PDA

View Full Version : Dlc 1 problem: Music missing

dobiess95
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi first of all sorry for my bad english im swiss.
I`ve got a problem, since I`ve installed the first dlc the music in the missions is missing. Does anybody have the same problem? And do you know how to solve it? I tried reinstaling the game and that didn`t do the trick. Help please i think the music makes up so much of the games atmosphere and i dont wanna start my game from the begining.

Kane_Rus
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM
I've got this problem too.

dobiess95
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Are you playing on PC or is this occuring on other platforms too?

Kane_Rus
12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
just on PC

ZeNewk
12-10-2012, 07:10 PM
same problem here. Game info: PC: AC3 - rus 1.01+ installed "Hidden Secrets" (DLC1)

CobaltMK
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah,I donīt have any music,too.
I just wanted to play this ****ing game full of bugs and low performance,but without music and the epic feeling I will just quit the game.
If there is no fix for all the problems I will never come back to it I think...

unionjack_89
12-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Same problem here I sent a ticket to the support team. :/

CobaltMK
12-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Bump...

Bobbtom
12-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Same here, this is quite annoying.

Anykeyer
12-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Everyone here should send tickets to support. Maybe then they will notice. Maybe...

Bobbtom
12-14-2012, 09:49 AM
everyone really should tell ubi support, this glitch has been ruining the experience for me.

epek2222
12-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Send one to support too,

zentos123
12-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Same problem,how send ticket?

CobaltMK
12-14-2012, 12:57 PM
ubisoft support wont do anything about it,like they didnīt do anything about the FPS problem on some PC-Systems...

Anykeyer
12-14-2012, 01:05 PM
ubisoft support wont do anything about it,like they didnīt do anything about the FPS problem on some PC-Systems...

Well, if they wont fix it by the end of this year, I will demand refund and actually sue them if they refuse. Thats it, Im really pissed by all those problems. I want my music, my champion packs and my courty/deacon rewards. DLC files are actually dated before games's release date. So they had more than enough time to find and fix it. I can only think of 1 way this could happen. They dont test and they dont give a f.uck.
Ubisoft is officially the worst PC publisher.

CobaltMK
12-14-2012, 01:41 PM
They obviosly didnīt test the game before releasing it on PC,look at all the bugs and glitches,they should have noticed...

Dizlol
12-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Support is telling me to deinstall the game, dont have anything running in the background, disable AV and firewall, with revelations this same bug appeared after beating the game, they then blamed it on my video card (Had a laptop back then, now i got a full fledged gaming rig) they really don't have a bloody clue what they are talking about, and certainly WON'T FIX THIS they never patched revelations to fix this problem. so anykeyer start asking for your refund.

Darkereus
12-14-2012, 04:44 PM
It's absolutely not the video or audio card problem because we used to play it perfectly with a music before install the DLC :( And reinstall the game didn't solve anything (I've already tried that)

Is there anyway to delete the DLC? I just want to play the game again with the BGM.

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 04:49 PM
I have DLC installed and I can't understand if I have the music bug or not... I remember there was no music during exploration, only background sounds etc. I tried a random fight vs redcoats and some kind of military music started... In which parte of the game do you miss music?

Darkereus
12-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Try replay the mission in the DNA session especially the mission that you have to chase someone. I can't hear any music :\ All the sounds seem to work fine but no BGM. (BGM in fighting scene is the only music that remains normal, the other were gone)

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 04:57 PM
which mission do I have to replay in particular ?

Darkereus
12-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Any, for me they're all gone. or if you want to try, try the mission in the last SQ that you have to chase Charles Lee.

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes, the music is gone... **** !

I've already sent a " ticket" to ubisoft support... Maybe Mr_Shade can you make sure the devs are aware of this bug? Every user who has DLC installed is experiencing this problem

edit/update

this is what a steam user said in the forums:

"After a few checkings I can tell that the score disappeared from all cutscenes (that does not include the big ones, like the intro or the Minerva's speech at the end) and all the "scripted missions", like the chasings or thing like that. But It is still there during the fights and in the main menu (that is the most important of course) !"

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 11:08 PM
LOL

Ubisoft support anwered my ticket ( funny , I wrote in english and they answered me in italian, my language), and guess what they told me?

To " Check if my windows audio settings are set in 5.1 or 7.1 mode, with me having only 2 speakers." and that " my problem lies within windows audio setting and not in the game "

LOL

Dizlol
12-15-2012, 12:14 AM
LOL

Ubisoft support anwered my ticket ( funny , I wrote in english and they answered me in italian, my language), and guess what they told me?

To " Check if my windows audio settings are set in 5.1 or 7.1 mode, with me having only 2 speakers." and that " my problem lies within windows audio setting and not in the game "

LOL

Yep they're not gonna fix this, they tried the same with Revelations... the bug also is still there when u open a new save file, so basicly we need to play our games without DLC...

Boemundus
12-15-2012, 12:21 AM
and what about who has already the DLC installed ?!

NightmareGK13
12-15-2012, 01:21 AM
wait are you telling me my music is gone forever?
or until they fix it?

Bobbtom
12-15-2012, 03:00 AM
or until they fix it?

We should literally prod the support constantly with this issue this game is not broken whenever I try to play again.

ShardofTruth
12-15-2012, 03:22 AM
I just listend to the Homestead music on youtube I think I never heard it before ingame, what I do remember is background music during some cutscenes and while fighting. What exactly is different with the DLC installed?

Darkereus
12-15-2012, 05:54 AM
I just get the music back but by delete the DLC pack files. After a few testing it points out that cause of the problem really came from the DLC files. Because when I tried uninstall everything,put on the clean one and create new save, the music was there! (But my old save aren't working now because you need to install DLC to make it work. Funny thing is when I install it, the music gone again *lol*)

So now I design to play the whole game again without DLC :( waste of money..

Anykeyer
12-15-2012, 08:03 AM
or until they fix it?

There is a chance they wont lift a finger and will try to sell another DLCs like nothing happened.
After all they managed to get away with this in ACR DLC3 (no music too, but only in DLC itself, and only on PC, can be easily fixed by useer, but they never aknowledged this bug and never fixed it). I hope this wont happen this time because untill march AC3 will not reach EOL (end of life) state. Yes, Ubisoft games reach EOL in just 6 months, what a joke. Valve and Blizzard release patches for decade old games. And what a strange coincidence - they dont whine about PC piracy. Because customers are not dumb, they see when a company actually cares. Will you buy something from someone who sold you something that is broken in all possible ways before?

ShardofTruth
12-15-2012, 08:52 AM
I just get the music back but by delete the DLC pack files. After a few testing it points out that cause of the problem really came from the DLC files. Because when I tried uninstall everything,put on the clean one and create new save, the music was there! (But my old save aren't working now because you need to install DLC to make it work. Funny thing is when I install it, the music gone again *lol*)

So now I design to play the whole game again without DLC :( waste of money..
What DLC pack files? Doesn't the first DLC just change the AC3SP.exe?

Bobbtom
12-15-2012, 09:07 AM
There is a chance they wont lift a finger and will try to sell another DLCs like nothing happened.
After all they managed to get away with this in ACR DLC3 (no music too, but only in DLC itself, and only on PC, can be easily fixed by useer, but they never aknowledged this bug and never fixed it). I hope this wont happen this time because untill march AC3 will not reach EOL (end of life) state. Yes, Ubisoft games reach EOL in just 6 months, what a joke. Valve and Blizzard release patches for decade old games. And what a strange coincidence - they dont whine about PC piracy. Because customers are not dumb, they see when a company actually cares. Will you buy something from someone who sold you something that is broken in all possible ways before?

Do you think that a user or is it even possible to fix the music fix here?

dobiess95
12-15-2012, 10:18 AM
How do you delete the DLC files? Every time I deinstall it and Install it again the DLC is still their.

zentos123
12-15-2012, 11:13 AM
How do you delete the DLC files? Every time I deinstall it and Install it again the DLC is still their.

Just delete 2 files from game directory.DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge and (multi/DataPC_skins_0004_00000010_dlc.forge)

Boemundus
12-15-2012, 11:23 AM
but deleting dlc saves won't work, right?

Anykeyer
12-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Just delete 2 files from game directory.DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge and (multi/DataPC_skins_0004_00000010_dlc.forge)

Only 1st file needs to be deleted. This DLC music bug does not affect multiplayer.

