PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Season Pass Steam

DrBlutengott
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
So I bought Assassins Creed 3 on release date from Steam, the standard edition mind you. Then just this week I purchased the Season Pass from steam. Ubisoft said that the Hidden Secrets (just a repackage of various pre-order bonuses) as well as the King Washington DLCs would be available on December 6th for Deluxe, as well as being available to season pass holders and other people on December 11th.

From browsing the Ubisoft forums, only a small amount of people have managed to access the Hidden Secrets DLC. Ubisoft has it seems screwed things up.

I have tried entering the code both for my Season Pass and Standard Edition in the Extras section of the main menu (I feel like I should have three though?). It accepted my Season Pass code, but whenever I attempt to enter my Standard Edition code, I get a message saying I have been disconnected from the Ubisoft Servers.

So basically, Ubisoft is not doing things well at all. If anyone is experiencing a similar problem with AC3 through Steam, or has a work around please post here.

warfire1989
12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
the people who have access to it where the ones that bought it sepratly and not through the season pass (so in other words its the complete oposite of what it is suposed to be)sorry but ubi soft really screwed the pooch on this one. even after calling them up and being told they would email me about it day later no email argh im fed up with there lies lies liers

DrBlutengott
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Well thats fairly interesting, theres not even an option to buy the DLC separately on Steam. It seriously cant be that hard to ship some "DLC" most of which is already in the game files. Why does Ubisoft always have such a terrible distribution system. Including having to log into Uplay just to play a game.

TechParadox
12-11-2012, 11:34 PM
So apparently the confusion that has arisen over this whole thing relates to Ubisoft's inability to communicate with their customers as to how to deal with what they paid for up front versus the DLC that comes after the fact. To wit:

- Those who bought the Digital Deluxe edition got a bit of the shaft on this one since the majority of the first DLC is stuff they already got with the deluxe version. If the user has the DD version, they can go to the Extras menu and re-enter all three of the game codes that were provided - it'll unlock the bonus multiplayer characters and the missions that give them the exclusive content that are part of the first DLC pack because they already paid for them. The remainder of the first DLC pack is in a holding pattern until Ubisoft extracts their craniums from their nether regions and gets the distribution issues on PC figured out, but they apparently couldn't be bothered to notify their paying customers of this.

- Those who bought the base version and then added the season pass after the fact are also getting screwed, because not only did they NOT get access to the DLC the week before it was available for general release, they're still not getting access to the content they paid for because Ubisoft can't figure out what's wrong with the system and get the content pushed out to the PC players.

If they'd just been honest with us up-front, we would have known that there were problems with the PC version of the DLC and there wouldn't have been all this uproar. Sure, we would have been a lot of noise from us, but at least our anger would have been aligned in the proper direction - at Ubisoft for not having the DLC ready to go when they said they would.