PDA

View Full Version : So Im extremely confused about the story [spoilers]

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Now im only at sequence 2, so please no spoilers from anything past sequence 3, but why are we playing as this Haytham? Dont tell me they did the MGS2 switch but only backwards, we play as Haytham until the last two sequences, and then play as Connor!?

Actually come to think of it I wouldnt really mind this, quite a nice idea ubisoft came up with there, they usually do stuff with konami as far as MGS goes so im not surprised they tried this idea out.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:16 AM
No its important to Connors story and the whole Story

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
That doesnt really answer my question, but thanks for replying anyway.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:19 AM
you only play as him up until sequence 3 i think

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Now im only at sequence 2, so please no spoilers from anything past sequence 3, but why are we playing as this Templar Haytham? Dont tell me they did the MGS2 switch but only backwards, we play as Haytham until the last two sequences, and then play as Connor!?

Actually come to think of it I wouldnt really mind this, quite a nice idea ubisoft came up with there, they usually do stuff with konami as far as MGS goes so im not surprised they tried this idea out.

As guy above said it is very important and you start playing as Connor at sequence 4.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Just play til end and you will understand.

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh thats kinda lame. Is it meant to be like a surprise or anything?? cuz that kinda sucks knowing now

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, you asked. :p

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Oh thats kinda lame. Is it meant to be like a surprise or anything?? cuz that kinda sucks knowing now yes it was meant to be a surprise lol so yeah finding out he is a Templar before hand ruins it theres even a Achievement called how do you like them apples

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Well not like that man, now anyone who hasnt played past sequence 3 who reads this topic up to this post is pretty much spoiled as well.

I mean is it made out to be a big twist and such, are we lead to believe he is actually a Templar all along?
EDIT: Wait he is templar all along?

DOULBE EDIT: So Wait, connah si Templar, Templar si Templar?

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Well not like that man, now anyone who hasnt played past sequence 3 who reads this topic up to this post is pretty much spoiled as well.

I mean is it made out to be a big twist and such, are we lead to believe he is actually a Templar all along?
No sorry dude you did ask about him and said he was a Templar in the OP put a Spoiler tag on it

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:27 AM

EDIT: Wait he is templar all along?

Well i just said you start playing Connor at seq 4 i didnt mention Haytham.

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:27 AM
i didnt know he was a Templar! How was I supposed to know he was a Templar, I told you before im only at sequence 2 theres no need for spoiler??!!

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
You mentioned it in the OP so we kinda assumed you already knew....

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
You mentioned it in the OP so we kinda assumed you already knew....
now he took it out of the OP someone is high or something

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
i didnt know he was a Templar! How was I supposed to know he was a Templar, I told you before im only at sequence 2 theres no need for spoiler??!!

I didnt tell in any part that he is Templar and yeahhhh you mentioned it in OP!

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:30 AM
now he took it out of the OP someone is high or something

Yup!

Jack-Reacher
Well i just said you start playing Connor at seq 4 i didnt mention Haytham.

Yeah thats ok I suppose I asked for that, didnt think it would be so obvious of a switch though I mean yeah sure its going to be Connor eventually, already at 2 so it must be soon, like sequence 3 or something, maybe 4. Any more would be way too much haytham. I just had no idea it was templar

Deadlysyns666
I didnt tell in any part that he is Templar and yeahhhh you mentioned it in OP!
look at the OP now :P

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Somebody's trolling...

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Somebody's trolling...

Agreed

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah thats ok I suppose I asked for that, didnt think it would be so obvious of a switch though I mean yeah sure its going to be Connor eventually, already at 2 so it must be soon, like sequence 3 or something, maybe 4. Any more would be way too much haytham. I just had no idea it was templar

With no offense mate,do you know what are you talking about.

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah man, I knew we were going to play as Connor EVENTUALLY, and I figured it would be soon. However I then started thinking, what if we dont play as Connor until sequence 10, and we play as this Haytham Templar guy this whole time? That would be pretty interesting, to play in the past as a Templar Ancestor, who has Eagle vision. It would have been far more interesting than Connor, who barely even cares about the assasisns tbh, you dont really find out more about the assassins and Templars at all, but then again I havent finished the game yet so I wouldnt know until the end I suppose

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Connor, who barely even cares about the assasisns tbh

How do you figure? You're still at sequence 2 right?

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Well he is just some native isnt he?

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Well he is just some native isnt he? Totally Trolling for more Spoilers lmao

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah, just like Ezio was just some Italian and Alta´r was just some Arab.

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I just figured he had jack all to do with the Assassins from birth and thus wasnt realy going to contribute as much to the Assassins as Altair and Ezio did. Of course im probably totally wrong and should just wait and see.

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, just like Ezio was just some Italian and Alta´r was just some Arab.

Well not really man, Altair was the student of the Assassins leader at the time 1145, under Al Mualim. So in that time you know who the assassins are. Same as Ezio, you are you become another grandmaster for the assassins. Im sorry but I just cant see some random Native somehow become the head of this thousand year order. Would be cool if he does though come to think about must, should probably just wait and see before someone ruins it

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Well he is just some native isnt he?

wtf?