Yes, its a fix. BUT, this is equal to removing DLC, so everyone who got it just wasted their money.
And on top of this you cant load any savegames accessed when this DLC was installed. It will tell you that required DLC isnt installed

zentos123
12-15-2012, 11:26 AM
but deleting dlc saves won't work, right?
The saves with dls wont work you need to start a new game.

Boemundus
12-15-2012, 11:32 AM
It's fun how the user community has found the cause of the problem in like... 1 day? What the f.u.ck are dev team doing? WE KNOW ITS THE DLC, c'mon ! I'm really sick and tired of all this lack of communication and support.

Darkereus
12-15-2012, 12:21 PM

Yes. that what I do here :) but you have to start a new game because the old will ask you to load a DLC.

Now I feel so disappoint about the money I wasted. I'm Asian and the money I spent on this isn't a small amount(I have to pay for VAT too). But what I got was DLC and some big terrible bug here:(

Hope dev team will fix it, just hope.

CobaltMK
12-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Well,I installed the DLC on my first playthrough(Iīm in Sequence 9 now) and the music was gone.
So the only way to continue playing the game with the music(which I really really like) is deleting the DLC files and starting a new game?
Oh man,thats ****,I just wanted to end the game...

Darkereus
12-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Support just answered my ticket and they told me to use their program, maybe to gain some info from my laptop? It's good to know that they probably start solving the problem (maybe?).

I'll keep update here if I have more information or a way to fix this.

Boemundus
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
what do you mean with "use their program"? Didn't you already contact them through their support service?

Darkereus
12-15-2012, 05:26 PM
They sent me a program name San-tool and told me to run it and it will created the zip file which contain my laptop system informations(spec, etc.), and I need to send this file back to them. Seem like they're trying to blame our system again. Why didn't they just check or test the DLC first...

PS.Sorry again if I make any mistake in English

Boemundus
12-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Ok I'll try to be calm with this. I kindly ask the moderators to read this and send information to dev team.

The missing musig bug is a typical software bug and has NOTHING to do with the user's system configuration. This is proven by removing DataPC_DX11_3-dlc.forge file, which removes the bug but also the DLC and the saved games compatibility. Even a 6y old kid can figure it out. I repeat, this is NOT a hardware-related problem, nor a system configuration problem. I'ts note like the (in)famous FPS issue that strikes many people in many different ways. Here EVERYONE who downloaded the DLC is having this bug.
These people ALREADY sent tickets to ubisoft support, but in most cases they received incompetent answers like "cheking the windows audio settings".

As the bug isn't discovered in an immediate way, I also invite anyone who reads this to verify personally the issue by following the guide I posted in another thread, and reporting info in the forum.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738606-IMPORTANT-how-to-check-if-music-is-missing-after-DLC-installation?p=8800381&viewfull=1#post8800381

Please can the mods or someone from ubisoft communicate with us on this matter??

unionjack_89
12-15-2012, 11:02 PM
They sent me a program name San-tool and told me to run it and it will created the zip file which contain my laptop system informations(spec, etc.), and I need to send this file back to them. Seem like they're trying to blame our system again. Why didn't they just check or test the DLC first...

PS.Sorry again if I make any mistake in English

They sent me the same program. I wait for the solution.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-15-2012, 11:15 PM
It's always something with this game.

I hope they will patch it this week.. ****, stuff like this just pisses me off.

what a ****ty QA team they must have.
(sorry to put it like this but ive youve had this **** since AC revelations... well I don't want to waste anymore words on this and risk getting banned..)
but i have to say my balls are boiling at the moment...

BrerWlf
12-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Just chiming in to say that I've also run into this problem (for if/when someone checks the threads). A ticket is already submitted.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Just chiming in to say that I've also run into this problem (for if/when someone checks the threads). A ticket is already submitted.

nice
everyone make sure ubisoft knows about this problem.

sigh, i just want to play this game

Boemundus
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm wondering if this problem occurs only to Steam users and Retail users as well...

Tim_Skijwalker
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm wondering if this problem occurs only to Steam users and Retail users as well...

retail as well

Boemundus
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
I asked because it seems not much people are complaining

Tim_Skijwalker
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
I asked because it seems not much people are complaining

yeah I'm surprised by the limited response as well.

I still really hope ubisoft takes this very seriously because this isn't some minor bugg that can be fixed next week.. this is game breaking and needed to be fixed yesterday...
and with yesterday i mean before the DLC was released

fruchtzwerg1970
12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I also have this crappy bug. So far, no reasonable answer of support. Ubisoft should be ashamed for such a lousy service. I bought the Season Pass for good money and can not use it now, because the music is missing. It is sad that Ubisoft apparently does not care.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Boemundus
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
I also have this crappy bug. So far, no reasonable answer of support. Ubisoft should be ashamed for such a lousy service. I bought the Season Pass for good money and can not use it now, because the music is missing. It is sad that Ubisoft apparently does not care.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Ubisoft isn't ashamed, 'cause they got our money and probably are drinking champagne "at our face" ("alla faccia nostra", italian motto)

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Guys, I have reported this issue, however please make sure you are also reporting it to support.

Support may not have a fix, however your support requests will show how many people are affected and will help the team greatly

Remember to give as much detail as possible about your PC setup / sound card etc etc.

www.support.ubi.com

Darkereus
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
What do you mean by 'Support may not have a fix'??? Did that means we have to play something that we waste money for with such an annoying bug?

At least give us some refund (if they don't have a fix) :( Please don't act like there are nothing happened here. I wouldn't complain anything about this if I get the DLC for free. We pay our money to get access to the additional experiences, not a bug.

Edit: Sorry if I put too much pressure on this post, but I'm very disappointed now. AC is the best game that I have ever love and I used to have a lot of appreciation and respect for Ubisoft. So please don't repay me with something like this.

Edit again: and please... The problem isn't about our PCs or sound card anymore. We had proof so far that the main cause came from the DLC files and someone had already sent this fact to support. Hope support team will see that and release some fix soon.

Assassin_Banana
12-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Im a Steam user and i can confirm that a lot of people in there have no music as well.
I got the Deluxe Edition and i noticed the music missing after steam made a quick 600 kb update this week and now i cant hear any background music at all. Voices and efects are working well, but in some parts of the game like cutscenes the music is complete gone!! For example: i cant hear anymore the opera music in sequence 2 when playing as Haytham and during naval missions i only hear the efects and voices, also in the begining of the game when Desmond finds the cave there is nothing, music only plays during fighting and running from guards. My guess is that something was made during the Hiddens Secrets update that is causing this problem.
I hope this can be fixed as well. This game has disappointed me in its quality and im a huge fan of Assassins Creed, i was expecting some bugs before the game launch but to be honest this game has so many that i think they souldnt have released it like this.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
What do you mean by 'Support may not have a fix'??? Did that means we have to play something that we waste money for with such an annoying bug?

He means that when you send a ticket support won't send you a "FIx"
all support can do is tell the Devs that this really needs to be fixed.

which is all we need right now..

Thanks for that reply Mr_Shade!

we have waited a long time for this!

Boemundus
12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry but I ain't satisfied by Mr_Shade's statement. Here we're talking about a well known bug, and I mean well known in its cause ( the DLC.forge file). Probably it's not Mr_Shade's fault, but the dev team ( or anyone who has responsability over patches) should have posted an ETA for the fix, which I'm sure it's somenthing very simple to do ( proven by the fact that removing the aforesaid DLC file the music comes back).

Cmon people ! 30 minutes after the DLC was out, a user opened this thread and after like 2 hours, the community discovered how and when the bug occurs, after 4 hours the community discovered the cause. I bet that if the community had the rights and tools, the fix would have been ready in 8 hours.

I know many people who spent hard earned money to play this game and now they can't because it's ruined. If I were the QA team, resolving this would be the N. 1 task in my agenda.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
If people are not reporting the problem via support, then the process takes a lot longer.

its vital that people affected use the support system - since it plays a vital part in deciding what is patched and when.

if there is not the volume of reports people seem to be implying, to back up my reports then it can take longer to be fixed.

the forums are not a replacement for support, no matter what people assume, so people need to be using them!

Mr_Shade
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Oricum muzica e varza cea mai prosta muzica de pana acum la un Assassins Creed.
Please speak English on the forums.

if you are doing this in protest to your recent troll warning, you are not helping yourself.

Boemundus
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I think it's romanian language. He says that ACIII music sucks anyway. (google translator)

ACIII music is awsome, that's why all of us want to hear it again!

Bucur92
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes it is romanian you can use Google Translator to post on whatever language you wish french,spanish you name it.

