PDA

View Full Version : (Recommended use of) Uplay (reward?) "units"?

HalloweenWeed
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi, this is my first post here, you may have seen me on the EVGA or Asus ROG Rampage forum if you are an overclocker.
I noticed the Uplay (reward?) "units", I have 20 apparently just for buying the game. This looks like something that, once used, you cannot undo. I haven't played the game yet, I am about to. I would like to know, what is the best way to spend these "units?" What is a "single-player mission "Testing unit?"" Should I spend it on rewards, or actions? What, exactly, is your recommendation; 'first blood,' 'needle exchange,' 'jungle journal,' etc.? How would you rate all the available "actions?" How would you rate the available "rewards?" If I take the 'first blood' action, spending half of my points (units) on it, what does that do? Does it just give me that achievement? Is there an in-game advantage to that, or is it just a badge? I suppose it might help to tell you I will not be creating maps, nor playing multiplayer.

Oddyysseus
08-27-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm new to this 'Units' thing, but my reading of it is that you earn Units through actions and spend them on rewards. Hope that clears one thing up for you. As for what to then spend them on, just study and choose. :)

HalloweenWeed
08-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Well I appreciate the reply, Uvgottabkiddin, but I am now a veteran player of Far Cry 3 and a big fan of it. I had all the answers to my Q many months ago, as I played the game through. Lately I had to re-install Windows and I haven't installed U-play so I can't go look at it and give the answers here, but what it amounts to is unlocking some game items that you may or may not care about. Personally I preferred a particular weapon for non-sniping duty (shredder?), so the weapons were IDC.

If I remember right, one of the rewards were skins, being different color camouflage paint, for your weapon, IDC about that either. As far a "testing unit" it basically is another cell (map) indoors that you can go through, shooting baddies and jumping around, unrelated to the storyline. Ho-hum, not really much added content. Now if there was a one that gives you the flight suit (or "glide suit"? whatever) early now that would be worth it - but that one would be expensive. The one that gives the other pistol would be great at the beginning of the game, before you got the 2nd weapon slot, but fairly useless thereafter as pistols are generally obsolete and weak the rest of the game. FYI.