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Well not really man, Altair was the student of the Assassins leader at the time 1145, under Al Mualim. So in that time you know who the assassins are. Same as Ezio, you are you become another grandmaster for the assassins. Im sorry but I just cant see some random Native somehow become the head of this thousand year order. Would be cool if he does though come to think about must, should probably just wait and see before someone ruins it Altair was raised to be an Assassin and Ezio knew nothing about the order till his father died

psf22
12-11-2012, 12:09 PM
What a completely useless thread

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
This thread is full of fail

Jack-Reacher
12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
What a completely useless thread

What an extremely useful post.

psf22
12-11-2012, 01:28 PM
What an extremely useful post.

You'll see how useful it was (thus how useless this thread is) once you've finished the game.

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
but why are we playing as this Haytham?
I thought about it during the whole game. I haven't found the answer. It is completely pointless.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Soory mate but i really dont understand WTF are you talking aobut.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Are you really asking why are we playing as Haytham ? uhhh okay.It was one of Desmonds ancestors who made first contact with KEY.And than Haytham made child and by animus rules we started revealing memories of Connor ,his son? You get it now?

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 02:41 PM
nope

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 02:45 PM
nope

Why? What part you dont understand? Desmond is revealing memories because they need to find location of keyso they can enter grand temple but he must reveal them by some order.So Haytham comes first and than Connors.

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
that "key" part is absolutely broken. All this story is broken by Desmond and his friends. He should quietly lie it the Animus and watch how Connor lives -_-

but not interrupt all the story by his pointless talking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SA7mnoeXe3I

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought about it during the whole game. I haven't found the answer. It is completely pointless.

It was to give the story a good starting and also to show that the "bad guys" are not all that different than the "good guys".

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
It was to give the story a good starting and also to show that the "bad guys" are not all that different than the "good guys".
We had to think about this ourselves. It's not necessary to explain so thoroughly.

btw, we knew who his father was even before launch... so, pointless

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
that "key" part is absolutely broken. All this story is broken by Desmond and his friends. He should quietly lie it the Animus and watch how Connor lives -_-

but not interrupt all the story by his pointless talking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SA7mnoeXe3I

Ohhhhhhhhhh :(

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
We had to think about this ourselves. It's not necessary to explain so thoroughly.

The difference between interpretation and fact..Had we not seen a benevolent and non-bloodthirsty Templar by our own eyes we'd still be arguing if its not all Templar ruse. Now we know for fact that atleast some of them are as good or bad as the Assassins. Most of us here took him to be an Assassin, so close was the resemblance.This is the major reason to have the player play as Templar IMO. And it goes hand-to-hand with the rest of the game's tone. It may also have an important role to play in the future, (templar-assassin alliance and such) none of it would work if the player hasn't "seen" the other side.

btw, we knew who his father was even before launch... so, pointless

I didn't O.o

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
The difference between interpretation and fact..Had we not seen a benevolent and non-bloodthirsty Templar by our own eyes we'd still be arguing if its not all Templar ruse. Now we know for fact that atleast some of them are as good or bad as the Assassins. Most of us here took him to be an Assassin, so close was the resemblance.This is the major reason to have the player play as Templar IMO. And it goes hand-to-hand with the rest of the game's tone. It may also have an important role to play in the future, (templar-assassin alliance and such) none of it would work if the player hasn't "seen" the other side.

I didn't O.o

it's just too simple... every organisation, every place has good and bad people, if it was the only reason they made us to waste our time on Haytham, than it's not worth it.
Yes, Haytham is impressive dramatic charachter, unlike Connor but it's not necessarily to play as him to understand that. Too simple, like a slap in the face.

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
And here is was thinking this thread couldn't fail any harder.

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
it's just too simple... every organisation, every place has good and bad people,
So you know, but show me one good Templar who wasn't intent on manipulating innocent lives or wasn't after power and glory. The difference is between telling and showing. We know Templars manipulate the public opinion. Had haytham just came and told you of their actual motives (the rooftop discussion with Connor) we'd think he is BSing. But actually seeing his beliefs in action, we know better.

Yes, Haytham is impressive dramatic charachter, unlike Connor but it's not necessarily to play as him to understand that..
Not even talking about Haytham the character, but what he represents. Many of my friends were hooked with this idea that Templars are the "good guys" and Assassins were the "bad guys" because guess what? The Ezio trilogy pretty much confirmed their belief.

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
And here is was thinking this thread couldn't fail any harder.

Thread died long ago, let us dance

Not even talking about Haytham the character, but what he represents. Many of my friends were hooked with this idea that Templars are the "good guys" and Assassins were the "bad guys" because guess what? The Ezio trilogy pretty much confirmed their belief.

Man who kills people can't be good just can't)

Jack-Reacher
12-12-2012, 04:02 AM
No such thing as good and evil. Its just chaotic stuff that happens.