Anykeyer
12-17-2012, 02:21 PM
At least one guy is happy. But I want my music back.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes it is romanian you can use Google Translator to post on whatever language you wish french,spanish you name it.i know..

however this is the English speaking forum, so use English please.

Darkereus
12-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Support told me to disable my background applications, clear my temporary files and update my sound card....

How long would they take to figure out that it didn't my laptop or sound card problem anymore... I'm quite tired now :'(

Mr_Shade
12-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Support told me to disable my background applications, clear my temporary files and update my sound card....

How long would they take to figure out that it didn't my laptop or sound card problem anymore... I'm quite tired now :'(
The first contact you get may be a FAQ of things to try for basic trouble shooting - which may not always work.

you need to tell them that it didn't work though, then your request is forwarded on to the team to look at.

xingjian
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Hello people I like to join this happy community.

The music is gone as well for me, after the dlc. And yes i sent a ticket FRIDAY. THEY HAVEN'T GIVE A ***** RESPONSE YET. I'm a very calm person, but now, I'm very angry. It is poved that the DLC cause the bug. If just one member at Ubisoft install the game with the dlc to his computer he can see it clearly. I'm sure they know about the problem, just act like it doesn't exist, because it's easier to send back messages like " check your hardware configuration" than fix the problem. They don't care about the PC users, as long as console users don't have this problem, we are not important.

I know that this problem won't be fixed, because if they don't promise that it will be fixed it won't. I'm in the business too so I know.

So i just delete the DLC and play the standard game with music, and then forget UBI. Of course I will never buy anything from Ubisoft again.

Thank you that you've read it.

xingjian
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
The first contact you get may be a FAQ of things to try for basic trouble shooting - which may not always work.

you need to tell them that it didn't work though, then your request is forwarded on to the team to look at.

Yes there are 3 levels of support. First level support is a very basic support, who send you things that are already written for him to the different kind of problems. If first level fail to solve the problem then he forward to 2nd level, but the guy on the first level has to gather every information first from the people. 2nd level can solve harder things, and if they fail they send it to 3rd level. but i don't understand why we have to do the entire procedure to 3rd level, it is clear that the bug is there. Some of the memebers at the company just have to install the game to a computer and then the DLC. And then clikc the play button, and go to the opera with haytham, and there will be no music!!!!!!!!!!! Why it is so hard to install the game and the dlc to a computer, and see that the problem is there.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
I know many people who spent hard earned money to play this game and now they can't because it's ruined. If I were the QA team, resolving this would be the N. 1 task in my agenda.

exactly.. I fail to see how this isn't N1 on the agenda...

I just cant see it and that frustrates me... more than i expected.

sharkdrutt
12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
I have sent a ticket as well....

Let's see what basic reply I will get... i think I already know what they will say: everything but the solution to the problem.

Yes indeed!
The solution is simple for the devs: install DLC 1 - start the mission in the opera...tadaaaaa!

I wish the devs could be a bit clever... or test it themself with their "own" computer...

xingjian
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Let's see what basic reply I will get... i think I already know what they will say: everything but the solution to the problem.

Yes indeed!
The solution is simple for the devs: install DLC 1 - start the mission in the opera...tadaaaaa!

I wish the devs could be a bit clever... or test it themself with their "own" computer...

They are clever enough, they know about this issue, I'm sure. But now there is no time and money for this fix, beacuse they are working on the next DLC! Why repair a bug if it it doesn't bring money. the next DLC will bring money, from the consoles, maybe from the PC users too, and who were fool enough to buy the season pass are already paid it, so why bother with a patch or fixing the problems. This is ubisoft's policy for years now. They will release 3-4 DLC-s and then close the assassin creed 3 support, and develop the next game.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-17-2012, 04:29 PM

Yes indeed!

I send a message..
well these are 2 lines of my message:

"Don't tell me to scan my computer because we already know its a DLC problem.
you can read YOUR forums for more info on that: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736314-Dlc-1-problem-Music-missing/page5"

they replied with:

Delete temp files

open Msconfig make sure nothing starts up at launch

use our program to scan your computer

i read with awe!
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2011/04/barack-obama-stari_1111370c.jpg
^my expression when reading.
(i am in fact not barack obama)

Boemundus
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I bet that even if Barack Obama himself had this issue, they wouldn't make a fix in the next days

xingjian
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
We are stuck at 1st level support :( and we can't reach th 2nd level, it's like they don't read what we write, they respond to everything the same things. If you write next time to "******** you" he will respond to check your msconfig. :D

sharkdrutt
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
We are stuck at 1st level support :( and we can't reach th 2nd level, it's like they don't read what we write, they respond to everything the same things. If you write next time to "******** you" he will respond to check your msconfig. :D

haha probably ;)

Boemundus
12-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Ok I'll share this info with the community.
Italian ubisoft support, which seems to be faster in responding, today (6 PM) wrote me the following:

(Italian)" La ringrazio per la sua cortese informazione in quanto mi muoverō subito per informare il reparto di sviluppo del gioco/DLC in modo da comprendere se vi sono errori di script all'interno di esso."

(english translation) " I thank you for your information as I will immediately inform the dev team about the issue, and discover if there are script errors in the game/DLC"

Tim_Skijwalker
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
(english translation) " I thank you for your information as I will immediately inform the dev team about the issue, and discover if there are script errors in the game/DLC"

awesome!
thanks a lot

epek2222
12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Send ticket at Thursday morning, 1st reply at evening was to scan my comp with their program, i replied them right away and from that moment no response.

sharkdrutt
12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
They told me to reinstall the game ... delete some files....bla bla...

wrote them again... and guess what? no response now

Tim_Skijwalker
12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
They told me to reinstall the game ... delete some files....bla bla...

wrote them again... and guess what? no response now
don't bother man..

just wait for a fix ;D

Dustpan
12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Having the same exact problem as everyone else, tried reinstalling the game and messing with the sound options, didn't fix anything.

Can someone direct me to where I can open a ticket?

sharkdrutt
12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Please all do this...so they are aware...

I even told them to test it easily... just install DLC 1 and start the opera mission... let's hope those devs test it themself

CC-FOX
12-17-2012, 09:20 PM
yeah i have the same problem, cool ubi:mad:

Bakin360
12-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Just for the record, I am also experiencing the no music bug.

I followed Mr_Shade's advice to open a support ticket, but after reading this thread it looks like we need a petition with thousands of signatures before Ubisoft is even considering to give a ****.

A " Sorry, wer're aware of this problem and we're working on a solution" would have been a nice move.

Sorry for the bad English, it's not my mother tongue. ;-)

Carch
12-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Here's the response I got from Ubisoft Support for my ticket about the missing background music:

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in the next update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com (http://forums.ubi.com/). Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive before Christmas."

So they are acknowledging the issue, and there is a patch coming that will fix it.

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Here's the response I got from Ubisoft Support for my ticket about the missing background music:

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in the next update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com (http://forums.ubi.com/). Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive before Christmas."

So they are acknowledging the issue, and there is a patch coming that will fix it.

Let's hope so...
Well it doesn't hurt to make them aware of this issue...

Bobbtom
12-18-2012, 04:53 AM
Let's hope so...
Well it doesn't hurt to make them aware of this issue...

They replied to mine and said the issue is going to be adressed in tomorrow's patch, but the patch notes say otherwise.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-18-2012, 10:19 AM
They replied to mine and said the issue is going to be adressed in tomorrow's patch, but the patch notes say otherwise.

let's hope the patch notes are wrong :cool:

unionjack_89
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM

Tomorrow they publish a patch? Where can I find the patch notes?

unionjack_89
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Never mind I found it. You're right, this issue has not listed in the patch notes :( This is bad news. I hope they fix this music issue too.

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't think that patch is for us PC users...

If you look closely: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739410-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch-Spoilers-Forums

You will see it's written "If your console is connected to the internet at the time of release"

I'm not sure if they are trying to troll us...or simply ignoring PC users

zentos123
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
For PS3 patch 1.03 its already available but nothing for PC(

unionjack_89
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't think that patch is for us PC users...

If you look closely: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739410-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch-Spoilers-Forums

You will see it's written "If your console is connected to the internet at the time of release"

I'm not sure if they are trying to troll us...or simply ignoring PC users

Yeah you're right but I found this in the PC section: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739416-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch

MeIagius
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Probably it's coming to us too. But, it just say nothing about the missing music.

