PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguards can stun you while disguised.

SeeknDestroy1318
12-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Okay, I understand a bodyguard stunning me if im disguised and someone locks me but i have tested this out for myself and bodyguards WILL stun a disguised persona even if you don't have them locked. This is just silly! All you have to do is hear whispers and use a bodyguard to help reveal someone you would otherwise have no clue about. Can anyone else confirm this or was it some sort of fluke on my part.

ACB_Old_School
12-08-2012, 12:24 AM
If it's true this seems stupid

najzere
12-08-2012, 12:28 AM
I can confirm that Bodyguard is ridiculous and takes an element of skill out of the equation to deal with pursuers.

anewlife_06
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
This is true! You used to be able to run around the bodyguard but now tthey run after you! Also you used to be able to stun them but with the merger of the kill stun button (which I think is still a good idea) you can only kill them and then have your target try to stun you. The only way around this is to knife or smoke the bodyguard or kill it and then knife or smoke your target when they try to stun you.

WIDOMKR383
12-08-2012, 12:36 AM
What makes me frustrated is I can no longer stun the bodyguard as I could in acr. Yeah sure you can kill the bodyguard but I don't want to be penalized 3 seconds to have my functions come back and NO I don't want to waste an ability.

anewlife_06
12-08-2012, 12:42 AM
The only other thing I can think of is to get in position to do an ariel or acrobatic kill but like I said when I tried to run to the nearest wall the bodyguard just ran after me and stunned me anyways.

SeeknDestroy1318
12-08-2012, 12:50 AM
The only other thing I can think of is to get in position to do an ariel or acrobatic kill but like I said when I tried to run to the nearest wall the bodyguard just ran after me and stunned me anyways.

Yea but then what is the point of a disguise if al you have to do is activate a bodyguard and it will seek you out like a heat seeking missle, that is just plain dumb, you don't even need to lock on to get it done. I mean if someone wants to use wipe or firecrackers that's fine, you give yourself away in the process too, but a bodyguard can see through my disguise well that's just dumb.

anewlife_06
12-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I agree with you SeeknDestroy1318! It's as bad as charge was. Fire and forget and no skill required!

cruzateu
12-08-2012, 01:06 AM
if one of your targets uses bodyguard on wolfpack , you have to leave the bodyguards line of sight or IT WILL NEVER STOP FOLLOWING YOU , it is funny though...
About your problem, it happens. (And something that people say that it is impossible to counter a bodyguard you can just use firecrackers (i didn`t test money bomb though))

anewlife_06
12-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Moneybomb only makes civilians pick up the money to reveal your target. Firecrackers blinds people and breaks their lock which bodyguard doesn't use. If anything should be able to counter it Wipe should since it cancels out teleport after it was activated.

DannyStrong
12-08-2012, 01:40 AM
it is a little silly that the bodyguard can see through disguises. but considering how powerful disguise is and how near useless bodyguard is.... I'm ok with it.

Miranger
12-08-2012, 01:47 AM
I saw a Bodyguard chase me full speed sprinting head on... Quite interesting.

anewlife_06
12-08-2012, 01:54 AM
I have to disagree with you about bodyguard being useless. While I can usually get around or counter it in the ways I mentioned earlier I still find it extremely effective in alot of situations. If you know of any other ways then please tell me as it would help my game out greatly! ;)

DannyStrong
12-08-2012, 01:54 AM
I saw a Bodyguard chase me full speed sprinting head on... Quite interesting. that sounds more like a decoy.

Miranger
12-08-2012, 01:59 AM
that sounds more like a decoy.

Decoys can't stun

anewlife_06
12-08-2012, 02:04 AM
While I agree that sounds like a decoy as he never mentioned being stunned I do know that I was stunned by a bodyguard that chased me as I tried to run away and up a wall to get into position for an ariel or acrobatic.

cruzateu
12-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Moneybomb only makes civilians pick up the money to reveal your target. Firecrackers blinds people and breaks their lock which bodyguard doesn't use. If anything should be able to counter it Wipe should since it cancels out teleport after it was activated.
bodyguards act like a civilian if you throw a firecracker, i tried in wolfpack.

