PDA

View Full Version : No Boss Fight? The Missing Element of ACIII... (Possible Spoilers)

SeventhChimera
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Something I just realized...

No bosses in ACIII... Think about the other games in the series for a minute. From fighting the Pope, to other leaders of the Templar order...
Every game has had a boss fight where the main antagonist of the game has extended health and you must fight him...

This one does not.

There were no tough fights over the Apple of Eden in this game. Desmond sequences weren't challenging.
I don't consider this a spoiler at all...

The question is:
Does this mean I have to buy the DLC to fight Washington over the Apple?

and:

Shouldn't this boss fight be a part of the disc? I don't get why the fight for the apple would be left out.

dewgel
12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Something I just realized...

No bosses in ACIII... Think about the other games in the series for a minute. From fighting the Pope, to other leaders of the Templar order...
Every game has had a boss fight where the main antagonist of the game has extended health and you must fight him...

This one does not.

There were no tough fights over the Apple of Eden in this game. Desmond sequences weren't challenging.
I don't consider this a spoiler at all...

The question is:
Does this mean I have to buy the DLC to fight Washington over the Apple?

and:

Shouldn't this boss fight be a part of the disc? I don't get why the fight for the apple would be left out.

There was no fight for the Apple. Connor's story didn't revolve around the Apple. His was about the Amulet (despite him not knowing) and protecting the sacred land from the Templars.

As for the boss fight, there aren't really boss fights in games these days. However, the Haytham vs. Connor fight could be classed as a boss fight, as the rest was chasing lee..

pirate1802
12-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't think boss fights are totally necessary for a great experience. I myself had zero problems with the absence of boss fights, infact its only after reading this thread that I'm recollecting there were no boss fights in AC3 lol. I must be only one who is not at all enamored by the AC2 fist fight with the pope.

The Washington DLC is a completely different story, not related to this one. The Connor in that DLC isn't even the same as AC3's Connor. Also not every game had a "fight over the Apple".. Revelations didn't have one for example.

TOMatXL
12-12-2012, 10:11 PM
This makes me roflol in fact: boss fight: The Pope! :D

But technically you're right of course!