CobaltMK
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Well,I hope the Music Bug will be fixed with this update,even the pistol bug has been removed :D

Darkereus
12-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to think positive here. May be the reason that the patch for PC hasn't been release yet is because they're trying to fix music bug for us :D But it's just my small hope.

epek2222
12-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Important, does anyone uses another than Nvidia Audio drivers expiriences that bug?
Support told me to uninstall Nvidia HD Audio and retest it, but i dont wanna lose saves again -.-
Can i save my saves somehow? :)

JazzCZ
12-18-2012, 05:22 PM
How you're going to lose your saves by that, like seriously ? :eek:

epek2222
12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Because when ill install DLC and it wont be working. Ill have to install clean game without dlc and then my saves will need dlc to run so ill be left saveless :)

Anykeyer
12-18-2012, 05:31 PM
LOL. You can try what they said. But its impossible for sound driver to filter scripted music leaving everything else intact. At least not in todays era of fully software game sound solutions.

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't expect too much...you might get disappointed

Tim_Skijwalker
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Don't expect too much...you might get disappointed

keeping my hopes up.. they've had more than a week... :cool:

Tim_Skijwalker
12-19-2012, 12:18 AM
I havent been able to download the patch today?
not coming for PC?

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 12:33 AM
A support guy posted in the other thread that no release date is known, and didn't mention any fix for the music bug... :(

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 01:53 AM
No patch, no loyalty bonus, no champion packs....what else??......

I'm getting tired of this.... :(

unionjack_89
12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
A support guy posted in the other thread that no release date is known, and didn't mention any fix for the music bug... :(

Yesterday there was a release date in the tread 2012.12.18. But he removed the date later that day. :/

Tim_Skijwalker
12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Yesterday there was a release date in the tread 2012.12.18. But he removed the date later that day. :/

:nonchalance:

http://i.imgur.com/U2v0g.gif

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm more like this:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32091127.jpg

Jersey_Seven
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Important, does anyone uses another than Nvidia Audio drivers expiriences that bug?
Support told me to uninstall Nvidia HD Audio and retest it, but i dont wanna lose saves again -.-
Can i save my saves somehow? :)

I never install the NVidia HD drivers. I'm using the on board Realtek mobo sound (EVGA Z77 FTW) and have not lost the music (checked @ the opera and in the tavern in Boston). I'm running the DVD version of AC3 (no Steam) and purchased the season pass separately. Don't know if that makes a difference. And yes, you can back up your saves... Always a good idea with Ubi games.

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I never install the NVidia HD drivers. I'm using the on board Realtek mobo sound (EVGA Z77 FTW) and have not lost the music (checked @ the opera and in the tavern in Boston). I'm running the DVD version of AC3 (no Steam) and purchased the season pass separately. Don't know if that makes a difference. And yes, you can back up your saves... Always a good idea with Ubi games.

so... apparently it's a Steam only related bug?

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
No, because my version also has this problem...retaill version

Bakin360
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM

Did you install the DLC1 then? I bet everyone with installed DLC1 (installed via Steam or installed manually) has this problem.

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Jersey seven do you have the DLC installed?

Anykeyer
12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I have both versions (steam and retail) on 2 separate PCs and they both have that bug. Maybe he just forgot to actually install this DLC

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
then I can't understand why Mods and Devs posted all around other threads but seem to ignore this topic, which IMO is the most relevant

unionjack_89
12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm more like this:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32091127.jpg

I wrote a message on Facebook to UbiDiiLite who posted the holiday patch thread. I got the following reply:

Hi ******,

There was an issue with some 3rd party programs, but we are talking with them to get the patch out ASAP.

I'll be sure to message you back here once we have a solid date.
Cheers!

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
did you ask about this music bug in particular?

Tim_Skijwalker
12-19-2012, 04:46 PM
thats something =D

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 04:50 PM
well yeah, but they could AT LEAST do some official announce...

Instead of letting US search for answers...

Tim_Skijwalker
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
well yeah, but they could AT LEAST do some official announce...

Instead of letting US search for answers...

Preaching to the choir man.
I just hope its out before friday so i can play it when im on vacation without internets :cool:

if not then i hope its ready when i come back

Jersey_Seven
12-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Jersey seven do you have the DLC installed?

Sorry for the late reply, I had to go out of town for the day and didn't have access to a computer.

I got an e-mail from UBI saying the DLC was ready and I downloaded "Assassins_Creed_III_ULC_DLC.exe"
I installed the file just like a patch. I now have "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" listed among my files in the main game directory. Based on the file date, that seems to correspond to the DLC,
Am I mistaken?

kalo.yanis
12-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Same problem here. After I installed the DLC, all the mission music is gone. Entering Boston, chase sequences, naval battles - all silent. It's horrible!!!

Boemundus
12-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I had to go out of town for the day and didn't have access to a computer.

I got an e-mail from UBI saying the DLC was ready and I downloaded "Assassins_Creed_III_ULC_DLC.exe"
I installed the file just like a patch. I now have "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" listed among my files in the main game directory. Based on the file date, that seems to correspond to the DLC,
Am I mistaken?

Yes that's the file that deletes music from certain scenes/sequences.... Are you sure you hear music, for example, sequence 4, mission 1 : when the indian kids go in the forest?

Bakin360
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM

Am I mistaken?

@Jersey_Seven

Is it possible to share your "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" file? My forge file is dated 2012-11-19, perhaps you have received an updated DLC installation with a newer forge file.

ShardofTruth
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
No, if anything the forge file from this installer should be older because it was handed out before the first DLC was officially released.

xingjian
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
thats something =D

That's something? I can't play the game which i purchased for, for more than a week now. So, that's nothing. It's holiday and christmas and I can't enjoy my game, In january 2 I have to go back to work, I want to enjoy the game till work, but I can't!

sharkdrutt
12-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I recieved a response from customer support regarding this matter....

They told me to update my sound drivers...

I tell them: Seriously?! Are you kidding me???!

Boemundus
12-20-2012, 02:22 PM
mods - devs PLEASE can you tell us if this bug is fixed in the upcoming patch?

ShardofTruth
12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
The longer I deal with the support, the more I think it's completely broken. The normal chain should look something like this:

Customer <--> Support <--> Developer

meaning the support should report to the devolpers and they in return should report back to the support with solutions, in the best case with solutions for problems they know could exist before even one customers has this particular problem.
In Ubisoft's case the support seems to be completely disconnected from the devs, I just can't imagine how the come up with these "solutions" sometimes, they're just trying a shot in the dark.

If this many people have the same problem it is logical the the problem lies within the game itself, even more specificially: If the problem didn't occur before the installation of the DLC the problem should lie in the changes made during the installation.

Every other game company I know would write a support ticket sounding something like this:
"We know of this problem and are currently investigating it. For the time being you could uninstall und install the game again (note that you may be unable to continue your game with savegames made after installing the DLC) until we provide a hot fix. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

But not Ubisoft, oh no. Mabye we've gone all selectively deaf and should visit a doctor.

Jersey_Seven
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Is it possible to share your "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" file? My forge file is dated 2012-11-19, perhaps you have received an updated DLC installation with a newer forge file.

Don't think it will make much difference. Mine is also dated the same. It differs from the other files that are dated from Oct. 18th. Mine's only 864 KB in size. Maybe it didn't fully install and that's why my music is still there?

Bakin360
12-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Don't think it will make much difference. Mine is also dated the same. It differs from the other files that are dated from Oct. 18th. Mine's only 864 KB in size. Maybe it didn't fully install and that's why my music is still there?

Hmm, it was just an idea. Looks like it's the same file, mine's also 864KB in size. Thanks for your confirmation.

I'm still wondering, why you don't have this really annoying music bug.

Jersey_Seven
12-20-2012, 05:41 PM
@Bakin360: I'm not that far into the story. I played it around Thanksgiving until the end of sequence 3 , then left it to finish a replay of the Mass Effect Trilogy. I hope to get back to AC3 next week. I only checked if I still had music on Monday evening when I read that others were having problems since the DLC. (Installed mine last Saturday because I had time on the weekend)

For those with the bug... are any files (esp sound files) missing since the install? I can check the AC3 install directory size and file count later this evening and post the results when I get back home.

L_Alejo
12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
@Bakin360: I'm not that far into the story. I played it around Thanksgiving until the end of sequence 3 , then left it to finish a replay of the Mass Effect Trilogy. I hope to get back to AC3 next week. I only checked if I still had music on Monday evening when I read that others were having problems since the DLC. (Installed mine last Saturday because I had time on the weekend)

For those with the bug... are any files (esp sound files) missing since the install? I can check the AC3 install directory size and file count later this evening and post the results when I get back home.

