PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a Little Misleading Marketing?

WHLNH
12-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Explore the island, a huge new world....well, maybe.

Here I am on my first mission, collect the flowers and the board skins, and when it is time to go back I get into my car to drive. The screen pops-up about fast travel, but I want to drive back. So, I am following a direct route to get back and "wham", I've left the region so have failed the mission. Come on. If everything is linear and I must follow the game, such as "fast travel" instead of driving and if I am held to specific regions ther eis nothing here that meets a "explore the island" type of sales.

Not complaining about the game per se, but frustrated thatI failed a mission for doing exactly what the marketying hype says I can do.

BE Forewarned, stick to the script.

Bill

Crooked_Ferret
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
When you accept a quest you are sometimes limited to the 'quest area'
It actually makes a certain amount of sense to me because at some point you're just running away... regardless of what your actual intent was.
...I've never had to turn in a hunting quest, it always completes when the animal in question was killed with the proper weapon type for the mission.

I've also NEVER been forced to fast travel except the very first time when it was introducing the mechanic. ....which believe me you will be using later on in the game.

Matt_156
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
When I first played this mission, I was appalled. I hate fast travel and never use it in any game, and to be forced to do it for any reason is idiotic. I also tried to just run back to town and when I failed the mission b/c I didn't fast travel I literally facepalmed.

bowhunter001
12-09-2012, 08:36 PM
It's only that mission, so players will learn how to fast travel. Sadly, there are still players asking how to fast travel on these forums. You won't ever have to fast travel again to complete any mission.