PDA

View Full Version : I had ACIII spoiled for me. Still worth Playing?

qpalzmw
12-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi all. I'm a big AC fan. I own all the games up to Revelations, and was really looking forward to getting ACIII this Christmas and finishing the story. I say was because yesterday I came across a MASSIVE story spoiler (about Desmond) in the comments of a Kotaku article unrelated to AC (I know right?). As you can imagine, I'm feeling pretty bummed :( Now I want some opinions. is there any point in me playing the game now since I know how it ends? Basically, does your experience with the game indicate that the journey will be satisfying, even if I know the destination?

Thanks for the help,
qpalzmw

Ross123123
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
You don't really play as Desmond much so you might as well play to learn about the other characters

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Not really :s

VitaminsXYZ
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Well if you're an AC fan, I'd say go for it. Also, how much were you spoiled? Did you read about every single little detail? (In which case you should've stopped reading. lol) Or was it just a "this happens to x character" type of thing? I had parts of it spoiled for me, too, but I was interested in seeing how it all lead up to that.

And plus, like Ross said, the Desmond sections are small. You should be good if you didn't stumble across too many Connor storyline spoilers. It's the main part of the game anyways.

Jill_Ripper
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm actually in the exact same situation as you. I accidentally had ACIII spoiled (and likewise was totally bummed by the ending). I haven't asked for it as a gift from the folks this Christmas because of this. I don't think I could bring myself to ask them to pay $60 for it. But I may get it up the road a ways, once it drops in price (or if Steam puts a nice deal on it). My older brother has it on his Xbox though, and the multiplayer looks like a lot of fun. I may get it just for that. He also told me that the gameplay was quite a lot of fun, despite the ending.
Just my 2 cents.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I had it spoiled pretty badly, too. In my case it was actually a good thing, because I managed to get past the 5 stages of grief (I might or might not be still stuck in the depression stage) before I started playing AC3. So, if anything, it helped me not to hate the game so much as I would have surely hated it if I had found out about it first hand during my first playthrough. Hope this helps! :)

ze_topazio
12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
If only play games for the story you might as well spare the effort and stick to books and movies.

Free_Hidings
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM
The gameplay itself is awesome in my opinion so if you play games for the gameplay you will love it. If you are only interested in story I would still reccommend playing, it's not always WHAT happens but HOW it unfolds that makes a story great.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't recommend it actually. In fact, I wouldn't recommend it before either. Your better off just renting it...

InfectedNation
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
I got the Desmond ending spoiled too, big deal - Because the game was epic and I loved Connor's story.

Of course the game is still worth playing!

rileypoole1234
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Just play it.

CalgaryJay
12-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I had the game ruined too when I was only half done, and I still enjoyed it to the end.

By the way, if its the same spoiler it was for me, that's a very small part of the ending. Big picture there's a lot more.

I don't care about the story as much as many others seem too (I'm more of a gameplay/graphics guy), but I'd say still play it.

DavisP92
12-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Desmond's story sucks anyways, i don't play AC for him. In fact I'd like it more without him, so to answer your question, yes. If you care for the story of Connor then you'll still enjoy it. I have games spoiled for me all the time, friends tell me the ending because i don't care if they do (unless i say i do). To me it's more about the journey there rather than the ending.

pirate1802
12-12-2012, 03:54 AM
I had the story spoiled for me too, both about the ending and about that dirty little twist which people would know what I'm talking about. Still really enjoyed the game. Its about the journey, not the destination, for me anyway. And I could care less about what happened to Desmond.. I don't play it for him anyways. Connor is where ost of the fun stuff lies for e, and I was mostly unspoiled about his story.

pirate1802
12-12-2012, 03:56 AM
I have games spoiled for me all the time, friends tell me the ending because i don't care if they do (unless i say i do). To me it's more about the journey there rather than the ending.

I know that feel.. I'm yet to start Farcry 3 and I already know half the story thanks to my generous friends. But like to return the favour when I can xD