No missing sound files, as a matter of fact, you just have to remove a file in order to get the music back but you won't be able to access your savefiles, the file in question is DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge, take it out, and the music is back, though in some cases the savefiles remain intact, and the music should work just fine, however, deleting DLC we own is definetly not a solution at all. :/

Jersey_Seven
12-21-2012, 02:48 AM
You are right, L_Alejo. Users who paid for the DLC should not have to resort to this solution to fix the music problem. I hope support realized that this is a legitimate DLC-related problem and post a fix soon.

UbiHawk1ns
12-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Please believe me when I say that our dev teams are working day and night to resolve issues with the game. These things take time though, and until that point our support department is doing everything we possibly can to try and help all who are having problems with their games. We want you to enjoy your games and understand the frustration you have. Please bare with us while we work on these issues.

Bobbtom
12-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Please believe me when I say that our dev teams are working day and night to resolve issues with the game. These things take time though, and until that point our support department is doing everything we possibly can to try and help all who are having problems with their games. We want you to enjoy your games and understand the frustration you have. Please bare with us while we work on these issues.

Are they at least aware of the Music bug?

UbiHawk1ns
12-21-2012, 04:08 AM
The information has been forwarded onward, but past that I have no further information.

Anykeyer
12-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Then request it for us. Whats going on really? This is one major problem that at the same time can be easily fixed on developer's side.

L_Alejo
12-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to have some insight on these issues and the way the dev team are handling it, and to know if they are even going to be resolved by the next patch.

Dizlol
12-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to have some insight on these issues and the way the dev team are handling it, and to know if they are even going to be resolved by the next patch.

Let me give you some insight on how much work is done on this issue.
The Customer Support is very busy blaming this on GPU's and outdated drivers, even when you point out that it all works fine once the DLC is deleted!
The Dev team is trying to crank out the next DLC wich we will enjoy without background sound!

Boemundus
12-21-2012, 07:05 PM
There's something I don't understant about Ubisoft's communication policies... Why the hell did they invite the community to "look for updates anytime soon" (few day ago, in these forums both Mods said that), and then they went back on their words ??

There' s something REALLY wrong about it. We're here, many of us CAN'T play the game, we're waiting and nothing happens.

unionjack_89
12-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Assassin's Creed III Holiday Patch
Greetings Assassins,

Just in time for the Holiday break, we have a new patch available that will take care of many of the issues brought to our attention. Most notably are -

· The issue were certain Liberation Missions would be difficult to find
· The problem some players had trying to complete the Encyclopaedia of the Common Man side mission
· The issue where your second equipped pistol could possibly vanish on loading.

Click the link to view the entire list and as always, please note that some of the descriptions may contain spoilers. You can expect it
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...poilers-Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739410-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch-Spoilers-Forums)

Safety and Peace, Assassins

- Dii T. Rancourt

Quick edit from UbiGabe... apologies PC Assassins, but some last-minute incompatibilities mean that we will need to release this patch after the holidays. We'll get it out as soon as possible in the new year. Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Boemundus
12-23-2012, 05:01 PM
this is RIDICULOUS !! they could just release a small hotfix to correct that ****ing script error in the 860kb dlc file. Shame on them, really

Bakin360
12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
What's also kind of strange is the way of "announcing" the delay. Imo, editing a 1 post sticky thread is not the right way to announce the delay of a patch everyone is waiting for. If I had not read unionjack89's post, I wouldn't know anything about the delay.

This whole behaviour is really odd.

Anykeyer
12-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Who cares about this supposed "last-minute incomatibility"? We all know that Ubi's QA is a joke anyway. And already released 1.01 isnt playable in PCs close to official minimum requirements. Then why worry about crap like this? Release it as beta patch or whatever.

CobaltMK
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Still no fix?
Maaah,iīll buy some games at the steam sale then and have tons of fun :D
(not ubisoft games)

Starlord_49
12-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Hello i have a question

if i delete the dlc files, i will lost it forever? I just had the game and i install the DLC when i install the game...

Tim_Skijwalker
12-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello i have a question

if i delete the dlc files, i will lost it forever? I just had the game and i install the DLC when i install the game...

I think it should work once you install the DLC again..
so if you uninstall your safe should stop working.. but when you install it again it should work

migha89
12-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Well wow... this sucks! I guess I should've read the forums before buying into UBIs BS and getting the season s*** pass :(

Dizlol
12-28-2012, 05:08 PM
For less then the price of the Season Pass i got Mass Effect 1 2 and 3, having loads of fun! PC port is really well done!
Wish i could get my money back from Ubisoft for the Season Pass (Base game was amazing though) but Ubisoft Support keeps blaming this on users.

Really thought Ubisoft would atleast try to keep there customer base happy. but this is just bad business, the way they lied to us about the patches, and kinda stomped us in the face with an delay for an patch... wow, till this is fixed i will never buy an Ubisoft product again.

migha89
12-31-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm giving up hope... this isn't going to be fixed now is it..... We just got ripped off by purchasing this! Well played UBI, well played. Guess That was the last time I bought anything from them... AAAARGH!
http://www.gamesaktuell.de/screenshots/970x546/2012/05/Trollfaces-Kompendium_-_Pirate_Poker_Face.JPG

Boemundus
12-31-2012, 05:41 PM
IMO, the worst bug in this game is the music missing with DLC installed. It's a trivial - yet game-breaking - issue that could have been fixed in like.. 5 minutes? And they're still selling the DLC and the season pass without even informing the customers of this bug. It's really shocking. And it's a FRAUD.

Many players don't even bother to check if this bug happens ( and it happens everytime to everyone), and the bug itself is sneaky... so, UBI still selling it and going on holyday with the money (no patch coming)!
LOL

Razrback16
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Is this the "Hidden Secret Pack" DLC that causes the bug?

ZeNewk
01-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Is this the "Hidden Secret Pack" DLC that causes the bug?
Yeah, installing DLC1 files (aka Hidden Secrets) causes music to dissapear in missions

Razrback16
01-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Yeah, installing DLC1 files (aka Hidden Secrets) causes music to dissapear in missions

Wow. I will hold off on buying that DLC until they get it fixed. Thanks.

fruchtzwerg1970
01-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Well Support remains silent. This is a joke like the PC players and paying customers are treated. Why pay for a game that does not work? For me it was the last game which I bought from Ubisoft. In future I will not buy a single item from Ubi Soft. Even if Ubi Soft released 20 Assassin's Creed games. It is, and remains a disgrace.

vinx980
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
nice support UBISOFT
this DLC that cause a serious problem to the game for PC players (playing with music is very awful, especially in particularly scenes) was released 1 month ago and you still did not communicate nothing of nothing!

This is not the way to treat client like us.

Personally next time i'll go PIRATE(bay).

vinx980
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
guys.
the only thing you can do for playing again with musics is to:

1) move DataPC_DX11_2_dlc.forge and DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge (you can find them in the AC3 installation folder) files into a backup folder
2) start a new game with a new profile

using the older profile will cause an error (cannot find dlc , something like that), for using it again simply move the .forge files from the backup to the installation folder.

Boemundus
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
guys.
the only thing you can do for playing again with musics is to:

1) move DataPC_DX11_2_dlc.forge and DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge (you can find them in the AC3 installation folder) files into a backup folder
2) start a new game with a new profile

using the older profile will cause an error (cannot find dlc , something like that), for using it again simply move the .forge files from the backup to the installation folder.

thanks for the advice, anyway it was known from the start .
but people want to play with their original save game AND play the bonus content they PAID FOR.

migha89
01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
So in the other thread they say that a patch is presumably coming in "within the next week or so" and that would fix the issue with the missing music. I myself have not recieved any answer from the support but here's hoping this gets fixed
Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738248-Assassin-s-Creed-III-No-music-after-installing-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-lt-IMPORTANT!!!-gt?p=8848865&viewfull=1#post8848865

Boemundus
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
So in the other thread they say that a patch is presumably coming in "within the next week or so" and that would fix the issue with the missing music. I myself have not recieved any answer from the support but here's hoping this gets fixed
Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738248-Assassin-s-Creed-III-No-music-after-installing-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-lt-IMPORTANT!!!-gt?p=8848865&viewfull=1#post8848865

thanks for the info... I doubt that they'll be releasing patch next week, let's hope so

unionjack_89
01-11-2013, 05:15 PM
[image removed]
Dude, where's our patch??

Ubisoft started to play troll on all AC III PC users...

GalakFyarr
01-12-2013, 02:06 PM
What I fail to understand - and maybe it's just me - is how come it takes so long to fix a problem caused by ONE SINGLE FILE that is a mere 864 KB.

I mean, I'm not a developper, but I would assume that if people tell you problems are solved by removing the 800KB file from a certain folder, that the whole problem is caused only by this file. And I would assume that, since this file is so small, it'd take a mere afternoon to find the problem within this file... (but hey, let's give it a week, just to make sure)

Pleasefixmyacc
01-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I got all the DLC's with the release of the game, but my music hasnt gone anywhere.

GalakFyarr
01-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I got all the DLC's with the release of the game, but my music hasnt gone anywhere.

are you sure? Have you tried starting a new game? Check the opera scene whether there's background music or not. Actually, it's already enough to enter the temple, after Desmond puts the power source that was on the ground in the machine, there's supposed to be epic music playing about.

I noticed that when entering combat, that music still works...

I have the Deluxe Edition (pre-ordered) on Steam, so I also had all the DLC. At first there was no problem. I've heard of the issue before, but I've played through the full game without the glitch happening. Then yesterday evening I tried to launch the game, steam then needed to "update" (or whatever, since it's never clear what exactly steam needs to do), and then when I wanted to start a new game: boom no more music.

Pleasefixmyacc
01-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Yea, with the dlc's i mean all the stuff with colonial suit and the attila w/e suit , temple & weapons stuff etc.
But i havent played the game for a while now so it might have changed or something? Haven't updated anything though except for the first patch.

GalakFyarr
01-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Yea, with the dlc's i mean all the stuff with colonial suit and the attila w/e suit , temple & weapons stuff etc.
But i havent played the game for a while now so it might have changed or something? Haven't updated anything though except for the first patch.

I think if you have the Deluxe edition, you already had the DLC installed, but not the specific file causing the trouble. Once the DLC was released "for everyone", you also got the file, and you should be having the same problem.

Since you haven't played in a while, try the following:
1. Check whether you have that DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge in your AC3 folder
2. if you have, try either starting a new game, or simply replay the opera memory. When you're in the opera, there HAS to be music, so you'll know.

Rio_Rossi
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
I have AC3 Digital Deluxe (Ubishop) and also bought Season Pass.

If I don't install Hidden Secrets DLC, can I still play the DLC content like Ghost of War, Mayan Ruins, etc?

I don't want to encounter the music bug.. Can anyone confirm, if I don't install Hidden Secrets, can I still play the DLC because I have the Digital Deluxe?

Thanks..

migha89
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I have AC3 Digital Deluxe (Ubishop) and also bought Season Pass.

If I don't install Hidden Secrets DLC, can I still play the DLC content like Ghost of War, Mayan Ruins, etc?

I don't want to encounter the music bug.. Can anyone confirm, if I don't install Hidden Secrets, can I still play the DLC because I have the Digital Deluxe?

Thanks..

As far as we know, the issue with the missing BG music is due to the installation of "Assassins_Creed_III_DLC_1.exe" which in turn adds "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" to your game directory. The latter file has coding issues which results in disappearance of the bg music in-game. So my guess would be, so long that you don't install DLC1 you shouldn't encounter that specific problem (can't promise anything about other bugs in this game though!).

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Just a reminder - those with missing music issues, please make sure you are contacting support.

Any information you supply to them is vital!

Please do not think that since others have reported it, you do not have too - the more people who do report issues and supply detailed hardware information - greatly helps - and helps the team recreate the issue!!!

They are aware that some users have the issue, however troubleshooting is a tricky business on PC - so the more people who contact them, with detailed set up information, the better.

Remember that your sound hardware is important information - so please try and be as detailed as possible, this will help the team recreate the issue.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

The next released patch [expected in the next few days] - does not fix the issue some of you have, so please continue to report the issue, so they can make sure it's in the next one.

Boemundus
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
no comment...
expect a lot of disappointment

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 07:56 PM
well to be honest - the patch was never advertised as having the fix in it - according to the patch notes.

Support may have confused matters with them stating it was in a forthcoming patch, however it's not the one people assumed.

People affected need to continue to report the matter to support - with dxdiag info etc.

Boemundus
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
do you know anything about a further patch which could fix it?

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 08:06 PM
do you know anything about a further patch which could fix it?

I'm not going to be drawn into a comment about patches - which will then turn into a 'official' statement about the fix - when people start passing the rumours about and assumptions start.

I am assuming there will be more patches, since it's common to have a few.

However contents of those patches won't be finalised as of yet - so would be unfair of me to say anything, since people assume, then rumours start.. and we have people upset if they don't get what they think they are getting.

My points about people contacting support - still stands - it's vital that the team have as much information as possible from those affected so they can reproduce and fix it though.

Carch
01-13-2013, 11:21 PM
They are aware that some users have the issue, however troubleshooting is a tricky business on PC - so the more people who contact them, with detailed set up information, the better.

Remember that your sound hardware is important information - so please try and be as detailed as possible, this will help the team recreate the issue.

This is extremely disappointing. I basically have two choices, play without the DLC or play without background music.

When I am able to rename DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge in the game's install directory, and the music works, I have a really hard time believing that it has anything whatsoever to do with my system.

I would have thought that this was a high priority fix, but I guess not. I really wish I hadn't spent the extra money for the Deluxe edition with the Season Pass, because there's no way I'm going to play the Washington DLC without background music. I wish I could get my $30 back. :(

migha89
01-14-2013, 12:59 AM
I just love how Mr_Shade sneaks the "only some of you have this problem" by! haha implying we are only a few with this problem!? But honestly I was hoping the guys at ubi had understood that it is a big issue. I've already contacted the support and have only gotten irrelevant and laughable answers and when asking for money back on a broken product I get no answers back

Anykeyer
01-14-2013, 06:04 AM
Everyone who has this DLC properly installed and activated has this music issue as well. Everyone on PC (http://youtu.be/-54QJ738D_g?t=1m22s). Some may not notice it right away, because some static music that isnt scripted (main menu, first intro cinematic) is still present. But then its somplete and dull silence. First scripted music appears when Desmond uses PoE to open temple's door.
Is this so hard for devs to test? Install game. Start new game, open that stupid door - hear music. Install and activate DLC, start another game and open door again - no music. It takes 5 minutes max to get this. And another 10 to fix. If only players could have access to tools to work with game's assets (its not even some C++ code in game's exe) we would fix it already..

BCG-Arvezen
01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Ticket sent. To Mr_Shade: I've been following this thread for a couple of days now - Since I bought the DLC and found that the music just disappeared. I too will not choose between playing the game without music or without the DLC I paid for. I think it's an insult that they're still selling it and now we know they're not going to have a fix ready for it within the next month at least. How can this game be described as "working"? How many features of the game do you think should be missing before the game would be classified as non-playable?

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Fps ISSUE and dlc music problem,these should be the developer's primary objectives,all the rest is secondary but obviously they begins from all the rest...

Apostol...
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey!

The music was back after I had successfully liberated the Fort Black Creek (upper left corner on the frontier map)!

A mere coincidence or may be not...

Anykeyer
01-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Il test it later, it may be indeed just one script on wrong loop preventing all others. Regardless they should fix it, because you cant even attempt to liberate forts untill you finished 1/3 of the game.

Boemundus
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey!

The music was back after I had successfully liberated the Fort Black Creek (upper left corner on the frontier map)!

A mere coincidence or may be not...

what do you mean by "the music was back"? Have you replayed the opera house mission or the sequence 4 mission 1 to test it? Remember that music still plays during random fights.

Boemundus
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok, I'd like to point out my concerns about this matter, I'll try to be clear even if english isn't my language. On the infamous "music missing bug" many words have been told, but I also think there's a lot of misunderstanding and confusion going around. I'd also like to sum up what we know about it and what has been the official feedback given by Ubisoft.

1) DLC "Hidden Secrets" was released for PC in the first week of december. As soon as it was released many customers wrote in this forum (as the date of this thread testifies) about the bug caused by the DLC installation. It's 14 of january here, more than a month passed.
Mr_Shade posted on 12-16-2012 telling he would report to the devs : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736314-Dlc-1-problem-Music-missing?p=8803965&viewfull=1#post8803965

conclusion: The devs don't ever read the forums, nor they listen to forum manager's reports. They ignored the bug.

