PDA

View Full Version : Board games - why does the computer cheat?

SixKeys
12-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I've been playing Nine Men's Morris and the computer AI is clearly cheating. When I'm about to win, my opponent starts moving his pieces around the board wherever he likes, even though he should be trapped. How is this possible?

ACfan443
12-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Lol, it's not cheating, when you have 3 pieces left, you're allowed "jump" wherever you like on the board. Unless it's something else you're referring to.

SixKeys
12-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol, it's not cheating, when you have 3 pieces left, you're allowed "jump" wherever you like on the board. Unless it's something else you're referring to.

What the hell? Why isn't this mentioned anywhere in the instructions? And why am I not allowed to do the same thing when I'm down to three pieces?

dxsxhxcx
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
What the hell? Why isn't this mentioned anywhere in the instructions? And why am I not allowed to do the same thing when I'm down to three pieces?it's definitely there, the first thing I did when the AI started to use that movement was check the instructions again to see how I could do the same and I found it (maybe you didn't notice the scroll bar on the right side of the instruction box)...

ACfan443
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
No matter how many of the opponent's pieces you take at the beginning, once he reaches three pieces you're screwed. Unless you can put together a very clever set up, it's inevitable that both of you will be eventually battling it out with three pieces each. Try playing another game, when you have three pieces left, select one and you should be able to place it anywhere.