Free_Hidings
12-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Didn't bodyguard find you through disguise in ACR too? I think it would be worse if disguise rendered it useless.

SoXFan231642
12-08-2012, 07:08 AM
surprise surprise, someone on the assassins creed forums is unhappy with an ability.

is there ONE ability people dont whine about? just one?

these forums barely even move, but when they do, its

i hate ____ gun/smoke/knives/poison/glimmer/disguise/bodyguard/poison dart.because someone killed me with it !!!!!!!
Im so good this is impossible!!!!
jesus.

SoXFan231642
12-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I have to disagree with you about bodyguard being useless. While I can usually get around or counter it in the ways I mentioned earlier I still find it extremely effective in alot of situations. If you know of any other ways then please tell me as it would help my game out greatly! ;)
you cant turn your target into a bodyguard, ( obviously) so if they are blended next to one clone, lock their persona ( or the clone) and use bodyguard, either you wont be able to ( identifying them silently) or it will change their clone in a bodyguard, and they will usually stun it, but either way it leaves them exposed and slightly confused!

SeeknDestroy1318
12-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Surprise surprise players want to see a better game that doesn't just make the game simple and easy for any creaton to pick up and be like oh im good at this. It's about creating balance. If im going to "complain" about an ability it would be wipe above any of them, would much rather have mute than that stupid thing.

DJ-B-Man-Jr
12-08-2012, 07:56 AM
If im going to "complain" about an ability it would be wipe above any of them, would much rather have mute than that stupid thing.

I completely agree. I have no idea why they took my beloved Mute out and replaced it with Mute Vision.

Free_Hidings
12-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Surprise surprise players want to see a better game that doesn't just make the game simple and easy for any creaton to pick up and be like oh im good at this. It's about creating balance. If im going to "complain" about an ability it would be wipe above any of them, would much rather have mute than that stupid thing.

Mute was great but do you not think it's cool that its gone? Now you have to actually THINK to pull of stuns. In ACR / ACB smoke mute was like a standard stunning machine set. Now you have to use the other, less direct abilites to get a stun and you need to work harder for them. Example = Firecrackers. I would never use these in ACR over mute, because mute was simply more effective at getting stuns. Now that mute is gone I am forced to use these more abstract abilities, and I am actually really enjoying it.

SoXFan231642
12-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Mute was great but do you not think it's cool that its gone? Now you have to actually THINK to pull of stuns. In ACR / ACB smoke mute was like a standard stunning machine set. Now you have to use the other, less direct abilites to get a stun and you need to work harder for them. Example = Firecrackers. I would never use these in ACR over mute, because mute was simply more effective at getting stuns. Now that mute is gone I am forced to use these more abstract abilities, and I am actually really enjoying it.
money bomb ( crafting helps alot) is actually pretty awesome oN stuns too if you get 2-3 civilians between you and a fast walking pursuer, they will walk right into a stun.
i especially like money bomb on small spaces like new york brewery DM, and like you said with firecrackers, in acr i might not have used that either.

DJ-B-Man-Jr
12-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Well... if you think about it, Wipe + Knives = Super Mute.

PencilManners
12-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I have had many occasions where my pursuer just runs past my bodyguard and kills me so you can just dart up to your target, you can also just run away and come back later, on many occasions the bodyguard reduces the amount of copied npc so you'll comeback, the target will have one less ability to use and hopefully if you have kept a lock on him you will roughly know where he is.

im not going to debate wether this ability is overpowered or not but there are some counters to it imo

I Emerge I
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay, I understand a bodyguard stunning me if im disguised and someone locks me but i have tested this out for myself and bodyguards WILL stun a disguised persona even if you don't have them locked. This is just silly! All you have to do is hear whispers and use a bodyguard to help reveal someone you would otherwise have no clue about. Can anyone else confirm this or was it some sort of fluke on my part.

Wasn't even aware it worked without locking in AC 3...

BlindInIce
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I think it's fine that they stun disguised pursuers since the ability is basically an alternative to spotting (and is cheap IMO) since the user usually doesn't know which player is after them.

What bothers me is they run now. You used to be able to just give them a wide berth as they derpily walked at you but now they're a lot more annoying.