PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hosted a public game with there own map?

ChomasCharles
12-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Somebody please tell me how to host my map so that anybody can join the lobby!? As far as I can tell the only way to host your own map is by selecting it from the map editor archive and clicking host public match. The only problem is that when people go to playlists and select bronze maps, instead of being sent to people who are hosting from the archive, they get put on a random bronze map. Its like the playlist lobbies and the Archive lobbies are not connected, how can I host my map in "playlists"?

PLEASE HELP! :(

AnEastonfection
12-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Answered on my map thread.... Short answer.. You cant

ChomasCharles
12-10-2012, 07:03 AM
thanks mate thats all I need to know. That is a joke, why would anyone spend hours making maps if they cant even play them with others online? are we suppost to just make them for other peoples enjoyment?, what a crock! I will send ubisoft a message of disgust, not that it will do me any good.

christiandorau
12-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Reason simply is that the game had to be published before christmas, so some things were completely skipped (split-screen-MP), while others were obviously implemented in such a rudimentary way, that they are in fact unplayable (or at least unenjoyable) - just take a look at the whole Co-Op/MP section of the game. Ubisoft surely knows that, but I'm not too optimisitc that much of this will be fixed/added in future patches. Giving players "the full FC3 console experience" on their high-end PC and an absurd refusal to provide dedicated MP servers reveals how much Ubisoft really cares about their customers and communities ...

iPetX
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Answered on my map thread.... Short answer.. You cant

You can, but change to get that many players is so low.

ChomasCharles
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
This problem needs to be fixed and soon if they dont want all good map makers to stop playing. Nobody is going to spend hours of their life making maps that they cant even play with other people, its bad enough that they disabled vehicles, AI, and ziplines, now with this aswell it makes the map editor worthless.

As far as I know this is the only fps with what was once a decent map maker, I cant get my head around why they would ruin that.

Did far cry 2 have these problems on the PC? the last editor I played was Instincts predator on xbox and that had everything you could want in an editor, if this was identical to that with better graphics I would be happy as larry.

AnEastonfection
12-11-2012, 12:06 AM
They abandoned the MP and map editor because WAY more people will buy a game with a 90 review score of the SP, than the loyal fans who will play the multiplayer for years. The future of this franchise is grimm. Without the longevity of the multiplayer, this game will eventually be lost in the sea of 5-10 hour SP games that are really only good for a rental.

Ill take Skyrim after 100 hours, over the first 5 hours of playing the SP of this game. Heres every gun fight Ive had so far... Shoot one guy, run behind something... Dumb AI assumes Im going to stand there for 20 minutes, flank around and shoot em in the back.... Rinse and repeat till all dead ...BOOOORRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG....