PDA

View Full Version : 99% done and can't go further... why.........

BarmyTaffster
12-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Because this stupid courier need to get in Thief's mission 1 is a rare spawn and is a pain in rear as i've spent many hours now looking waiting trying other peoples methods and still can't get one to show. This is riddiculous. :(

OSantaClownO
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Since you are waiting specially for the courier, I recomend you to go full notirous since that will cause many of the NPC to run forcing new one to spawn - giving you a much bigger chance to have the courrier spawned.

Also search some Youtube videos , it seem the courrier has "lucky spots" when he usually can be spotted on.

Good luck!

ROFLBOT
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
I just can't get the "win 500 pounds in games". I have no idea how to play any of the games and I pretty much lose at everything. :(

Dellers
12-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Because this stupid courier need to get in Thief's mission 1 is a rare spawn and is a pain in rear as i've spent many hours now looking waiting trying other peoples methods and still can't get one to show. This is riddiculous. :(
You totally wanna take a look at this: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/178261-thief-challenge-take-down-courier-2.html
Post number 18 has a picture of a spawn location of couriers. I tried it myself, and sure enough, after a few minutes a courier showed up while I was standing in that area.

I just can't get the "win 500 pounds in games". I have no idea how to play any of the games and I pretty much lose at everything. :(
Try an easy version of Six Men's Morris or Nine Men's Morris. You want to start off in a corner (outside or inside square doesn't matter), then place another chip in the corner directly opposite of it (diagonally), then the third chip should be placed in one of the last two corners. Then you'll be in the lead by your next move. Then try to make your enemy lose more chips until they have 4 left, but then do not take another. You should then try to trap the opponent's chips so that he cannot move them - and you're the winner. If this doesn't make any sense I could make a video for you to demonstrate how easy it is when you get the hang of it (since the opponent isn't that good in the novice games).

ROFLBOT
12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
You totally wanna take a look at this: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/178261-thief-challenge-take-down-courier-2.html
Post number 18 has a picture of a spawn location of couriers. I tried it myself, and sure enough, after a few minutes a courier showed up while I was standing in that area.

Try an easy version of Six Men's Morris or Nine Men's Morris. You want to start off in a corner (outside or inside square doesn't matter), then place another chip in the corner directly opposite of it (diagonally), then the third chip should be placed in one of the last two corners. Then you'll be in the lead by your next move. Then try to make your enemy lose more chips until they have 4 left, but then do not take another. You should then try to trap the opponent's chips so that he cannot move them - and you're the winner. If this doesn't make any sense I could make a video for you to demonstrate how easy it is when you get the hang of it (since the opponent isn't that good in the novice games).

Monkey see, monkey do. :)

OSantaClownO
12-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Try to always bet on 100$ to make the process faster and play familar / easy games. Such as Bowls or Checkers.

BarmyTaffster
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Have enjoyed this game to the fullest untill got this stupid Thief mission - catch the courier. Has really spoilt it for me even after following other people's advice, dart him, poison him, and many others and still have not completed it. A real downer. Hopefully they will see that many of us have a major problem with this guy and will fix it in the near future. So until then goodnight from me :)

Dellers
12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Don't poison him or anything like that. The only safe way to get it registered is to tackle him. B button on a 360 controller. Anything else are not supposed to work and may very well prevent a successful event.

BarmyTaffster
12-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Love the way people mostly say "B" button on controller...i'm sure i posted in the PC forum :) anyways i'm such an idiot as i was tackle him and pressing wrong button... for PC users... PRESS "E" :) sequence 1 & 2 now complete just that silly one getting the earnings by playing games to do...and from what I've read in forums and on vids there a NIGHTMARE!!.

Dellers
12-14-2012, 01:04 AM
It's not that bad. Less than an hour if you're good at it or a couple of hours if you suck at the games should be enough to do that. What's really a nightmare is the achievement that requires you to win the game inside your house. That's insanely hard.
And about the first thing, I just play with a controller (like most people in these games I believe). I couldn't dream of playing AC with my kb and mouse. Different tools for the different tasks I guess.