I Never found any second body in there , just some bones.

jills toy
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks, this has been driving me crazy and very frustrating. Dead soldier in the cave already but no body outside. I'll try again when its dark and hope I can move on.

Went back at night and followed the clues, found the body at the entrance and dropped it on the bones inside the cave and voila! A bear attacks. Not sure why it didn't work for me during the day nor others. Also found one dead body and a groaning man in a nearby a camp. I assume they were attacked by the bear as well. Thanks for the tip!