2) The bug affects large majority of players: 94% of them, as testified by this poll : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738248-Assassin-s-Creed-III-No-music-after-installing-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-lt-IMPORTANT!!!-gt
This majority of players have already sent tickets to support, often receiving unsatisfactory answers (like checking audio drivers).

conclusion: the recent suggestion by Mr_Shade to contact support is late and contradictory.

3) The justification according to which the customers shouldn't expect the fix in the ucoming patch. Mr_Shade says that it wasn't expected in the official patch notes. However some users reported this words told to them by the official support: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738248-Assassin-s-Creed-III-No-music-after-installing-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-lt-IMPORTANT!!!-gt?p=8848909&viewfull=1#post8848909
furthermore, the specific PC patch notes are not yet published, and it's absolutely legitimate to expect a major fix for a game-breaking bug that has been known from early december.

conclusion: ubisoft communication is blackhanded and in most cases contradictory. They seem to "clutch at straws" everytime.

4) Ubisoft is still selling the bugged DLC without informing the customers. My suggestion to create a sticky thread about it, to warn new customers, has been utterly ignored.

conclusion: the company wants to make much money as possible, ignoring customer's right to be informed about the product.

5) The statement about " Troubleshooting in PC ambient is difficult" ( Mr_Shade) . May be right in the majority of cases: but it has been aknowledged that the bug is caused by a 680kb file named DX11_DLC_3.forge , installed in the AC3 main directory when the DLC is purchased. Removing/renaming this file deletes the bug, but has collateral effects such deleting the DLC content purchased by the user, and preventing the previous save game access.

conclusion: it's utterly unbelievable that a modern-day developement studio could not even "look at" the cause of the bug. Because that is what we know today. The devs "are still investigating". As an intelligent being I cannot trust this statement, and my logic tells me that they ignored the problem, even if support, forums, and forum manager informed them about it more than a month ago.

unionjack_89
01-15-2013, 02:12 PM
The patch has been released but the music problem didn't solved. :mad:

Anduril79
01-15-2013, 09:39 PM
I diwnloaded the DLC a few weeks ago and noticed a lot of the musichad disappeared, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one! The most obvious places I noticed the music missing are: during the opera house, at the beginning of the ocean voyage, during the homestead missions where you break up a fight between Godfried and Terry, the pig herder homestead side quest aqnd even during some of the viewpoint sequences in the frontier.

The lack of music at these key times really detracts from the gaming experiance, and should've been fixed by now!

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 09:21 AM
up

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
THe fix doesn't necessarily have to come in a patch for me, what if ubisoft made a fix like a whole separate file and the people that experience it can download that...Don't know if that will be any easier but maybe?

I have waited soooooo looooong :(

Anykeyer
01-16-2013, 11:18 AM
What is actually funny is that they can fix it without doing anything with the game at all. This file is completelly unnecessary. Whats so hard in distributing extra content keys that work without it? They exist (Digital Deluxe works this way). Well, they can even automate this process and just activate all extra content directly on servers for everyone who has DLC1/Season Pass cdkey redeemed (this information is also stored on servers, most likely in the same database, maybe even in the same table). It takes 10 minutes at most to write all required SQL queries. Then just tell everyone to remove that file and blacklist it in next patch to be absolutelly sure no one suffers from it anymore.

D_R_A_K_E_1488
01-16-2013, 05:10 PM
I send ticket to support, and they say me that I need to install a PATCH! WT*? They are realy so stupid?

Hello, ******

Thank you for contacting technical support Ubisoft Assassin's Creed 3.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident).

To resolve the problem, please install the new patch 1.02

Manual download - http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.02_WW.exe

If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us again and we udovolstiem help you further.

Sincerely,
Maria
Ubisoft support.

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
lol !!!!!

WTF .... ubi support is... unbelievable...

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I send ticket to support, and they say me that I need to install a PATCH! WT*? They are realy so stupid?

ooh boy -_-

well I am still waiting for a reply

UbiHawk1ns
01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Hey all, my apologies for the delayed response to you all. We have been extremely busy in the support department.

We have forwarded all information that we can up to our development groups. When more information becomes available, I will let everyone know. I apologize for any inconveniences you have run into and will help all that I can.

Carch
01-24-2013, 12:59 AM
I wish I knew how to extract a forge file, because if I did I would be poking around in the guts of DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge to find out what in there is causing the problem.

Napolechuga
01-24-2013, 01:09 AM
i miss playing single player, there has been so much time since i don't play singe player (season pass release date) that i al ready forgot the storyline, and i won't play it until y get my music back. SAD.

bozanga
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Bought the deluxe version on steam today, and found it strange that there was so little ambient sound in the game (particularly in opera mission). So I come here and see it has been an issue for over one and a half months. I've renamed the DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge file to fix it, but it should really not be necessary. (What DLC content am I missing out on by doing this btw?) It's really disappointing that they don't prioritize fixing such a critical bug that also seems rather easy to fix. Paying up extra to get the deluxe version and be delivered a buggy product so you wish you'd saved the money for the standard version and also wouldn't have wasted time trouble-shooting a stupid bug, it's not exactly the recipe for building a good relation to your customers.. I don't understand how they don't see that they're hurting themselves, all the people experiencing this bug getting more skeptical towards ubisoft. I'll send in a ticket now and see if that matters..

EDIT: I criticized them for not commenting in this thread, but they obviously did three posts over mine, so my bad.

GalakFyarr
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Bought the deluxe version on steam today, and found it strange that there was so little ambient sound in the game (particularly in opera mission). So I come here and see it has been an issue for over one and a half months. I've renamed the DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge file to fix it, but it should really not be necessary. (What DLC content am I missing out on by doing this btw?) It's really disappointing that they don't prioritize fixing such a critical bug that also seems rather easy to fix. And that they don't give word in this thread and show some customer care. Paying up extra to get the deluxe version and be delivered a buggy product so you wish you'd saved the money for the standard version and also wouldn't have wasted time trouble-shooting a stupid bug, it's not exactly the recipe for building a good relation to your customers.. I don't understand how they don't see that they're hurting themselves, all the people experiencing this bug getting more skeptical towards ubisoft. I'll send in i ticket now and see if that matters..

If you have the Deluxe edition, I don't think you'll miss out on anything. When the game came out, if you had the deluxe edition, you already had the first DLC. It's only once the first DLC became "public", that the problem occured.

So I think (but I'm not sure), that if you redeemed your season pass key (or whatever it was called in Steam), you already unlocked the first DLC.

Easy way to check is whether or not you have any Benedict Arnold missions you can do.

nekitbro1234567
01-31-2013, 05:08 AM
Hey all, my apologies for the delayed response to you all. We have been extremely busy in the support department.

We have forwarded all information that we can up to our development groups. When more information becomes available, I will let everyone know. I apologize for any inconveniences you have run into and will help all that I can.

I can't believe this issue is still unresolved. I completely put my game on hold for this very reason of the missing music.

I recommend you deliver free ubisoft points or a gift certificate to all the customers effected by this bug as compensation for us paying extra for something that ended up ruining our game. An apology is nice, but not good enough. We need a fix asap and some compensation for selling us a broken product.

It's unacceptable that its taking so long to fix. It really is.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-31-2013, 03:41 PM

good to hear you are working on this but do you maybe have any sort of ETA?

UbiHawk1ns
01-31-2013, 03:43 PM
I do not have an ETA at this time. We will most certainly let everyone know once more information becomes available.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-31-2013, 04:18 PM
I do not have an ETA at this time. We will most certainly let everyone know once more information becomes available.

alright.
Thanks

masikpasik3
01-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi people who can show a screenshot
where support ubisoft confirmed the problem with the music

migha89
02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Go and download the Brazilian DLC patch that just got released, it fixes the problem!! It does NOT change the language, only adds the option for Brazilian. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/746821-Fix-at-least-the-860kb-music-bug?p=8903037&viewfull=1#post8903037

UbiHawk1ns
02-07-2013, 06:27 PM
The community has done an incredible job in finding a fix for this issue, which involves downloading and installing the Brazilian Portuguese DLC localization patch.

See the FAQ here: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17708/p/88%2C2511

When installing the file, it installs a new DLC forge file in the Assassin's Creed 3 directory, as well as adds additional language options (Brazilian Portuguese specifically). Please note that this will not change any of your current settings, it just adds a new option.

Make sure that you are running the latest drivers for your sound card or onboard sound chipset as well.

afborro
02-07-2013, 07:30 PM
The community has done an incredible job in finding a fix for this issue, which involves downloading and installing the Brazilian Portuguese DLC localization patch.

