PDA

View Full Version : PC or Xbox?

IronEagl3
12-09-2012, 01:17 AM
So today, I played AC3 on my friends computer. Amazing graphics to say the least, but the controls were very annoying and it was hard to move around as I pleased when I got into Boston. It sort of took away the fun and improved free running experience from me. BTW, I'm not a PC player. All the games I've purchased are on the Xbox. But what I noticed different about the PC is that in the cutscenes, everything was more clear, looked, and sounded better. Usually I don't get that kind of feeling while playing the Xbox but I still love them and get caught up in the emotion of the scene.

So my question to the people is are the graphics for AC3 as good as on the PC, or a slightly different but still amazing. If it's much worse, than should I trade an outstanding gameplay experience on the Xbox for better graphics on the PC?

Dan Pen 97
12-09-2012, 01:19 AM
I think they are both good xbox and PC.

D.I.D.
12-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Since you're someone who does notice differences in graphics, there's no question that it's much better on PC than XBox.

Get an XBox gamepad for the PC and you won't be missing anything. Since I don't have an XBox I bought the boxed "XBox controller for Windows", but I'm not sure whether that was even necessary. It's possible that a standard wired Xbox controller for the console will work anyway: see what Google can tell you about that.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 02:56 AM
get it for PC and buy a gamepad

I recommend this one: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-gamepad-f710?crid=713

I'd also suggest getting Far Cry 3..

but first, make sure your PC can run these games at great graphics.

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 07:59 AM

Yup.. that's important. Also, would like to inform you about the great optimization of AC3 on PC (sarcasm). My PC is more than capable of running AC3 maxed out, but I can't because it gives me terrible framerates at those settings (thats awesome ubisoft porting for you). So I run it at sucky settings, at which it doesn't look much better than a console :/

ace3001
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd like to add that most of the time, the framerate drops are reported by those with AMD graphics cards. Looks like either AMD has goofed their drivers yet again, or Ubisoft has messed something on their end that doesn't affect many NVIDIA users.
If your PC has an AMD Radeon graphics card, it might be best to go for Xbox 360, despite the graphics not being on par.

MasterAssasin84
12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Personaly i am sticking with my Xbox !!

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I'd like to add that most of the time, the framerate drops are reported by those with AMD graphics cards. Looks like either AMD has goofed their drivers yet again, or Ubisoft has messed something on their end that doesn't affect many NVIDIA users.
If your PC has an AMD Radeon graphics card, it might be best to go for Xbox 360, despite the graphics not being on par.

I have both AMD CPU and GPU, but many of my friends who have Nvidia GPUs are reporting problems as well. The only ones that aren't, are the ones that own the Intel i series of processors, strange.. O.o

ace3001
12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I have both AMD CPU and GPU, but many of my friends who have Nvidia GPUs are reporting problems as well. The only ones that aren't, are the ones that own the Intel i series of processors, strange.. O.o
Oh, then maybe it's an AMD CPU thing? Or AMD GPU and CPU both or either one of them? Seems to happen so randomly.

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Get a PC and if you like using your Xbox controller you can buy an adapter to use your xbox controller with your PC :)

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh, then maybe it's an AMD CPU thing? Or AMD GPU and CPU both or either one of them? Seems to happen so randomly.

I OCed my CPU and GPU and now I'm getting acceptable framerates. That'll have to do until ubisoft comes out with a performance patch. Hopes are low though >.>

Turul.
12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
get it for PC and buy a gamepad

I recommend this one: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-gamepad-f710?crid=713

I'd also suggest getting Far Cry 3..

lol be ready to cough up a couple hundred bucks

ace3001
12-10-2012, 03:02 AM
lol be ready to cough up a couple hundred bucks
Couple hundred bucks for what?

rupok2
12-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Obviously pc if u can run it. It looks much much better. As for the controls I found pc keyboard and mouse controls just fine, it just takes getting used to. However, if you really want a controller just use the xbox one with an adapter.