PDA

View Full Version : problem sparkling texures

Kheops8028
12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
hi,

In the game I've got a probleme : there are sparkling texures (or blacks points) with clipping on the objects or vegetation. I tried several parameters but it is the similar.
My GPU is Gigabyte GTX 670 WF2 with driver the last beta.

bloodybadger
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I've seen stuff like that, flashes of white or red, sometimes in half inch long slivers flashing along hillsides. Doesn't seem to affect playing or stability.

I found another bug. When you rescue Lisa and go back to the doctor's house and try to find a way to the cave (just follow the path to the left), don't step into the gazebo for a nice view of the ocean. Lisa follows, but stands in the "doorway" and blocks it. You're stuck. She won't move out of the way, and you can't jump over the railings either. No escape from the gazebo is possible. I thought about shooting her, but if possible, would have meant a mission failure. Had to redo the mission from the last save.

Another bug I found: When you buy your first gun, the 60 buck pistol, there's a house across the street. It was in line with the path to my next mission, so I cut through the yard, I think it was on the left side of the house, and I hopped over a picket fence and plunged into some kind of strange floating, nether world, like wall clipping, but weirder. Had to exit and reload a save. Don't jump over that fence.

I also had a bug at the very beginning of the game during the cut scene with Vaas. The sound and video were out of sync, by about 5 seconds. Had to exit and restart, then it worked in sync. Haven't had another issue with it since.

So far, these are the only 3 bugs I've found.

Kheops8028
01-14-2013, 06:20 PM
I always have this problem sparkling texures or blacks points with clipping it's ugly. My game have the last patch and my GTX 670 have got the last driver 310.90.

BWX232
01-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Same exact video card and drivers..

The only thing that helps is maxing out all in game video settings- set to" ultra" if they are not.

I guess lower settings make this particular problem worse. If it is already maxed out, then that is as good as it gets and there is nothing you can do.

I don't even think editing the xml file will help.

Kheops8028
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I tried all the graphic parameters, dx11 and dx9, several drivers nvidia but again this problem.
I saw on the Internet many players also have this problem.
I do not play any more with this problem.

BWX232
01-15-2013, 07:00 PM
I tried all the graphic parameters, dx11 and dx9, several drivers nvidia but again this problem.
I saw on the Internet many players also have this problem.
I do not play any more with this problem.

Well that is pretty dumb. It isn't a huge problem, definitely not a game stopper. You must be completely anal retentive to stop playing such a great game because of a little pop-in which every single video game ever made suffers from in one form or another to some degree or another. It sucks but it is't that bad in most circumstances.