PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only getting getting horrible lip syncing in Far Cry 3 PC?

Sadarak
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I suspect I actually may be either alone or in a small % as I can find very very little on the issue written online. I know one or 2 reviews have stated there are 'minor lip syncing issues' and for the first half of the gamne I didn't notice any really big problems, but lately it feels like its gotten way way worse. Some recent speeches have been so off that the actions the character is doing on screen and what they are saying dont match by 2 seconds at times, which ruins story scenes.

I can see the game trying to compensate, where if there is a space in the conversation the next part of it even overlaps slightly with the old part (as if the speach is going either too fast or slow for the animations).

It always seems fine if the character is only speaking a few words or a single sentance with gaps in between, but big speaches like for example (SPOLIER) when Citra is walking you through the temple and pointing out pictures, there are times when the speach is opff a good 1 or 2 seconds and actions too.

It's currently ruining the game and I have tried everything, different displays, resolutions, graphics settings, nvidia inspector settings, refresh rates and so on.

Does anyone else have this and its just no one else cares, or is it just me?

*GTX 580 running at 1920x1200 at ultra all save medium postfx and 60 fps during cut scenes (with v-sync, HBAO, 3 Gpu buffer frames).*

bazrah99
12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I occasionally get it but it clearly annoys you more. I noticed that if you replay a cut-scene the lip syncing levels vary....

EvilPixieGrrr
12-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Please let Support (https://twitter.com/VeryGrumpyCat)know about this, they can isolate the cause and make sure the team knows about it to get a fix going. It would be appreciated!

Sadarak
12-12-2012, 12:54 AM
What that an acual suggestion Evil or were you just extracting the water?

My guess is it's some kind of mili-second refresh issue like Oblivion used to have, which would account for the on/off nature. I do notice all Vaas speeches seem fine which makes me wonder, its mostly the other ones, Citra, Buck etc that suffer.

I'm mainly trying to find out if it's just me getting the larger version (certain ones 1 oir 2 seconds out) or if everyones got it but as it doesnt happen during Vaas no one else minds much.