See the FAQ here: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17708/p/88%2C2511

When installing the file, it installs a new DLC forge file in the Assassin's Creed 3 directory, as well as adds additional language options (Brazilian Portuguese specifically). Please note that this will not change any of your current settings, it just adds a new option.

Make sure that you are running the latest drivers for your sound card or onboard sound chipset as well.

The installer fails with error message

"Could not retrieve version number. Installation will be aborted"

I wonder why it is 311 Mb whereas the one posted in the other thread is only 11 Mb for the forge file tha seems to work for me anyway, presumably lots of extra unwanted locale stuff we do not need ??.

Anyway thought to try it as this is the one posted officially by UBI. I am on steam and the game is installed in c:\games iin my case, not Program files(x86) but that should not cause such an issue unless the installer is poorly written. Anyone else get this problem ?? My uplay is in the in the usual location. I presume I will not be the only one to get this issue, nothing unusual about my windows install ( best I can tell anyway :) ) Also, how thoroughly did you test this out back at the office to know it actually works properly, not the installer but the sound fix also.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Now lets hope the community can find a fix to fps issue too lol.

UbiHawk1ns
02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Simply adding the single forge file will work and solve the problem. The additional files only add additional localization options. The increased size is due to the fix for the voice dubs.

I am going to see what I can find out. I tested this fix a number of times on the Steam version and it never produced this error for me. I will get back to you once I have more info.

afborro
02-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Simply adding the single forge file will work and solve the problem. The additional files only add additional localization options.

I am going to see what I can find out. I tested this fix a number of times on the Steam version and it never produced this error for me. I will get back to you once I have more info.

okay thanks. Well I only know the forge file works in as far as I tested it with a finished game, replayed a couple of missions and a presto, there was music where there was none before, but I did read one poster saying things like crafting was broken as a result. Mind you, I tried that and with the finished game was still able to craft fine.

Anyway, I don't really know if there are any side effects. Not started a new game to try it in earnest. The fact that this fix works at all, as I already discussed as per ticket I raised should give a good reason as to why this fixes it for you inernally to find the real culprit. I can't help but thinking that this was kind of quickly picked up without knowing the full reasons and dished out. Of course I may well be wrong, but it does not instill all that much confidence to rush this out as a fix for english/US installations. Probably some broken paths in forge files and somehow this big wad of unwanted 311 Mb fixes it.

Note also that the removal of the DLC 3 forge file brings music back as I indicated in the ticket I raised. If you really know the technical reason why things were broken surely a small hotfix for dlc3 would be the way to go. Sorry, but I am just a bit sceptical about this "fix".

afborro
02-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I expect the installer is doing it because it is looking in the registry for something like windows version but cannot find it perhaps.The installer code is what I question here failing in some situations. Oh an before anyone starts thinking, it is a legal game, steam, game, OS and the whole shebang. I know it does have that kind of pirate stink about it doesn't it :) Anyway if Ubi could simply extract that forge file and post that instead if they know it is the official one, put it in a rar or something and verifies that it works would be smaller and better to avoid that, or write a more robust installer with just the files needed would have been better.

Still a proper dlc update patch wouid instill a lot more confidence that they really did find the issue that simply could be put through Steam and Uplay versions of the game.

Latest update: A quick search on the forums reveals your patch installer reported that error with other games, I wonder what installation software you use to issue this update, but i expect it has to do with what I said anyway, perhaps the way in which steam installed it in my case, registry keys missing for the game is also possibility that it is expecting but are not there I guess,

Anyway easy enough to confuse the installer for what is standard install of windowd 64bit pro, steam version of the game in this case. Should be easy enough to find though if you can debug your installer and find when it produces that error message.

guifisilva
02-07-2013, 11:11 PM
I expect the installer is doing it because it is looking in the registry for something like windows version but cannot find it perhaps.

That's exactly what's happening. I had to install the Localization through a link posted in Ubisoft Brasil's Twitter, that one could be installed in ANY folder. It was not in the official Ubisoft server, though; it was at 4shared.

Would anyone in the team mind adding this installer (http://www.4shared.com/file/xQakJyEx/Assassins_Creed_R__III_Brazili.html) to the FAQ, for Steam users? Thank you.

CloakedOne123
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
The Brazilian dlc file fixed it for me. Thanks!

UbiHawk1ns
02-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Would anyone in the team mind adding this installer (http://www.4shared.com/file/xQakJyEx/Assassins_Creed_R__III_Brazili.html) to the FAQ, for Steam users? Thank you.

That is actually the one that we have posted on the FAQ. I have included the link below for you:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17708/p/88%2C2511

I am still researching the issue with the version number error, and will be getting back to you all when I have further.

Turin_Hawke
02-09-2013, 01:59 AM
I was going to ask the same, I'm having a problem with the installation, can't find the version too.

guifisilva
02-09-2013, 02:43 AM
That is actually the one that we have posted on the FAQ. I have included the link below for you:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17708/p/88%2C2511

I am still researching the issue with the version number error, and will be getting back to you all when I have further.

Hmmm just downloaded this one, from the official FAQ, and nope! I'm getting the error.

The one at 4shared has 331.872 KB in size, whereas the one at Ubisoft server has 339.872 KB. They're definitely different, and the former won't give me any "version" errors at all.

If you want a reliable source for this installer, well it came from here (https://twitter.com/Ubisoft_Brasil/status/297078842676355073).

:)

nekitbro1234567
02-09-2013, 03:51 AM
THe former is the word you were looking for guifisilva..

Is this really a problem? The FAQ page link gives you a broken installer? All I did was install the 4Forge file via your link on the 1st this month. I was wondering if I should use the installer to get those other 3 files. If I should, my next question becomes what link should I use.

Turin_Hawke
02-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Great, but I think I will wait it to be posted on the Ubisoft servers.

nekitbro1234567
02-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Okay so the "Official" server that has the update installer which adds 4 files creates an error.. yes?

Interesting.

guifisilva
02-09-2013, 04:59 AM
THe former is the word you were looking for guifisilva..
My bad, I'm still getting used to English. x_x

Is this really a problem? The FAQ page link gives you a broken installer? All I did was install the 4Forge file via your link on the 1st this month. I was wondering if I should use the installer to get those other 3 files. If I should, my next question becomes what link should I use.

Actually the other files are for the Brazilian localization, there's no need for you to install them unless you're willing to choose "Portuguese" as a spoken language. If you'd like to download it, anyway, you should try the installer from the FAQ. If you get an error and can't install, use this link I just posted. It was aimed at Steam users but should work with any kind of game install.

Okay so the "Official" server that has the update installer which adds 4 files creates an error.. yes?

Interesting.
Reason why I'm asking the team to add this other installer to the FAQ aswell.

nekitbro1234567
02-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the replies, you should be rewarded by Ubisoft big time. Unfortunately all I can give you is my appreciation.

I'm only an English speaker so since you are telling me those 3 files pertain only to language choices, I don't need to bother with their installer =). Although one of them is called multi\sounddata\pc\sounds_bra.pck, I figured maybe that one had some other missing music/sound.

And you're welcome for the correction, I figured English was not your first language, but aside from that one mistake I would never have known :P former vs latter (former first, latter second).

UbiHawk1ns
02-12-2013, 11:39 PM
My apologies for the delay, but I have a resolution for the version number error people are receiving with the Steam version of the game.

For those that are still receiving the error and still have no music, you need to change your Steam language to Brazilian Portuguese. I have included steps on how to do so, as well as steps on how to change it back to English or other preferred language.

-Open your Steam Settings and to to the Interface tab.
-At the top, there is a drop-down menu - select "Portuguesa - Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil)"
-Click OK to apply the settings and it should ask you to restart Steam, go ahead and restart the client.
-Steam should then launch automatically launch with the new language settings.
-Run the Brazilian Localization DLC installer, and you should now be able to install it without any problems.
-After doing so, you will want to change your Steam language back.
-Right click on the Steam icon in your taskbar and click "Configuraįões" (it is the 4th option from the bottom)
-Navigate to the Interface tab and use the drop-down menu at the top to select English
-Click Ok to complete the change and restart the client again like before.

Let me know if this works for you all.

Cernjavo
02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
I followed every step of the solution but I still got the "Unknown Version" error.
What should I do?

add: I tried both files.

UbiHawk1ns
02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
If you wouldn't mind, submit a ticket on our support site (http://support.ubi.com) and send me a PM with the ticket number. Will gladly help.